+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cec2011 said:
The officer told me I may get form CIT0520 at my interview as I traveled a lot and applied with only 1095 days.

I got the CIT0520 about a month later (see timeline below) and sent in the required documents.

My ECAS status changed to "decision made" on June 3rd which means oath letter should be in the mail soon, as it leads me to believe the officer was satisfied with my intent to stay in Canada and gave me a positive decision (I feel if they needed more info I'd have gotten RQ or a hearing request). I didn't think it would be this short as I've heard horror stories of people waiting for well over a year. I was so upset but am now happily surprised :)
Congrats! Can you share with us where your local office is? And please keep us posted. Thanks.

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
EdmontonM said:
Congrats! Can you share with us where your local office is? And please keep us posted. Thanks.
My local office is Scarborough :)

Someone who took the test the day before me got their oath invite in the mail today - so hopefully soon for me too - perhaps when I get home from class tonight :) Will be 20 years to wait until Monday otherwise, lol.

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
cec2011 said:
My local office is Scarborough :)

Someone who took the test the day before me got their oath invite in the mail today - so hopefully soon for me too - perhaps when I get home from class tonight :) Will be 20 years to wait until Monday otherwise, lol.
What did they require in the cit 0520 from you?

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
johoja said:
What did they require in the cit 0520 from you?
I traveled too much - I have a bit of a passion for traveling :) However in 2011 I made a lot of weekend trips back to my home city (Chicago - an hour flight from Toronto) so they wanted to get info from me from CBSA. CBSA pulled up day trips which I had taken but had not noted in my original travel documents as they said I didn't need to - also I DID end up missing one trip which I had forgotten about, so instead of having 1095 days, I had 1094. I was honest about my mistake and pointed out that I was literally eligible to apply on the day I sent the application and they could check the postmark. I guess that was good enough for them to be satisfied I met the residency requirement. I have some letters of recommendation from my agency and from where I volunteer as well to verify I've been in Canada for a long time (since 2002!).

Unless the Decision Made is my deportation order... :eek:

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should be good. There is no reason why they would do it since you completed 1095 days and you lived in Canada after applying for citizenship. I just have one question though. Did your ecas updated when you got the CIT 0520? Mine never updated and I am not sure if my ecas will change once they make their decision.

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
ilkar said:
I think you should be good. There is no reason why they would do it since you completed 1095 days and you lived in Canada after applying for citizenship. I just have one question though. Did your ecas updated when you got the CIT 0520? Mine never updated and I am not sure if my ecas will change once they make their decision.
Nope! Nothing on ECAS for the CIT0520 - just the 5th line where i was scheduled to take the test, and nothing after! I think it's because, by that time, one officer is overlooking your file so there doesn't need to be a paper trail for other officers to maybe review your file? Who knows.

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cec2011 said:
Nope! Nothing on ECAS for the CIT0520 - just the 5th line where i was scheduled to take the test, and nothing after! I think it's because, by that time, one officer is overlooking your file so there doesn't need to be a paper trail for other officers to maybe review your file? Who knows.
Ok thank you for your quick response. Hopefully Vancouver is as fast Scarborough in dealing with these. Let us know what happens next :)

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC Call Centre to make sure they got the requested documents, but the agent told me they cannot verify it. She even didn't take my name or file number to pull up my file. I asked if my status would change if they received the documents, and she replied "it depends on the officer: some officers update the e-file; some don't!"
Considering the 20-minute wait time, it was a waste of time calling CIC Call Centre.

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody,

I ordered atip notes on may 12th. After not receiving them in 30 days, I emailed the office and got this response: The delay is due to the fact that we are currently unable to print your electronic citizenship file. This technical issue will be resolved at the end of July. Has anyone received this before? I tried to look everywhere and it seems I am the first to receive this. Thank you in advance for your help!

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I ordered my atip on May 26 so I am hoping to get it very soon. It would be terrible if we have to wait until the end of July to receive our report. I won't be surprised at anyway given the fact that CIC is really not doing anything these days.

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
Hi guys -

after getting a CIT0520 in April and handing it in in early May, my file change to "decision made" June 3rd and I've been informed I'm taking the oath July 8th (ECAS updated with info and I got the pink letter yesterday).

So I would say never fret - they seem to be processing them more quickly than they were in 2011/2012. And supposedly they are trying to clear all their backlog by March 2016 so I'm thinking and hoping everyone on these forums who's applied will have taken the oath by then!

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! for new applications like yours the process is completely different. New applications are processed very very fast even those that receive RQs and CIT0520 as opposed to 2010/2011/2012 applicants. Some of us have been waiting for more than 50 months so I am not hopeful that these will be resolved anytime soon.

cec2011 said:
Hi guys -

after getting a CIT0520 in April and handing it in in early May, my file change to "decision made" June 3rd and I've been informed I'm taking the oath July 8th (ECAS updated with info and I got the pink letter yesterday).

So I would say never fret - they seem to be processing them more quickly than they were in 2011/2012. And supposedly they are trying to clear all their backlog by March 2016 so I'm thinking and hoping everyone on these forums who's applied will have taken the oath by then!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
cec2011 said:
Hi guys -

congrautulations

Anti- racism

May 20, 2015
I got CIT 0520 for at the interview. The officer asked me for a translation of stamps. I already submitted one with application. She wants to see 2 stamps after the date of submitting the application? I sent the 2nd translation mid june. Any advice?