+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIPS Certification for SINP

8chandra

Mar 28, 2021
I have a BSc in Physical Science in 2009 Delhi India. Since I was more interested in programming, I obtained another BSc in Software Engineering in a private campus. However, it was not that much accredited ( I just wanted to learn and get a job only at that time). While working, I obtained Master of Science Information Technology. I am working as a software engineer. My questions:
  • How to differentiate a Software Engineer and a Designer as per SINP guidelines (Both fall into 2173)?
  • Which certification I should get (all my jobs and duties align with 2173 software engineering, but MS is in IT, SINP mentions both : APEGS or CIPS )
  • If I go with APEGS, will my MS in IT will be enough ? I have 3 years of work experience after MS.
  • Can I apply SINP if APEGS does not offer professional certificate ? What if I get engineer-in-training ? What I should get from APEGS to apply for SINP as the minimum?
  • If APEGS is not the one, then my qualifications are enough to get CIPS license ?
Could someone please help me with any information ?

Last edited:

ECA_21

Mar 23, 2019
Hello everyone,

Do I have became CIPS member for Saskatchewan, and applied for certification. will my certification be valid in other provinces ? and second question : is it really required to be the CIPS member to apply for CIPS license ?

Note: Before doing all that, i dropped an email to CIPS admin and according to their reply its required to be the member of CIPS and apply for license.
only then i can pay application fee for CIPS license.

what is true i still have doubt..... can anyone confirm.

Pran Sukh
Senior Software Engineer (Accenture India)
Pran.sukh@accenture.com

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hello everyone,

Do I have became CIPS member for Saskatchewan, and applied for certification. will my certification be valid in other provinces ? and second question : is it really required to be the CIPS member to apply for CIPS license ?

Note: Before doing all that, i dropped an email to CIPS admin and according to their reply its required to be the member of CIPS and apply for license.
only then i can pay application fee for CIPS license.

what is true i still have doubt..... can anyone confirm.

Pran Sukh
Senior Software Engineer (Accenture India)
Pran.sukh@accenture.com
Do I have became CIPS member for Saskatchewan - YES. will my certification be valid in other provinces ? - NO, s it really required to be the CIPS member to apply for CIPS license ? - YES

Reactions: ECA_21

ECA_21

Mar 23, 2019
Do I have became CIPS member for Saskatchewan - YES. will my certification be valid in other provinces ? - NO, s it really required to be the CIPS member to apply for CIPS license ? - YES
THanks, Brother...
I have applied for license... and please don't mind my grammatical mistake i was thinking about something else and typed something else..

So this is for everyone:
Step 1: Become the member of CIPS by paying $180 to $225 CND Dollars on CIPS portal.
Step 2: Get all your reference letter(s) from your employer(s).
Step 3: Send a copy of your ECA report directly to CIPS address from your ECA organization like WES or IQAS (log in to your WES or IQAS portal and request a copy of your ECA for CIPS. ( your will get the address in CIPS website or in CIPS license application form)
Step 4: Fill fee for CIPS license for the province you are applying for. Your license can be transferred to any province, all you have to do is drop an email to CIPS
Step 4: Fill the CIPS license application Form and EMAIL application soft copy + your reference letter(s) to certification@cips.ca

Reactions: fayzan.siddiqui

Deepti mehta

Sep 24, 2017
Hi Naturgrl,

Is it mandatory to keep the CIPS certification valid throughout the entire PR process? Will IRCC ask to show the valid CIPS certification during the process? My certification is due for renewal and bit confused whether to renew it or not. Appreciate your reply.
Hello

Can I ask where in your license ,validity is mentioned,In my license ,there is no validity mentioned in my license

Deepti mehta

Sep 24, 2017
@h1b2pr

I have a question since you mentioned that IRCC evaluates all the qualifications which were required to get the PNP nomination, they should evaluate the ielts also right? When we submit the paper application valid ielts is not mandatory if we nominated with NOC A/0. What about the case of valid IELTS in the case of eligibility check which also required for the PNP nomination. Any idea?
hello,can you please tell are you renewing ISP license or cIPs membership?

engr.humayun

Nov 19, 2017
KSA
I've been holding ISP designation from CIPS since more than 2 years now, but I see no benefit of it. Only that I'm paying yearly dues to keep up my membership. Nobody in the workplace asks for it; people (including employers) never even have heard of it. Even people/employers living in SK have no idea what CIPS designations are all about. I've never found it as a requirement for any job application ever! So in my opinion, it is of no use at all.

RajaPal

Apr 6, 2022
Hi,
Kindly answer my query. I have Bachelor of Engineering degree(4 years) in “Electronics & Communication” and have 5.5 years of experience in IT field. My designation is “Technical Lead” and my NOC is 2173. Which certification do I need to choose? CIPS or aepegs?
I have this question coz my educational background is different to my work experience.
Appreciate your answers!!

Deepp52

Apr 9, 2022
Hiii ... I want to know one thing about isp license is it compulsory to fill 100% job status while filling D,E,F. Section . Is there any one who had recently get license please reply me

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi,
Kindly answer my query. I have Bachelor of Engineering degree(4 years) in “Electronics & Communication” and have 5.5 years of experience in IT field. My designation is “Technical Lead” and my NOC is 2173. Which certification do I need to choose? CIPS or aepegs?
I have this question coz my educational background is different to my work experience.
Appreciate your answers!!
As per your education you would need to get AEPGS certified. CIPS is not applicable if you are not educated in computers or IT.

lemongrass1

Jul 6, 2022
THanks, Brother...
I have applied for license... and please don't mind my grammatical mistake i was thinking about something else and typed something else..

So this is for everyone:
Step 1: Become the member of CIPS by paying $180 to $225 CND Dollars on CIPS portal.
Step 3: Send a copy of your ECA report directly to CIPS address from your ECA organization like WES or IQAS (log in to your WES or IQAS portal and request a copy of your ECA for CIPS. ( your will get the address in CIPS website or in CIPS license application form)
Step 4: Fill fee for CIPS license for the province you are applying for. Your license can be transferred to any province, all you have to do is drop an email to CIPS
Step 4: Fill the CIPS license application Form and EMAIL application soft copy + your reference letter(s) to certification@cips.ca
More queries in the steps mentioned.

1) what about the 1000 thousand hours of experience. How to showcase this ?
2) will the employer letter from my company outline my roles and responsibilities (along with how many years i am with company and designation) ?
2.1) on the cips site it mentions about BOK and SFIA, What is this and how to showcase this ?
3) what is difference between ISP with Education and ISP having just IT experience ? Are some extra benefits in the former one ?

Thanks

Sohail92

Feb 19, 2022
I have opted for ECA through IQAS instead of WES, do cips accept ECA from IQAS? Is there any upgrade option via IQAS?
Hi. Did you got specialized IQAS assessment. Actually I did my ECA with IQAS in April 2022 and now apply for specialized assessment, do I have to send the documents via courier again . Pls explain the process.

pooja187

May 24, 2023
Dear Members,
This is a very good thread on the licensing information.
I need your help in mapping my roles and responsibilities against my NOC 2173 Software engineers and designers.
The section B employment detail has 6 columns in a table.
A. Period in Position - Straight forward - from and to period of employment for last 2 years
B. Position Title - Designation in the company
C Organization - Company name
D. Responsibility - Basically i have to list all my roles and responsibilities here (my understanding )
E.. Indicate percentage of work at professional level (see notes above) - ????? is it we need to mention percentage like 80% ,100% like that
F. BOK Code(s) (see below) - What need to be entered in this column ???
One of my responsibility is
o Understanding and creation of business requirements for Analytics solutions assigned to the team in partnership with business users, Business Analyst and Project Lead/Managers.
what can i enter in this column please help
Regards,
Krishna

Jun 18, 2023
THanks, Brother...

So this is for everyone:

Thanks for sharing this information. Hope you already get the license and PR.

For the reference letters, is it mandatory to relate work activities/responsibilities to SFIA levels and their Autonomy, Influence, Complexity, and Business skills definitions? as mentioned in the CIPS certification application form?

Did you include SFIA levels in you reference letters from employers?