+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIPS Certification for SINP

awley

Mar 13, 2019

StatusNot Yet Submitted

Submit Documents

Once you have submitted the requested information, you can view the record in Part 2 of your application

Type of Review Request is Related to

Criteria Assessment

Date Requested

21-Aug-2020

Date Response is Due By

31-Aug-2020

Requested Information is related toReason for

The SINP assessment of your work experience in the past 10 years and verification has determined that the majority of your duties fall under NOC 2174 – Computer programmers and interactive media developers, that is also consistent with your bachelor's degree program and the occupation you have claimed previously in your EOI profile, NOC 2174. This NOC currently requires licensure in Saskatchewan.

Provide documentation from the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals (CIPS) showing your:

• Candidate Membership as an Associate Information Technology Professional (AITP); or

• Certified Membership as an Information Systems Professional (I.S.P); or

• Certified Membership as an Information Technology Certified Professional of Canada (ITCP)

For more information, visit the provincial regulator the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals Saskatchewan

I just got the above ADR, I'd like any advice possible. What's the fastest route.

Madhavimuppa

Dec 16, 2018
we have submitted all my documents for cips education plus experience certification. How much time will it take for processing and to get license to submit. My application is on hold.

inderpsi

Apr 25, 2014
we have submitted all my documents for cips education plus experience certification. How much time will it take for processing and to get license to submit. My application is on hold.
Hi Madhavi,

Please check you inbox , you might have received a tracking number for your CIPS application. They mention the processing time for your application.Generally, they say 5-6 months for processing the CIPS application . However , I have seen in some cases where some people have got the certificate much before that , ie 3-4 months.

You need to pay the fees for Application along with the CIPS membership fees.

Link to review the status of your application number.
http://www.cips.ca/CertificationStatus

Regards
Inderpsi

rasvindersoodan

Aug 2, 2019
Hi Madhavi,

Please check you inbox , you might have received a tracking number for your CIPS application. They mention the processing time for your application.Generally, they say 5-6 months for processing the CIPS application . However , I have seen in some cases where some people have got the certificate much before that , ie 3-4 months.

You need to pay the fees for Application along with the CIPS membership fees.

Link to review the status of your application number.
http://www.cips.ca/CertificationStatus

Regards
Inderpsi
I have received my CIPS tracking number as 6174. Yesterday the list got updated and I stand at position 21 in the queue. May I know how long will my application take now? I submitted on 3rd July. Also, does moving up the queue mean my application is nearing completion or are there chances of any additional request being received?

inderpsi

Apr 25, 2014
I have received my CIPS tracking number as 6174. Yesterday the list got updated and I stand at position 21 in the queue. May I know how long will my application take now? I submitted on 3rd July. Also, does moving up the queue mean my application is nearing completion or are there chances of any additional request being received?
Hi Ravinder,

Please , check your inbox you might have received a Certificate or you might get in the next update. I already received my certificate , and my CIPS application number was very close to your tracking number.

Regards
Inderpsi

rasvindersoodan

Aug 2, 2019
Hi Ravinder,

Please , check your inbox you might have received a Certificate or you might get in the next update. I already received my certificate , and my CIPS application number was very close to your tracking number.

Regards
Inderpsi
Thats great..! Thank you so much for the reply. I check my email every now and then, no mail received yet. Hopefully, I should get my certificate soon then..! Thanks..!

sangeetaKalra

Aug 4, 2020
Hi everyone,
For NOC 2173 (software engineer and designer) with 20+ experience, i have not much clarity on which license to apply for.

So, SINP pnp, can we take AITP license from cips? And is it faster

Please can anyone help with this query.
Thanks

kirthi.karan

Oct 2, 2020
Hi,

Can you please share sample application and references? I am also applying for education + experience. It would be a great help.

Thanks

autechre

Mar 17, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello, if I want to apply to both to SINP and ONP with NOC 2173 which province do I need to get CIPS for? When paying for CIPS they ask to select a province of any choice. thnx.
SINP in one of last draw mentioned "68 points required with 10 years experience", it is in the past 10 years experience ? what if I had 6 month gap in work , I can't claim 10 years then?

rkaur2013

Jul 20, 2017
Hey, I have similar question. My SINP application is in process stage and CIPS membership is expiring in 2 days, do I need to renew it as I have not got nomination yet? NOC 2174 CIPS ISP

ksi2020

Nov 27, 2020
Hi,
- I have a masters and bachelor degree in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Have work experience as Software Engineer and my duties and responsibilities match with both NOC 2173 and 2174

My questions are:
- As my degrees in 'Computer science and engineering' can I select Noc 2174? And go for a CIPS licensure?
- Or, I must choose NOC 2173 as I have a 'Computer science and engineering' degree and should go for APEGS licensure?

Thanks.

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hello, if I want to apply to both to SINP and ONP with NOC 2173 which province do I need to get CIPS for? When paying for CIPS they ask to select a province of any choice. thnx.
SINP in one of last draw mentioned "68 points required with 10 years experience", it is in the past 10 years experience ? what if I had 6 month gap in work , I can't claim 10 years then?
For SINP you need CIPS for 2173. If you have gap of 6 months, then that will be counted as gap. So say, you have 5 years experience with 6 months gap, it will net to 4 years 6 months experience.

Reactions: autechre

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hey, I have similar question. My SINP application is in process stage and CIPS membership is expiring in 2 days, do I need to renew it as I have not got nomination yet? NOC 2174 CIPS ISP
Please refer to your CIPS certification email. It says that you need to be in good standing to keep your CIPS licensure active. Which means you will need to renew it.