18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Application form:
Please assist me in understanding the following two questions/portions of the application forms.
G. Addresses in the last 6 years immediately before the application or since you became PR, whichever is more recent?
H. Work and education history in the last 6 years or since you became permanent resident.
Beside above two issues in another place the application form requires us to submit passport information pages for six years.
It is confusing for me as I came to Canada in Feb-2013 and Got PR in Aug-2014. Do I need to mention my living addresses after I got PR or I need to mention addresses of the last six years? If I am required to mention 6 years information then that will include 2012 in which I was outside of Canada.
Thanks for your help in advance.
It clearly says what you need to do.

G. Addresses in the last 6 years immediately before the application or since you became PR, whichever is more recent?
H. Work and education history in the last 6 years or since you became permanent resident.

Reactions: Najimi

Optimist22222

Dec 7, 2011
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 28, 2017
Citizenship application photograph specifications has been changed

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp
Date Modified: 2017-08-23
Hi,
Can you please tell when did this modification exactly happen? Where is "Date Modified" mentioned".
I had signed my application on August 20 but repeated the photographs at Costco on August 24 and sent the Application the same day. However, the date on my application remained August 20, 2017.
Called CIC yesterday but they could not give me any clear answer. All they could say was that I have to wait until the application is checked for completion and if it is not complete then it will be sent back to me.
I am now wondering what will happen to my application.
Please give your opinion.
Thanks

ROBBIOS

May 24, 2017
It clearly says what you need to do.

You can not apply for citizenship as long as you are not a PR. My understanding is that this question is being asked because maybe this person thinks " 6 years" applies to " since you became PR" as well. then in this case, 6 years from the application is always more recent. But the time windows is being asked here is 6 years before the application or from the time that you became PR and I think for most of us who are seeking to be citizen soon after meeting the requirements, that "since you became PR" is more recent.

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hi,
Can you please tell when did this modification exactly happen? Where is "Date Modified" mentioned".
I had signed my application on August 20 but repeated the photographs at Costco on August 24 and sent the Application the same day. However, the date on my application remained August 20, 2017.
Called CIC yesterday but they could not give me any clear answer. All they could say was that I have to wait until the application is checked for completion and if it is not complete then it will be sent back to me.
I am now wondering what will happen to my application.
Please give your opinion.
Thanks
I think the best option is to wait as suggested by CIC and there is a high chance that they will accept the photos.

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
You can not apply for citizenship as long as you are not a PR. My understanding is that this question is being asked because maybe this person thinks " 6 years" applies to " since you became PR" as well. then in this case, 6 years from the application is always more recent. But the time windows is being asked here is 6 years before the application or from the time that you became PR and I think for most of us who are seeking to be citizen soon after meeting the requirements, that "since you became PR" is more recent.
Yes, my case is similar to this, I came in feb 2013 and got PR in Aug 2014. With bill c6 I am eligible to apply for citizenship, as my total stay in Canada becomes Three years ( 2 year after PR and one year befor that). stating living address after PR will become only two year and I believe the new forms will also be like old one it will ask for 5 or 6 years addresses

ROBBIOS

May 24, 2017
Yes, my case is similar to this, I came in feb 2013 and got PR in Aug 2014. With bill c6 I am eligible to apply for citizenship, as my total stay in Canada becomes Three years ( 2 year after PR and one year befor that). stating living address after PR will become only two year and I believe the new forms will also be like old one it will ask for 5 or 6 years addresses
First of all, if you got your PR on August 2014, you already have 3 years of pr residency, why are you using your pre-PR credit? secondly, as I said, in your case, "since you became PR" is more recent than 6 years before the application. You are PR since 2014 and you need to provide the addresses since 2014 not since 6 years from the date of your application that is 2011. They already have those addresses when you applied for PR and they need to know where you lived after you got PR. despite all of that, you would be safe if you submit all addresses since 2011 but it is redundant.

Reactions: Oboy and Najimi

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
First of all, if you got your PR on August 2014, you already have 3 years of pr residency, why are you using your pre-PR credit? secondly, as I said, in your case, "since you became PR" is more recent than 6 years before the application. You are PR since 2014 and you need to provide the addresses since 2014 not since 6 years from the date of your application that is 2011. They already have those addresses when you applied for PR and they need to know where you lived after you got PR. despite all of that, you would be safe if you submit all addresses since 2011 but it is redundant.
Thanks ROBBIS for the detail answer. I my self prefer to provide addresses after PR because before PR I don't axactly remember and they already have it. I am also worry if there is a minor mistake between addresses of PR and citizenship application then the application will be returned and delayed.

Reactions: Oboy

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
This thread is post bill C-6 " Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6" not understood why we are talking here wrt 6/4 year rule.

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
This thread is post bill C-6 " Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6" not understood why we are talking here wrt 6/4 year rule.
New forms (after bill c6) is not out yet. We assume that new forms will be similar to old forms, there maybe some minor changesin it, thus discussing old citizenship application form is still relevant.

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
New forms (after bill c6) is not out yet. We assume that new forms will be similar to old forms, there maybe some minor changesin it, thus discussing old citizenship application form is still relevant.
Till new forms are issued read 5 in place of 6 years and 3 in place of 4 years. That should be new form without 183 days presence in a year rule. No one knows if they will still ask police clearance if one has been out more than 183 days in any year from Canada in last 5 years. Residence requirement in Canada after getting citizenship has already been removed in current form. I/Tax returns will be at least 3-5 years.Rest hardly anything is going to change. Hope so.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
No one knows if they will still ask police clearance if one has been out more than 183 days in any year from Canada in last 5 years.
Current requirement to provide police certificate is based on presence in another country during the last FOUR years.

While the requirement to include a police certificate is administrative and can be changed at any time, there are no changes in Bill C-6 which are relevant to this requirement. The underlying prohibition for offenses in the last FOUR years, which includes offenses outside Canada as well as in Canada, is NOT changing, so there is no reason to anticipate any change or removal of the requirement to submit a police certificate with the application.

This has NO relationship to the change from a 4/6 presence requirement to the 3/5 presence requirement.

ericsongu

Aug 24, 2017
Who knows if with the new C-6 LAW, the time spent outside due work (working for a Canadian Company) is going to be discount or not?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Who knows if with the new C-6 LAW, the time spent outside due work (working for a Canadian Company) is going to be discount or not?
No, there's no discount , since it just simply won't count - unless it is for the federal government or military