+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIPS Certification for SINP

Amnakhazeen

Jan 31, 2018
when CIPS body gets ISP application fees after receiving the application. how much time will it take for the total procedure?

Jan 14, 2018
No , The genuine reply is , this is best infor , WES has to send course by course to CIPS . this is only way . CIPS not accepting the original transcripts you are sending , they are leaving to WES who have to do Course by Course and send it back to them . if one opted for Document by document they need to upgrae to course by course .

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
Hi,

I studied 4 years Bachelor of Technology in Electronics & Communication Engineering. My B Tech Degree includes different IT subjects including data structure, operating systems, database, C programming etc during 4 years course. I have around 10 years IT experience.

Should I be eligible under education plus experience route?

Also in my Express Entry profile I selected the target job NOC code 2174 - programmer. But that is not available under SINP in demand occupation. So I have selected the job NOC code 2173 - software engineers which also matches with my job experience. Is it OK or will it be taken as wrong information and application will be rejected? Please share your opinion who has experience.
were are you able to find answer , I am in same situation . please share which route you choose.

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
hi prshanthk,

sure. WES can automatically send out the upgraded CxC report to the CIPS. there is such an option in your WES-profile. just specify "CIPS" in recipients field and WES already knows their address. in my case, they've already sent my report out. I'm awaiting for confirmation from CIPS.
when you choose to upgrade the report , WES asks few questions such as purpose etc.

I am selecting Professional License/ Certificate --> type as Engineering and location as Saskatchewan and WES is suggesting to file a new application , is that what you did as well ?

at the end it gives message as "Based on your previous selections, we have determined that you will need to submit a new application to upgrade your report."

also if I am selecting to upgrade my report, WES is asking for degree and transcript again .

I have already done the standard evaluation {Document by Document } by WES.

Last edited:

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Hello, I'm a Software Tester but would like to get a license, do you think they would allow me? How much is the fee for getting CIPS and which among the three is best, AITP or ISP or ITCP?

bhavya1978

Feb 6, 2018
Hi,

I would like to apply for Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), completed Master of Computer Application and B.Sc. (3 + 3 years) from India. I have already done Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from World Education Services (WES), received CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Master's degree. Furthermore, I have around 15+ years software development and testing experience (NOC: 2173). Already completed "Ethics in Computing and IT".

Thank you so much for providing answers and guiding.

I have few queries:
1. Which CIPS certificate - ISP or ITCP would be appropriate for SINP and suitable for my profile?
2. Do I need to apply for "Post-Secondary plus Experience Route"?
3. I could find the Membership Application Form, however unable to locate any link to apply online or upload forms and other documents. Do I need to send application form filled along with relevant document soft copy to "info@cips.ca"? Is there any link available from where I can apply?
4. Do I need to give any additional exam?

Thanks & Regards

Teji93

Dec 20, 2017
Hi,

I would like to apply for Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), completed Master of Computer Application and B.Sc. (3 + 3 years) from India. I have already done Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from World Education Services (WES), received CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Master's degree. Furthermore, I have around 15+ years software development and testing experience (NOC: 2173). Already completed "Ethics in Computing and IT".

Thank you so much for providing answers and guiding.

I have few queries:
1. Which CIPS certificate - ISP or ITCP would be appropriate for SINP and suitable for my profile?
You can apply Education plus experience route. http://www.cips.ca/EdplusEx

2. Do I need to apply for "Post-Secondary plus Experience Route"?
If you want you can check with CIPS via email to them.

3. I could find the Membership Application Form, however unable to locate any link to apply online or upload forms and other documents. Do I need to send application form filled along with relevant document soft copy to "info@cips.ca"? Is there any link available from where I can apply?

There is no online link you have to send application form and other required form to them via email.

4. Do I need to give any additional exam?

Thanks & Regards

chintanpadh

Sep 1, 2017
Hello Krishna,

I am also applying for the NOC 2173,
If you successfully fill application form can you please send me on chintan.padh@gmail.com

Dear Members,
This is a very good thread on the licensing information.
I need your help in mapping my roles and responsibilities against my NOC 2173 Software engineers and designers.
The section B employment detail has 6 columns in a table.
A. Period in Position - Straight forward - from and to period of employment for last 2 years
B. Position Title - Designation in the company
C Organization - Company name
D. Responsibility - Basically i have to list all my roles and responsibilities here (my understanding )
E.. Indicate percentage of work at professional level (see notes above) - ????? is it we need to mention percentage like 80% ,100% like that
F. BOK Code(s) (see below) - What need to be entered in this column ???
One of my responsibility is
o Understanding and creation of business requirements for Analytics solutions assigned to the team in partnership with business users, Business Analyst and Project Lead/Managers.
what can i enter in this column please help
Regards,
Krishna

everydaydealer

Oct 31, 2017
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I have opted for upgrading the ECA report.
Done with cips etichs exam
Trying to fill the education plus experience route form.
Regarding experience what i understood is we have to provide experience certificate for last two years.
Regarding the table there are two columns E and F that mapping of BOK.
Please guide with one example what i have to fill there.
I have explained in detail in the above post.
Thanks for your support.
Regards,
Krishna
Can you tell me when you upgrade the ECA what are option you selected. What ever i select, it says i need to start a new application. Im just worried, that they might ask the documents to be sent from university again. That is very tedious and expensive process.

Please let me know.