Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi fellow to be Canadian citizens!

Application for Citizenship received on June 16, 2017
AOR July 20, 2017
In Process August 10, 2017
Applied from Regina, Sk.

Does anyone know what's the timeline for Regina applicants?

My concern is I will be going to Toronto in September for 2 months to do some course and will be back by mid of November. Is there any possibility to get test date in this time frame? And if so, can i request CIC in advance not to schedule my test during this period?

TIA!

Kg
What makes you think this is the right thread for this question?

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
I have completed 3 years post PR and 3-4 years before PR on a work permit. In short, I am qualified under new rule, but not under old rule.

I see that there is a new CIT002 form, but the calculator still shows old rule. Am I eligible to apply or should I wait for the calculator to reflect new calculations?

What else needs to happen before I apply under the new rule?

Reactions: Oboy

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I have completed 3 years post PR and 3-4 years before PR on a work permit. In short, I am qualified under new rule, but not under old rule.

I see that there is a new CIT002 form, but the calculator still shows old rule. Am I eligible to apply or should I wait for the calculator to reflect new calculations?

What else needs to happen before I apply under the new rule?
The new rules are not in effect yet. None of the forms on the website reflect the change in residency requirements. Until the new rules are in force, you cannot apply under the new rules.

The new rules will come in force in the fall of 2017 according to government announcements. There is no more precise date. So before anyone asks (again): No, we don't know it better. Fall 2017, that's all there is.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Also, just to give one of many examples in the IRPA that dpenabill was referring to:

Section 29 (1) of the IRPA says:
29 (1) A temporary resident is, subject to the other provisions of this Act, authorized to enter and remain in Canada on a temporary basis as a visitor or as a holder of a temporary resident permit.

This, to the very least, shows that a visitor can be a temporary resident.
this may well be true but as depenbill implied the burden of proof for a tourist category of temporary resident may discourage anybody from gaining any or much benefit given the possible extra scrutiny and simply the challenge of proving time in the country as a tourist after the event.

Whether visitors were mentioned or not in the bill, until such time both the effective date is announced and the formal detailed eligibility guidelines are published we are all really speculating how C 6 will truly be implemented.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
The new rules are not in effect yet. None of the forms on the website reflect the change in residency requirements. Until the new rules are in force, you cannot apply under the new rules.

The new rules will come in force in the fall of 2017 according to government announcements. There is no more precise date. So before anyone asks (again): No, we don't know it better. Fall 2017, that's all there is.
Thanks for the update.

The thread title is misleading (or premature to be precise). That and the fact that there is a new CIT002 on the CIC website gave me the impression that I was missing something.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I wish CIC would announce some updates about the dates for implementation.
The fact that they havent yet and fall starts in a month indicates to me that it will happen closer to the end of fall (dec) rather than beginning. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thanks for the update.

The thread title is misleading (or premature to be precise). That and the fact that there is a new CIT002 on the CIC website gave me the impression that I was missing something.
The only change on the CIT002 form was the removal of the "intent to reside" part of the form.

And I agree, the title is misleading. It's a common problem in this forum that people are overly zealous sometimes. There are people who would start an "October 2017 citizenship applications" in mid-August because they need to do something while waiting :) But we are all only human after all, that's what impatience does.

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
The fact that they havent yet and fall starts in a month indicates to me that it will happen closer to the end of fall (dec) rather than beginning. I hope I am wrong.
Couldn't agree more :-(

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
If I remembered correctly, the implementation date for C24 was announced about only a month ahead of time

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Hey guys. I was in CEC thread and now I can apply as soon as Bill C-6 is implemented officially. I am collecting my documents required and just got a few questions if anyone can help me?

1. IELTS - Gave my test in March 2014 and I have the original test results (it is not sealed,as I sent the sealed one for my CEC app). I assume this test result is still valid and I need to include only a copy of the test result correct? And I need to take the original of the results to the interview?

2. Police Clearance - I have been living in Canada since Oct 2012, so in that case I dont need to get a PCC from India i.e. my home country unless they ask for it?

3. I'll get RCMP clearance for this correct since I have been a resident of canada from 2012?

Thanks so much :)

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
I'm looking for confirmation. Please explain why do you need Entry/Exit stamps and Travel History when it's advised that it's best to authorized Canada Border Services Agency to release the report directly to CIC?
My guess is they want people to go through CBSA so they can catch fraudsters or even lengthen the process a few weeks to make things easier on themselves. Personally. They really should just tell you to release the CBSA data to them and shorten the process.

univega

Feb 13, 2013
If I remembered correctly, the implementation date for C24 was announced about only a month ahead of time
I believe it was only announced a couple of days prior to implementation. On June 5, 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (“CIC”) announced that the remaining amendments of C24 would become effective on June 11, 2015.

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Please assist me in understanding the following two questions/portions of the application forms.
G. Addresses in the last 6 years immediately before the application or since you became PR, whichever is more recent?
H. Work and education history in the last 6 years or since you became permanent resident.
Beside above two issues in another place the application form requires us to submit passport information pages for six years.
It is confusing for me as I came to Canada in Feb-2013 and Got PR in Aug-2014. Do I need to mention my living addresses after I got PR or I need to mention addresses of the last six years? If I am required to mention 6 years information then that will include 2012 in which I was outside of Canada.
Thanks for your help in advance.