+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIPS Certification for SINP

Teji93

Dec 20, 2017
Can you tell me when you upgrade the ECA what are option you selected. What ever i select, it says i need to start a new application. Im just worried, that they might ask the documents to be sent from university again. That is very tedious and expensive process.

Please let me know.
Are you talking about WES. Yes first its says "please send the documents from university" when you create new application. But you don't need to send the documents again if you already have WES ECA done in past.

While creating a new WES application it
Can you tell me when you upgrade the ECA what are option you selected. What ever i select, it says i need to start a new application. Im just worried, that they might ask the documents to be sent from university again. That is very tedious and expensive process.

Please let me know.
Are you talking about WES. Yes first its says "please send the documents from university" when you create new application. But you don't need to send the documents again if you already have WES ECA done in past.
After some time it will automatically changed to document received and they will process your application

everydaydealer

Oct 31, 2017

While creating a new WES application it

After some time it will automatically changed to document received and they will process your application
Yes. Talking about WES. So i have to create application and automatically it will change to documents received. Thanks. Thats a relief.

Bawag

Feb 11, 2018
This thread has been created to centralized and share the discussion and thoughts around required licencing/certification from CIPS (Canada's association of IT Professionals) for certain IT NOC for SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program).

Licencing has been introduced and made mandatory by SINP starting August 2017.

Provide documentation from the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals (CIPS) showing your:
For more information, visit the provincial regulator the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals (CIPS).

For most IT professionals, ISP is the right certification.

ISP
Apply for the I.S.P. under the Education Plus Experience Route (http://www.cips.ca/EdplusEx). Under this route you are required to have your official transcripts sent to us directly from your educational institutions, along with a Canadian course-by-course equivalency assessment (assessment centers listed in application). If your course-by-course equivalency assessment indicates that they received your official transcripts directly from your school(s) then you can have the assessment center mail us an official copy of your assessment instead of having your school mail us your official transcripts.

Alternatively you can apply for the I.S.P. under the "Established IT Professionals Route" (http://www.cips.ca/EstablishedITProfessionals), which is purely experience based, and would not require you to send your transcripts. Under this route you would document your knowledge and experience that you've gained over the years in the listed knowledge areas.

You are not required to have experience in all knowledge areas, however your total points gained from the knowledge areas must be greater than 21 points. While you will be providing your personal opinion about the points you believe to have in each knowledge area, the CIPS Experience Review Committee will ultimately determine how many points you are assessed at.
Hi Kotvir and other fellows,
I need to know whether AITP is considered as "certificate of qualification for the Federal Skilled Trades Program" ? Should I calculate my points by using CRS tool under the assumption that AITP, ISP, ITCP are considered as federal skilled trade programs? I would really appreciate if someone can give a quick reply?
Regards,
Bawag

kotvir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Australia)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
Doc's Request.
22-07-2019
Nomination.....
28-11-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2018
File Transfer...
12-03-2019
Med's Request
12-07-2019
Med's Done....
20-08-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2019
Hi Kotvir and other fellows,
I need to know whether AITP is considered as "certificate of qualification for the Federal Skilled Trades Program" ? Should I calculate my points by using CRS tool under the assumption that AITP, ISP, ITCP are considered as federal skilled trade programs? I would really appreciate if someone can give a quick reply?
Regards,
Bawag
Bawag,
AITP cannot be considered for "certificate of qualification for the Federal Skilled Trades Program"
Both are two different thing, any certification from CIPS is limited to sask PNP only at the point of time.

messeiry

Feb 11, 2018
I Have a Master Degree in Computer Science, I Sent them an email, they responded the next day with the below, which is all good, however, the processing time is so long, anyone did that before may tell us the actual time it took ??

If you have a minimum of 8 computer science courses in your degree(s) you can apply for the I.S.P. under the Education Plus Experience route http://www.cips.ca/EdplusEx Under this route you would need to have a course-by-course Canadian equivalency of your IT related degree(s) sent to us directly by the organization doing the assessment. Please make sure this is a course-by-course assessment and not an assessment of the degree you hold. If your assessment just indicates the degree you hold, you will need to ask for an upgrade to a course-by-course assessment. A course-by-course assessment will list each course you took each year to earn your degree(s).

Alternatively, you could apply for the I.S.P. under the Established IT Professional route. Here is a link to the application form http://www.cips.ca/EstablishedITProfessionals

This application route is purely experience based and would not require you to send your transcripts or an equivalency assessment. Under this route you would document your knowledge and experience that you’ve gained over the years in the listed knowledge areas. You are not required to have experience in all knowledge areas, however your total points gained from the knowledge areas must be greater than 21 points. While you will be providing your own personal opinion about the points you believe to have in each knowledge area, the CIPS Experience Review Committee will ultimately determine how many points you are assessed at.

You will also need to complete the CIPS Code of Ethics exam.

You can email your completed application form, CIPS Code of Ethics certificate and reference letters. There is a onetime application fee of $250 plus your annual membership dues of $350 Canadian if you are applying to CIPS Saskatchewan. Membership dues vary across our Provincial Societies. Our current application processing time is 5-6 months.

messeiry

Feb 11, 2018
Course by course ECA is needed if you need any license, for example, I have applied for CIPS membership. For normal EE, basic ECA is enough and course by course ECA is not even needed for EE.

hey bro,
did you receive the license yet, i sent them an email they replied the process takes 5-6 months? what about you and if you know someone who got it earlier?

bhavya1978

Feb 6, 2018
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have few queries regarding CIPS:

1) I have already completed WES for assessment of the degree and received successful response in July, 2017. My question: while requesting course-by-course for CIPS do I need to again send my transcripts?

2) Along with course-by-course evaluation, do I need to send one copy of transcripts to CIPS?

3) Can anyone provide CIPS-ISP "Education_Plus_Experience_Route_ISP" filled example, so that I can easily and quickly fill my form.

Thanks in Advance!
Bhavya

kotvir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Australia)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
Doc's Request.
22-07-2019
Nomination.....
28-11-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2018
File Transfer...
12-03-2019
Med's Request
12-07-2019
Med's Done....
20-08-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2019
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have few queries regarding CIPS:

1) I have already completed WES for assessment of the degree and received successful response in July, 2017. My question: while requesting course-by-course for CIPS do I need to again send my transcripts?

2) Along with course-by-course evaluation, do I need to send one copy of transcripts to CIPS?

3) Can anyone provide CIPS-ISP "Education_Plus_Experience_Route_ISP" filled example, so that I can easily and quickly fill my form.

Thanks in Advance!
Bhavya
Bhavya, Please find below answers

1. No
2. No - WES has option to upgrade your ECA to Course by course eval already - Nothing to send.
3. There is not SAMPLE available, just fill out the word doc according to your understanding of BOK (Study BOK first)

nsbhullar

Nov 26, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Hi @kotvir ,
I have done B.Tech in Compuer Science and Engineering (Four Year). After that I have 10 Year of Work Experience. And my NOC in 2173.

My query is, As per SINP Occupation in Demand, I need to submit CIPS certificate. So I opted for Education plus Experience route for the certificate.
Do I need any other certification like APEGS or CIPS is enough ??

Thanks in Advance

aseemsetia29

Feb 20, 2018
Hi Friends,

I want to apply for SINP under 2173 category. It has mentioned on their website to have the membership of any one of these bodies.

I have done Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science from India and Master of IT from Australia. I have already sent my both degrees for assessment to WES for immigration purpose and waiting for results.

1. Do I need to reapply for course-by-course evaluation?

2. Any idea how to apply for this membership because I have already gone through their websites, but looks a bit confusing. Some people advise me to appear for A.I.T.P. whereas another group of people says to appear in C.I.P. exam. I have checked on the website where my both degrees are outside of Canada and I have 3 years and 4.5 months of IT experience in India.

Please guide me on my queries.

Many Thanks

kotvir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Australia)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
Doc's Request.
22-07-2019
Nomination.....
28-11-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2018
File Transfer...
12-03-2019
Med's Request
12-07-2019
Med's Done....
20-08-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2019
Hi @kotvir ,
I have done B.Tech in Compuer Science and Engineering (Four Year). After that I have 10 Year of Work Experience. And my NOC in 2173.

My query is, As per SINP Occupation in Demand, I need to submit CIPS certificate. So I opted for Education plus Experience route for the certificate.
Do I need any other certification like APEGS or CIPS is enough ??

Thanks in Advance
No, you don't have to submit any other certificate apart from CIPS

nsbhullar

Nov 26, 2014
INDIA
Category........
No, you don't have to submit any other certificate apart from CIPS
Thanks, that is great relief, one of our what's app group member was asked to submit APEGS certificate after he submitted CIPS. and sinp also didn't reply to his query why they asked for apegs.
So I was worried.

Amnakhazeen

Jan 31, 2018
hello guys, I need some info about isp certificate, I applied for ISP on 8 Jan and still waiting for fees deduction.

anybody there who go through this procedure after how much time they ask for the fee and issue the license.

tejaery

Feb 23, 2018
India
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I received my IELTS results today:
L7.5
S7
W6.5
R6.5
Overall 7

I want to apply in NOC Code: 2175 ( Web designers and developer ). As per their website, documentation from CIPS needs to be provided by me. There are three agencies from which we can take this documentation and these are AITP, ISP, and ITCP.

I want to apply for immigration under the above mentioned NOC for Saskatchewan. I have done Masters of Computer Application (MCA) from Punjab, India. I am having 10 years of experience in web development. I have following queries and I would be grateful to you if you provide necessary information for these queries:

1. How to apply for this membership
2. How much time it will take to get necessary documentation so that I can apply in this NOC code.
3. Which route I have to follow? Education plus Experience or Experience only?

Basically, I want to know, from where I should start. I am going to for WES.

Please guide me in this context, as I want to immigrate to Saskatchewan because my friends live there.

I hope to get an expert reply from you. :)