+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIPS Certification for SINP

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
You have to be a member first
thankyou Jennirex. One more question if you can help please. I have had titles of software engineer, ANalyst Programmer, QA engineer, Test Engineer, etc with all experience on software quality assurance, testing, automation frameworks developments and deployment support. Do I need to take CIPS membership or APEGS? Can you pour your thoughts? I am not a software designer essentially.

Kirti1016

Oct 11, 2019
CIPS - ISP Path
Under NOC 2174 do I need to show the all the BOK codes ? or are there mandatory element for 2174.
If yes, Please mentioned neceesary BOK Codes:
  1. Architecture
  2. Networks
  3. Databases
  4. OO Programming
  5. Project Management
  6. Service Management
  7. Software Engineering
  8. Systems Analysis
  9. Systems Design
  10. The Internet and the WWW
hi , I have the same question. did you find the answer if yes then please share.
and Is there any minimum number of BOK codes that are mandatory for ISP Education plus experience route.

Jennirex

Sep 3, 2019
thankyou Jennirex. One more question if you can help please. I have had titles of software engineer, ANalyst Programmer, QA engineer, Test Engineer, etc with all experience on software quality assurance, testing, automation frameworks developments and deployment support. Do I need to take CIPS membership or APEGS? Can you pour your thoughts? I am not a software designer essentially.
Try to send inquiry to CIPS. There were cases where ADR for licensure is directed to APEGS by SINP.

Last edited:

Thisath

May 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
15-04-2021
Hi Experts .......My queasetion related to CIPS - ISP Path
Under NOC 2174 do I need to show the all the BOK codes ? or are there mandatory element for 2174.
  1. Architecture
  2. Networks
  3. Databases
  4. OO Programming
  5. Project Management
  6. Service Management
  7. Software Engineering
  8. Systems Analysis
  9. Systems Design

ritree

Dec 19, 2019
Hi Experts .......My queasetion related to CIPS - ISP Path
  1. Architecture
  2. Networks
  3. Databases
  4. OO Programming
  5. Project Management
  6. Service Management
  7. Software Engineering
  8. Systems Analysis
  9. Systems Design
I believe you need to fulfill all areas that you worked with or read about. There are no required areas for certain NOC numbers.

ritree

Dec 19, 2019
Could you please help me with the process I am at the last stage done WES course by course. Completed ethics exam and became member in cips and looking for education plus route moreover I am confused with the last stage especially 1000 hours work experience and how to sent all documents could you please help
Expecting positive reply from your end
did you find info about 1000 hours of work experience?

destiny57

Jan 6, 2020
For SINP Licence and specifically for I.S.P. there are multiple routes to obtain it. If you go to their website, they have tool to assess which route you can take. In my case I tiok education plus experience route. However first confirm this from them by sending them email at info@cips.ca. For the rest of the answers for your questions please see below.
1. As per your job duties (current and past), you have to decide in which bok list you are falling. They habe given this list in application form. As per that you need to mention this thing in application form but for education plus experience route and established IT professionals route.

2. WES evaluation should be course by course. Document by document they won't accept. For this if you have already completed WES in past than you just need to upgrade it to course by course. You can easily get this from WES website in your account. There will be some charges. Also make sure to send the copy of your wes report directly from wes to thier address written in application form. For this you have to add manual recipient in wes account.

3. Demonstrate knowledge of code of business ethics, this is online test with few questions that you need to clear. They have provided the link as well and highlighted the same in yellow on their website. This certificate you get in half an hour which you need to attach while application for the I.S.P. They will provide the document as well to pass the test.

4. CIPS membership can be obtain while filling the application form as they usually give that option too. So this will be covered once you fill the application form.

5. You need to provide reference letter(s) from your client or employer who can comment on your competence and confirm your last 24 months work with them.

6. Rest is explanatory about the application fees. They have given the link in which for particular Saskatchewan we have to pay mentioned amount with additional membership fee.

Let me know if you need any other clarification for the same.
Can you please help me in filling the ISP route form?

destiny57

Jan 6, 2020
Yes I have submitted my application to CIPS. And yes they will reply to your queries. It will take some days for them to get back to you but they will give you answers for sure. They are very particular in the same. Make sure to avoid delay, try to send all your queries together in one email.
Can you please help me in filing CIPS form?

awley

Mar 13, 2019
Please does anyone have any idea at how long it takes to get CISP license, I'm just getting to know of it.

RKS31

Oct 18, 2018
Hi,

I would like to apply for Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), completed Master of Computer Application and B.Sc. (3 + 3 years) from India. I have already done Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from World Education Services (WES), received CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Master's degree. Furthermore, I have around 15+ years software development and testing experience (NOC: 2173). Already completed "Ethics in Computing and IT".

Thank you so much for providing answers and guiding.

I have few queries:
1. Which CIPS certificate - ISP or ITCP would be appropriate for SINP and suitable for my profile?
2. Do I need to apply for "Post-Secondary plus Experience Route"?
3. I could find the Membership Application Form, however unable to locate any link to apply online or upload forms and other documents. Do I need to send application form filled along with relevant document soft copy to "info@cips.ca"? Is there any link available from where I can apply?
4. Do I need to give any additional exam?

Thanks & Regards
Have you got response on this?

Jennirex

Sep 3, 2019
Hi guys!

I'm taking Established IT Professionals Route and I still can find information how to demonstrate minimum 1000 hours of work experience.
Does anybody know what is it? A letter with description of my experience for the past year or bank statements with employer's payments?

Please, help me!
Just provide a reference letter with duties and responsibilities. If you have worked for a company for let say 8 hrs per day, 5 days a week for 1 year then than that is already more than 1000 hours.
By the way, How did you fill out your forms? Did you submit already?