+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

Edmoney

Jan 26, 2016
My status changed to DM..
Time line - Edmonton office, test on 4th Jan, CIT0520 answered on 8th Feb, DM on 24June -
but no noted been updated -

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Submitted my cit 0520 and RQ on May 22 and waiting to. almost three months and still no report from US entry exits. Not sure if I will ever see that report and if CIC will question it or not. Sent them the request information.

FutureCanadian

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edmoney said:
Is that normal that the notes wont update when the application status changes -?
Ideally they should get updated. Depends if you have requested the GCMS/ ATIP notes after the status change.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My CIT 0520 docs reached CIC on April 17.Called up CIC to find out update. I was told since my case is non routine, I should wait for an answer till OCT 17 which is 6 months from receipt of my docs by CIC. Just another piece of info.

FutureCanadian

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrew7007 said:
My CIT 0520 docs reached CIC on April 17.Called up CIC to find out update. I was told since my case is non routine, I should wait for an answer till OCT 17 which is 6 months from receipt of my docs by CIC. Just another piece of info.
You never know the turn may get early. I have found these call centre agents to be less knowledgeable about the case. They usually have generic responses for each scenario and donot even bother to check the actaul file. Best resort for you is to send a CIC case specific inquiry using their website. You will get a response within 15 days or try to ask through your MP.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My MP asked me to get in touch if I do not receive any update by July 17. However how do you make case specific enquiry on CIC website?

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
andrew7007 said:
My MP asked me to get in touch if I do not receive any update by July 17. However how do you make case specific enquiry on CIC website?
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the link but my 6 months aren't up for me to use it I guess. Will try the MP on 17 July.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Anyone have an update on? For me i'm still waiting to hear back from the CIC, they received my additional requested documents April 29, 2016 waitinggggg

FutureCanadian

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaroddz said:
Anyone have an update on? For me i'm still waiting to hear back from the CIC, they received my additional requested documents April 29, 2016 waitinggggg
I guess everyone is on summer vacations.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jarrod I responded with my CIT 0520 on April 17. They received my docs on April 17. Called up CIC for an update. They say if I don't receive any reply from them within 6 months, then I can contact them. Have asked my MP to intervene and his staff was told to inquire again after 3 months. Since 3 months were up on July 17, have asked my MP again to inquire about progress and it usually takes 10 - 15 days for them to respond. Should receive an update by Aug 7. Will keep you guys posted. So how many unfortunate of us are in this thread besides you and future Canadian?

FutureCanadian

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrew7007 said:
Jarrod I responded with my CIT 0520 on April 17. They received my docs on April 17. Called up CIC for an update. They say if I don't receive any reply from them within 6 months, then I can contact them. Have asked my MP to intervene and his staff was told to inquire again after 3 months. Since 3 months were up on July 17, have asked my MP again to inquire about progress and it usually takes 10 - 15 days for them to respond. Should receive an update by Aug 7. Will keep you guys posted. So how many unfortunate of us are in this thread besides you and future Canadian?
Did you get the ATIP GCMS notes ??