+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi Rayan

Any progress on your case ??? every day hope rise and end of the day found nothing
in post nor at e cas...

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi Rayan

Any progress on your case ??? every day hope rise and end of the day found nothing
in post nor at e cas...
No progress yet.
I am not sure I understand the second half of your sentence/statement. Could you repeat your point again?

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sign me up too. I was handed CIT0520 at the interview after the test. Just sent the requested doc's. Hope it doesn't take very long.

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EdmontonM said:
Sign me up too. I was handed CIT0520 at the interview after the test. Just sent the requested doc's. Hope it doesn't take very long.
Good luck. It should not take too long, let's hope for the best!

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
ilkar,

I don't understand why when you sent them everything incl. translations originally with your application, they send you CIT0520 some weeks after test ?

You mentioned something about visiting family who work with/for UN. Maybe it is where they are based for the UN - such as maybe Mid East and so they just want to be sure ? Very odd...

I am making this assumption since you said translation of stamps..so I thought maybe some exotic part of the world where your folks are based where the stamps don't have English words/date formats etc. and the officer just wanted to be triply sure (as if doubly sure during interview was not enuf).

YOu think it was just soooo many stamps - although all in order- and the officer may have been like WOW...I am overwhelmed by seeing so many pages with so many stamps ?

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
ilkar,

I don't understand why when you sent them everything incl. translations originally with your application, they send you CIT0520 some weeks after test ?

You mentioned something about visiting family who work with/for UN. Maybe it is where they are based for the UN - such as maybe Mid East and so they just want to be sure ? Very odd...

I am making this assumption since you said translation of stamps..so I thought maybe some exotic part of the world where your folks are based where the stamps don't have English words/date formats etc. and the officer just wanted to be triply sure (as if doubly sure during interview was not enuf).

YOu think it was just soooo many stamps - although all in order- and the officer may have been like WOW...I am overwhelmed by seeing so many pages with so many stamps ?
Hi,

For my passport, you are correct in that there are some stamps that do not have English format but it should not have been an issue because I submitted a passport translation along with the original application from an approved agency. As for my father, he is based in Italy but he covers all northern Africa and all of the Middle East for his work. However, I never visited him in a region where there is a war or civil unrest besides Egypt when the revolution started. I don't think that was the problem. I think it was due to the fact that for the first year when I was permanent resident, I was in Morocco, Egypt, USA where I was studying in a university and Italy. Then when I transferred to Vancouver, I had maybe 4 or 5 trips to Italy and some other European countries. During the interview, the lady who was talking to me just wanted to make sense of my passport and all my trips and I can understand that it was hard because there were so many stamps. I just hope that it won't take a long time because they should have everything now and I applied with more than 2 months after I completed my 3 years. If you have anymore questions, let me know I will be happy to answer.

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bashaclick said:
Hello,

anyone waiting more than one year after sent CIT 0520 without any reply from CIC ?
OMG! It might take more than a year?? Would you please share your timeline?

canciti

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After the test/interview did the officer told you when you will get the letter of oath? or did he tell you that you will receive CIT 0520 in mail. I am asking bcoz after reading this post I am kinda scared that I may also get CIT 0520

BTW the office did tell me that I should expect oath letter within 2 months. Does it mean I should not be worried about CIT 0520? plz do reply thanks

janoo

May 16, 2014
Keep positive things in your mind, hope that all over and you can keep checking your
post and one day pink letter will be in your hand.....

DLN

Nov 25, 2014
bashaclick said:
Hello,

anyone waiting more than one year after sent CIT 0520 without any reply from CIC ?
Had test on 24th Nov 2014, got CIT 0520 same day , sent it within a week.

Waiting since then..

canciti

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you guys were told by the interviewer on the test day that you will get CIT 0502 or did he say that wait for the oath letter. Guys who got CIT 0502 after the test plz reply

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
EdmontonM said:
hi EdmontonM do u know why did they gave you CT0520 after your interview..? i am from edmonton too.. my case is pending because i am short of 19 days.. but before the test they already sent me CT050 last year.. so I dunno whats gonna be the final decision the officer told me i need to wait for 6-8 weeks if i'm going to have my oath and another 2-4 months to schedule an oath taking (if the CJ will grant me my Citizenship) for now i heard nothing its been a month now.. but still hoping for the best.. good luck for the both of us..

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CK07 said:
hi EdmontonM do u know why did they gave you CT0520 after your interview..? i am from edmonton too.. my case is pending because i am short of 19 days.. but before the test they already sent me CT050 last year.. so I dunno whats gonna be the final decision the officer told me i need to wait for 6-8 weeks if i'm going to have my oath and another 2-4 months to schedule an oath taking (if the CJ will grant me my Citizenship) for now i heard nothing its been a month now.. but still hoping for the best.. good luck for the both of us..
I lost my passport right after I became a permanent resident, and I applied with 1096 days of residency. Obviously the officer wanted to make sure I WAS physically in Canada for the claimed duration. So by issuing CIT0520, he asked for more documents. I sent off all the required docs last week.

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
The officer told me I may get form CIT0520 at my interview as I traveled a lot and applied with only 1095 days.

I got the CIT0520 about a month later (see timeline below) and sent in the required documents.

My ECAS status changed to "decision made" on June 3rd which means oath letter should be in the mail soon, as it leads me to believe the officer was satisfied with my intent to stay in Canada and gave me a positive decision (I feel if they needed more info I'd have gotten RQ or a hearing request). I didn't think it would be this short as I've heard horror stories of people waiting for well over a year. I was so upset but am now happily surprised :)