+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
I don't. Why would they need those? They already have those dates per their CBSA search. They want to know why I failed to disclose those. So I am going to figure out what to say in a letter to them soon.
What do you think I should say?
I think the best way to go would be to say that you made a mistake and reply by giving a new residency calculator, which includes those trips. My mother had also too many trips and didn't disclose 3 of them by mistake. Once she gave a revised residency calculator, they were able to move forward with the application.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilkar said:
I think the best way to go would be to say that you made a mistake and reply by giving a new residency calculator, which includes those trips. My mother had also too many trips and didn't disclose 3 of them by mistake. Once she gave a revised residency calculator, they were able to move forward with the application.
That's a good idea. Did she get her oath?

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
That's a good idea. Did she get her oath?
No she just received a phone call from CIC asking one other question and saying the residency calculator has been accepted and no further documents would be needed for her application, so she should get it anytime now. I think you should just write a cover letter explaining you made a mistake and that you sent an updated residency calculator and it should do it.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilkar said:
No she just received a phone call from CIC asking one other question and saying the residency calculator has been accepted and no further documents would be needed for her application, so she should get it anytime now. I think you should just write a cover letter explaining you made a mistake and that you sent an updated residency calculator and it should do it.
Many thanks. I will do that.
How about I say "I forgot to include those dates because at the time of filling out my RQ I didn't have access to old passports any more. However here it is a revised residency calculator as best as I can remember."

What say you?
======

What question did they ask???

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Many thanks. I will do that.
How about I say "I forgot to include those dates because at the time of filling out my RQ I didn't have access to old passports any more. However here it is a revised residency calculator as best as I can remember."

What say you?
======

What question did they ask???
Yes I say that should do it as long as the revised one is fairly accurate and that you stayed 1095 days prior to applying, that is perfect.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilkar said:
Yes I say that should do it as long as the revised one is fairly accurate and that you stayed 1095 days prior to applying, that is perfect.
Okay after a careful review of their CBSA report, I realized 2 of the trips indicated on the CBSA report were not actually completed trips. My last US bound flight was canceled at the last minute, and we were ordered to clear the customs to re-enter Canada in order to take an early flight the next day. However I have no way to prove this. Same thing happened on a different date many years ago, when another U.S. bound flight had been canceled and I decided not to go at all. Yet, I cleared the customs to get back in Canada as instructed by West Jet airline staff. Now I do not have those passports used so many years ago for those entries. What's my option? What should I do?

And I also realized that now I am short of 1095 days (based on the day my application was signed in 2012). Maybe that's why the whole thing has been delayed?

What are the chances of getting rejected at this time? Does any one know?

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Okay after a careful review of their CBSA report, I realized 2 of the trips indicated on the CBSA report were not actually completed trips. My last US bound flight was canceled at the last minute, and we were ordered to clear the customs to re-enter Canada in order to take an early flight the next day. However I have no way to prove this. Same thing happened on a different date many years ago, when another U.S. bound flight had been canceled and I decided not to go at all. Yet, I cleared the customs to get back in Canada as instructed by West Jet airline staff. Now I do not have those passports used so many years ago for those entries. What's my option? What should I do?

And I also realized that now I am short of 1095 days (based on the day my application was signed in 2012). Maybe that's why the whole thing has been delayed?

What are the chances of getting rejected at this time? Does any one know?
If you get an appointment with the judge, which you probably will based on what you wrote, he/she will decide whether or not to accept or reject your application. Do your best to defend your case and you may want to contact an immigration lawyer so that they can direct you towards the best way to do it. CIC has been really tough lately on applications short of 1095 days. But the good news is that you may have enough to apply within the new law and processing is really fast. Good luck

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilkar said:
If you get an appointment with the judge, which you probably will based on what you wrote, he/she will decide whether or not to accept or reject your application. Do your best to defend your case and you may want to contact an immigration lawyer so that they can direct you towards the best way to do it. CIC has been really tough lately on applications short of 1095 days. But the good news is that you may have enough to apply within the new law and processing is really fast. Good luck
Do they issue CIT 0520 to any one and every one? I have yet to read here that one who was issued this form had to see a judge. I am confused.
Plus, I was told by my interviewing official that I don't need to see a judge. And my ATIP reports indicate that 'CJ' is not needed. So which is it?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question:

there is a question on all RQ or citizenship applications that asks to 'mention all your absences' from Canada. So now, does this mean 'absences' since the day one steps foot on the Canadian soil? Or does this mean absences since one becomes a PR?

Also, how does residency calculator work? Does it take into account each and every day prior to becoming a PR? Do one's travels prior to becoming PR account for his absences too?

I am not sure if my questions make sense. But any response is duly appreciated. Thank you.

14 years and counting

Sep 22, 2014
Hi Guys today i attended my oath ceremony there where 56 people in total, and it took us about 2hours in total. There did not ask for any other ID just the permanent resident card and the invitation letter. I want to say keep your spirit up to those that have been waiting a long time and l know it might seem hopeless at times but just remember to try and use the available resources at your disposal(I called my MP every week until i got it).

thanks guys and good luck.

Application recvd: August 2013
Test : January 2015
CIT0520: June 3 2015
Oath July: 9 2015

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
14 years and counting said:
Hi Guys today i attended my oath ceremony there where 56 people in total, and it took us about 2hours in total. There did not ask for any other ID just the permanent resident card and the invitation letter. I want to say keep your spirit up to those that have been waiting a long time and l know it might seem hopeless at times but just remember to try and use the available resources at your disposal(I called my MP every week until i got it).

thanks guys and good luck.

Application recvd: August 2013
Test : January 2015
CIT0520: June 3 2015
Oath July: 9 2015
congratulations

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bashaclick said:
Hello Rayan14
are you applied for citizenship from 2012 ?
and you still not get any good update!!
I have now retained a respectable immigration lawyer to start the process of suing the f..ing CIC union bums. I have fired the first shot by giving them a warning. Apparently the CIC idiots have made a huge mistake on my residency questionnaire files. I had, at the time of my citizenship application signing, more than 1450 days. But due to the cic's error I was credited with less than 1096 days.
As you can tell I have no freaking respect for the Jason Kenney's and now Chris Alexander's departments. Can't wait for them to lose the upcoming election.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
As you can tell I have no freaking respect for the Jason Kenney's and now Chris Alexander's departments. Can't wait for them to lose the upcoming election.
even if the conservatives loose the elections CIC staff stays the same .

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItkExpert said:
even if the conservatives loose the elections CIC staff stays the same .
Perhaps, but I m blaming the current government for the a quarter million plus backlog. I once was a Conservative party supporter and staffer. We will see if they will "LOSE" the election or not.