+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIPS Certification for SINP

sathya2307

Apr 18, 2018
Hello friends,
I am very new, Please help me with details to obtain the licence for proceeding to SINP. My NOC: 2173. I have done the CIPS exam and got the certificate. My profile is in Express entry pool, I have that WES report. What should i do to go with 'Education plus experience route'. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 17, 2018
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I have opted for upgrading the ECA report.
Done with cips etichs exam
Trying to fill the education plus experience route form.
Regarding experience what i understood is we have to provide experience certificate for last two years.
Regarding the table there are two columns E and F that mapping of BOK.
Please guide with one example what i have to fill there.
I have explained in detail in the above post.
Thanks for your support.
Regards,
Krishna
Regarding work experience, I worked only 20 out 24 months in the last two years. Will this be a problem? Before that also I worked in the same NOC 2173.

bala123456789

May 2, 2018
Dear Members,
This is a very good thread on the licensing information.
I need your help in mapping my roles and responsibilities against my NOC 2173 Software engineers and designers.
The section B employment detail has 6 columns in a table.
A. Period in Position - Straight forward - from and to period of employment for last 2 years
B. Position Title - Designation in the company
C Organization - Company name
D. Responsibility - Basically i have to list all my roles and responsibilities here (my understanding )
E.. Indicate percentage of work at professional level (see notes above) - ????? is it we need to mention percentage like 80% ,100% like that
F. BOK Code(s) (see below) - What need to be entered in this column ???
One of my responsibility is
o Understanding and creation of business requirements for Analytics solutions assigned to the team in partnership with business users, Business Analyst and Project Lead/Managers.
what can i enter in this column please help
Regards,
Krishna
I am also sailing in same boat and also know how much and when i have to pay fee for I.S.P certification and what is membership from CIPS is that also important to get license. Regarding experience I have 19 months experience out of 24 but before of that i have 7 years experience in same NOC 2173

soniya26

Jul 13, 2017
Quick question L&G,

I am being required to produce a CIPS license as part of my Saskatchewan job-in-demand application.

I have 10+ years IT experience, do you think it is safe to apply for AITP certification since it requires less documentation (just two sponsors) rather than ITCP?

Anyone will an estimated timeframe on how long it takes to get these licenses?

Regards,
M
Quick question L&G,

I am being required to produce a CIPS license as part of my Saskatchewan job-in-demand application.

I have 10+ years IT experience, do you think it is safe to apply for AITP certification since it requires less documentation (just two sponsors) rather than ITCP?

Anyone will an estimated timeframe on how long it takes to get these licenses?

Regards,

Did you get any answers? I have the same question.

Nov 17, 2011
Hello friends,
I am very new, Please help me with details to obtain the licence for proceeding to SINP. My NOC: 2173. I have done the CIPS exam and got the certificate. My profile is in Express entry pool, I have that WES report. What should i do to go with 'Education plus experience route'. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
My NOC is 2173, I sent email to CIPS and they asked me to go through Education plus experience route, I think you also need to choose the same.

Gauravkumarasr

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hi guyz, Anyone who has authorized wes to share report with CIPS please guide me , i am looking forward to upgrade my wes report to course by course for cips licence . Kindly let me know if i upgrade the report do i need to resend the official transcripts again ?

How much they charge for upgrade.?

Gauravkumarasr

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
WES performs document by document evaluation by default until you guide them alternatively. therefore, you need to update your current evaluation to the course by course evaluation now. it costs additional hundred backs approximately and takes from 5 to 10 working days.
personally, i am in the process of my evaluation to be finished this friday.

by the way, to be exactly sure, just ask CIPS directly, that would be the best way.
Kindly guide if wes require us to send transcripts again if i already have my wes report evaluated as document by document amd now i want to update it to course by course?

Teji93

Dec 20, 2017
Same as me, mine was also deducted on that day, but seems there will be another fee, membership’s(350), maybe when certificate is approved.
Received certificate yesterday.
ISP Certificate Applied on 27 oct 2017
ISP Certificate Received on 10 May 2018.

Reactions: Valli

dvksathish

Mar 30, 2018
Could you please help me with the process I am at the last stage done WES course by course. Completed ethics exam and became member in cips and looking for education plus route moreover I am confused with the last stage especially 1000 hours work experience and how to sent all documents could you please help
Expecting positive reply from your end

May 16, 2018
Hello

Can Anyone help me with a sample filled up form of ISP Established IT professional Route? I need to apply on that route but bit confused about how to fill this up.

It would be really great you provide me your sample form.

Thanks
Piyal

bala123456789

May 2, 2018
This thread has been created to centralized and share the discussion and thoughts around required licencing/certification from CIPS (Canada's association of IT Professionals) for certain IT NOC for SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program).

Licencing has been introduced and made mandatory by SINP starting August 2017.

Provide documentation from the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals (CIPS) showing your:
For more information, visit the provincial regulator the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals (CIPS).

For most IT professionals, ISP is the right certification.

ISP
Apply for the I.S.P. under the Education Plus Experience Route (http://www.cips.ca/EdplusEx). Under this route you are required to have your official transcripts sent to us directly from your educational institutions, along with a Canadian course-by-course equivalency assessment (assessment centers listed in application). If your course-by-course equivalency assessment indicates that they received your official transcripts directly from your school(s) then you can have the assessment center mail us an official copy of your assessment instead of having your school mail us your official transcripts.

Alternatively you can apply for the I.S.P. under the "Established IT Professionals Route" (http://www.cips.ca/EstablishedITProfessionals), which is purely experience based, and would not require you to send your transcripts. Under this route you would document your knowledge and experience that you've gained over the years in the listed knowledge areas.

You are not required to have experience in all knowledge areas, however your total points gained from the knowledge areas must be greater than 21 points. While you will be providing your personal opinion about the points you believe to have in each knowledge area, the CIPS Experience Review Committee will ultimately determine how many points you are assessed at.