spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I can still see it, its there...
This whole thing is a problem of Caching in the Template Engine that the cic server uses. Depending on who opens the site the template engine already uses the new text or the old, cached version, of the text. Just give it some hours everyone and then the page will look the same for everybody.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Has anything been announced regarding applications that are submitted and already in process? Are we still going to be assessed on 4/6 rule after Oct 11? I know many forum members have already speculated it is unlikely we will get assessed on 3/5, but I am wondering if this has been stated in speech or somewhere in FAQ/newsletter. I did a search but have not found anything.
If you applied under 4/6 rule then your application will be measured against the regulations at the time. At least for physical presence. I am not sure about tests for certain ages though.

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
I have a question regarding the documents we have to submit, when it comes to passports, they seem to only require the identification page, the one with picture and info. But I have heard from previous applicants that we had to submit all entry and exit stamps and visas as well, does anyone know which one is accurate ? What are you guys planning on sending ?

oceanidmiao

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
This whole thing is a problem of Caching in the Template Engine that the cic server uses. Depending on who opens the site the template engine already uses the new text or the old, cached version, of the text. Just give it some hours everyone and then the page will look the same for everybody.
was pre-pr credit mentioned? when will it be implemented?

Curious12

Jul 19, 2017
I have a question regarding the documents we have to submit, when it comes to passports, they seem to only require the identification page, the one with picture and info. But I have heard from previous applicants that we had to submit all entry and exit stamps and visas as well, does anyone know which one is accurate ? What are you guys planning on sending ?
For application only send the biographical page of the passport. On your interview day, they may check the stamps of your passport. If any of them is in a language other than English or French you need to have the translation too.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
From what I know, only the biographical pages need to be submitted. IIRC automatically retrieves border entry/exit data from CBSA (assuming you check the box on the application allowing them to). Then during the citizenship interview (right after the test), they will go through the stamps on your passport.

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Yeah just fill them and send them using xpresspost, they'll all arrive on the 12th anyway. CIC doesn't get mail delivery 60 times a day, Post Canada will just bundle everything and deliver it the same day

Canehdian Girl

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Congrats to all those who will benefit from the changes today. I don't have FB Live so I didn't see or hear the news. I am checking this forum for updates. Did they mention anything about the processing times since the number of applicants may double (those who finished 4 years and those who finished 3 years of physical residency)? Did they mention how they will address the issue?

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
A quick summary for those who are asking:
Changes is to be made to bill C6 effective October 11th as follows:
- Required period in Canada reduced to 3 out of 5 years (previously 4 out of 6)
- The barrier of having to saty in Canada for 183 consecutive days per year has been removed and you can just accumulate the required number of days.
- Non permanent residents (students, workers or protected person) can accumulate up to 1 year to be accounted after getting PR status (details here were a bit unclear).
- for those under 18 and applying to citizenship, they won't need to go through the exam..ish

Last edited:

key gad

Oct 4, 2017
I have question. In current website there is one requirement,

9. Police certificate(s) (as required)
You are required to provide a police certificate for each country, other than Canada, where you were present for a total of 183 days or more during the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application.

Is this will be change to 3 years or still will be 4 years?