+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

Moe975

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I just submitted the documents along with the CIT0171, and i do understand that the officer has 60 days from the time he got assigned to the file to make a decision.

my question is, usually how long does it take to assign an officer once they receive the file?

thanks

FutureCanadian

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe975 said:
Guys, I just submitted the documents along with the CIT0171, and i do understand that the officer has 60 days from the time he got assigned to the file to make a decision.

my question is, usually how long does it take to assign an officer once they receive the file?

thanks
The RQ is received only after the file is allocated to the officer. The RQ Cover letter you received should bear the name of the officer working on the case.

Moe975

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I received the RQ during the test, there was no covering letter (Only the form of CIT0171).

I am not sure if the assigned officer will be the same officer who interviewed me.

FutureCanadian

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe975 said:
When I received the RQ during the test, there was no covering letter (Only the form of CIT0171).

I am not sure if the assigned officer will be the same officer who interviewed me.
Check your GCMS notes and send a case specific inquiry..

Moe975

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FutureCanadian said:
Check your GCMS notes and send a case specific inquiry..
thank you futurecanadian, i just requested the GCMS notes through AITP, and i will submit the case specific inquiry (however they mentioned that they wont reply if my case has not exceeded the time frame, which in my case didnt exceed.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Still no update on my application, since they received all the additional documents (April 29, 2016). still waiting for ATIP (40 days since the request)

Moe975

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys anyone has an idea how long does it take for IRCC to assign an officer to RQ file ? Montreal office or any?

Moe975

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GOT my ATIP report which doesn't say much after 31 days, it mentioned they opened my file in August but doesn't seem an officer has been assigned yet.

Checked with the MP but nothing concrete

Filed case specific inquiry from 7 days

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe975 said:
GOT my ATIP report which doesn't say much after 31 days, it mentioned they opened my file in August but doesn't seem an officer has been assigned yet.

Checked with the MP but nothing concrete

Filed case specific inquiry from 7 days
Does case specific inquiry help compared to ATIP ? I thought case specific inquiry is for applications that crossed the 12 months duration.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After you respond to the RQ with CIT docs. if you don't receive any reply from IRCC for 6 months then you can contact them. My CIT 0520 docs were received by IRCC on April 22 and I haven't received any response from them yet. Will call them up on Oct 22 for a response.
Moe975 said:
I just tried for case specific inquiry, but haven't received any response yet.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Just got my ATIP requested back in July (took almost 2.5 months)... :( , looks like there's some movements in my application, my documents (CTI 0520 and CIT 0171) were received April 29, 2016.
I noticed those changes:
knowledge: PASSED
Language: PASSED
Residency: Referred for hearing :(
Criminality: PASSED
Prohibition: Not started
Hearing: Not started
Oath: Not started
Discretionary grant: N
and also notice that my file traveled to Montreal and back to St.Clair
The other one left are blank, not sure if Residency: Referred for hearing is referring to CJ, i wasn't short in days.

Any comment from you guys and Champions Member in this forum, much appreciated.

Thank you,

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Jaroddz long time bud. Did they ask you for CIT 0171 too? I thought you either get CIT 0520 (old rule) or CIT 0171 (new rule). Good to know there is some movement with your file. Hope you see the judge soon and get your oath. Any idea why you were held for residency?
Jaroddz said:
Just got my ATIP requested back in July (took almost 2.5 months)... :( , looks like there's some movements in my application, my documents (CTI 0520 and CIT 0171) were received April 29, 2016.
I noticed those changes:
knowledge: PASSED
Language: PASSED
Residency: Referred for hearing :(
Criminality: PASSED
Prohibition: Not started
Hearing: Not started
Oath: Not started
Discretionary grant: N
and also notice that my file traveled to Montreal and back to St.Clair
The other one left are blank, not sure if Residency: Referred for hearing is referring to CJ, i wasn't short in days.

Any comment from you guys and Champions Member in this forum, much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
good to hear from you too, yes they issued me both bud, for the residency i think is because GC of US but never spend a night is US during all my 3 years. the CO as soon as she saw that on my application she (went nuts) hand me over the CIT 0520, what can i say "my luck", but i wish you will have a better one than me.

not sure if the "referred to hearing" mean see it the CJ or not, that's what I'm trying to find out here from other members from this forum

Moe975

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaroddz said:
good to hear from you too, yes they issued me both bud, for the residency i think is because GC of US but never spend a night is US during all my 3 years. the CO as soon as she saw that on my application she (went nuts) hand me over the CIT 0520, what can i say "my luck", but i wish you will have a better one than me.

not sure if the "referred to hearing" mean see it the CJ or not, that's what I'm trying to find out here from other members from this forum
Have u tried to send ATIP movement records from the US?