+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIPS Certification for SINP

rose.emmy

Feb 23, 2018
Hi,
I have few doubts in the process of CIPS ISP certification.
I have upgraded my ECA to course-by-course (computer science and engineering).
As per mail from CIPS, I should go for Education+Experience path.
I cleared COE exam and I just need to apply for certification and wait for 5-6 months. What happens after we apply?
I heard that, we might be asked to get our work also evaluated/assessed by WES or any authority, and also sometimes CIPS asks us to go through a 6 month training to be eligible for certification. Is this true?

Anjana1143

Mar 4, 2018
Hi,

I am new to this and would like to know more about the CIPS Certification for ISP.
1.Is graduation in Computer Science necessary?
2.I have graduation in Electronics and Communications.Can I write CIPS certification?

Kindly clear the above doubts.
Thanks in advance..

Anjana1143

Mar 4, 2018
Hello Guys,

Happy to help. Please ask your queries and we will definitely try to answer them. Actually we are also new to this process. However whatever experience we are having, based on that we will definitely help you guys.

Thanks.
Hi Utsavpathak
I am new to this and would like to know more about the CIPS Certification for ISP.
2.I have graduation in Electronics and Communications.Can I write CIPS certification?

Thanks in advance..

rose.emmy

Feb 23, 2018
Hi,

Thanks in advance..
May be you will know if you write an email to info@cips.ca
Give a try.

balanbit

Jan 30, 2018
Hi all
Thanks all for your kind support.
I want to know one thing. I hv done BIT and MCA. Do i need to go for wes for both or MCA would be suffice?

Thanks in advance
My suggestion go for both. You need sealed transcripts for UG and PG, so better go for both

Utsavpathak

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Hi Utsavpathak

Thanks in advance..
Better write to CIPS first by sending email to info@cips.ca. They are the best persons to decide whether you should go for certification from CIPS or not.

Also this certfication is based on our experience and NOC we are falling into. Does your NOC requires CIPS certificate or APEGS?

b_mathew

Mar 8, 2018
Hi,
I have few doubts in the process of CIPS ISP certification.
I have upgraded my ECA to course-by-course (computer science and engineering).
As per mail from CIPS, I should go for Education+Experience path.
I cleared COE exam and I just need to apply for certification and wait for 5-6 months. What happens after we apply?
I heard that, we might be asked to get our work also evaluated/assessed by WES or any authority, and also sometimes CIPS asks us to go through a 6 month training to be eligible for certification. Is this true?
Hi Rose, Could you please let me know how did you upgrade your ECA to Course by Course? Did you have to send your transcripts gain from your university? Or did they use teh transcripts that you have already shared?

mry_abd

Mar 8, 2018
I am writing to asks a number of questions to fill Membership Application I.S.P Form

I am a software developer with over 10 years job experience and hold a master degree on software engineer. And I have planned to apply for immigration to Saskatchewan Province through Skilled worker program.

Regarding my education and career background, I guess I need to apply for I.S.P. certification. Am I right??

If so, since there is no any filled sample form or guide on how to fill the form on the web and I found the explanation on CIPs website insufficient, I really appreciate if you kindly give me some advice to fill the relative form on following questions.

1- As I have completed my education at an educational outside North America, do I need to both fill tables in Section A( Education summery) and asking WES to submit a statement of equivalency (course-by-course evaluation type)?

2- As for the Section B Employment Detail table, I have worked as a full time software developer for a Company and have been engaged in almost all phases of software development life-cycle in different projects with different responsibilities (fully are described in my letter of reference by my employer).

However, firstly I have been often busy with different projects in different responsibility , thus I can hardly give a specific start and beginning date for my responsibilities on the project (column A) . In other word, can I put start and current date of my corporation with my company in column A for all rows?

Secondly, I have always hold software developer position for the same organization throughout 13 years of my career (column B and C). In other word, can I put software developer position in column B for all rows?

Thirdly, as for column D, is it acceptable to note each of my responsibilities in different projects as a software developer in one row, and indicate the relative BOK codes in front of each in the column F?

Fourthly, as for column E, since I am a full time employee, should I put 100% in column E?

3- How should I pay the fees? (as for WES, I paid the fee electronically , then I received a Reference number that should be written on the sealed and stamped pockets from my university and then mailed the pockets to WES, How is the process here?)

4- Do I need to mail hard copy of all documents( application form, result of code of ethics exam and the employer reference letters) to their address or I can simply email them to info@cips.ca ??

Please, Please KINDLY help me out

THANKS ALOT

stranger1987

Mar 15, 2018
Hello Friends,
How to know the status of the application applied under "Established IT Professionals Route" ?
I mailed to CIPS few days back for the designation certification with all proof/documents. I didn't get any response from them yet?

Last edited:

stranger1987

Mar 15, 2018
Hello Friends,
How to know the status of the application applied under "Established IT Professionals Route" ?
I mailed to CIPS few days back for the designation certification with all proof/documents. I didn't get any response from them yet?
- I got reply from CIPS yesterday stating that they will get back to me if they need any additional info or details. Minimum time needed for application processing is approximately 6 Months.

Sumit_Chadha

Feb 25, 2018
Hello All,

I am trying to upgrade WES evaluation report from document by document (ECA) to course by course. What reason should I select? Professional License/Certification or Immigration?

Also can somebody help me with reference BOK and experience documents.

Please help.

Thanks
Sumit