+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
If there was an office you went to in Calgary then you could write that address..if not, then as someone suggested, write a short letter explaining why the address is of Ontario even when you worked in Calgary- I'm sure it's not a big deal

CanadianSoonToBe, Come2Canada and Oceanidmiao,
I would like to thank you all. Really appreciating your response. At least I have an idea that I have to write a letter to explain this. Actually, I am not sure what legitimate reason should I mention in letter that why Employer has written that. Technically, he should write my Calgary address in AB T4 but by mistake, he wrote Ontario. Now I am trying to find out the reason to write in letter. Any suggestion ? Anyone has a Sample explanation letter please?

Secondly, I worked with different employers but through outsource companies. Means, I was working for company A through Company B. Means I was working in the offices of company A and my pay role was with company B. So should I write company A contact person detail in application form or company B contact person detail ?

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
If you paid tax for that then CRA has this part time work information! And if you did not inform IRCC then it is contradictory! Not sure why you think part time job earning is not legit! Anyways! you can do whatever you think right but I don't think it is a good to give someone suggestion whiteout being 100% sure about it!
True but its more complicated than that, all I reported was amount of revenue I had, they have no idea where I got it from, so I was like meh, I'm just gonna put unemployed for those few months.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
I would like to thank you all. Really appreciating your response. At least I have an idea that I have to write a letter to explain this. Actually, I am not sure what legitimate reason should I mention in letter that why Employer has written that. Technically, he should write my Calgary address in AB T4 but by mistake, he wrote Ontario. Now I am trying to find out the reason to write in letter. Any suggestion ? Anyone has a Sample explanation letter please?

Secondly, I worked with different employers but through outsource companies. Means, I was working for company A through Company B. Means I was working in the offices of company A and my pay role was with company B. So should I write company A contact person detail in application form or company B contact person detail ?
I don't think its something you need to worry about so much. Just a simple explanation saying that your employer was based in Ontario and he/she sent you to Calgary, Alberta for work. Since they paid your salary, and you didn't really have an office to go to in Calgary, the address you provided is of Ontario which is the address of the employer. Don't complicate the letter too much. I would no write anything more than 3-4 lines frankly.

As for your 2nd question, I would go for the contact person from whichever company's HR personnel you dealt with. And again, providing details from either of the companies will not matter. But if you are still worried, you could include an explanation for that too in your letter. Make sure you are clear about exactly which employment you are talking about.

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
Another update for you to add to your spreadsheet. AOR received on Nov 10.

Where is the spreadsheet available to be viewed?

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017

For question 2, I believe you always write whoever pays you as they (human resources) have your information.

ahasan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2007
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
Please add to tracker

Citizenship Office: Toronto
App Mailed - Oct 14, 2017
App Delivered - Oct 17, 2017
AOR Received - Nov 14, 2017
In Process - ????
Test Invite - ????
Test date - ????
Decision Made - ????
Oath invite - ????
Oath - ????

Reactions: mamun777 and qjzhou

skookumbc

Nov 7, 2017
Hi,

Please add my info-

Location - Vancouver
Single
Physical presence - 1104
Application sent - Oct 25
Delivered - Oct 30

Thanks!

mamun777

Apr 30, 2014
Please add me kindly if possible
Physical presence: 1150
Application sent: on 13th October
Application received: On 19 th October

Thank you very much

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
For question 2, I believe you always write whoever pays you as they (human resources) have your information.
I don't think its something you need to worry about so much. Just a simple explanation saying that your employer was based in Ontario and he/she sent you to Calgary, Alberta for work. Since they paid your salary, and you didn't really have an office to go to in Calgary, the address you provided is of Ontario which is the address of the employer. Don't complicate the letter too much. I would no write anything more than 3-4 lines frankly.

As for your 2nd question, I would go for the contact person from whichever company's HR personnel you dealt with. And again, providing details from either of the companies will not matter. But if you are still worried, you could include an explanation for that too in your letter. Make sure you are clear about exactly which employment you are talking about.

Thank you for Reply. I guess I will write down a letter with 4-5 lines and will explain both things in one letter. I should address some one in that letter or Just starts Q as below ?. Do you think below lines are ok and enough ? Anyone want to make any changes, you are welcome.

"
Explanation

Assessing Your Eligibility

11. Details of Employment during Eligibility Period:

During my eligibility period, I was hired by different Ontario based companies including A, B and C for supporting their clients D,E and F. I was working in clients' locations D, E and F. My Ontario based employer A sent me to Alberta for few months to support their client A. So always I worked on clients' locations."

Last edited:

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015

Thank you. Make sense. I will write A/D and so on and will give all the contact details of actual employer who was paying me but will give the addresses of clients because I was working in their locations.

Please see the lines and style of letter in above post and give your feed back. Thanks

Last edited: