+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC should revise this express entry system

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
I didnt say they meant nothing but they shouldnt mean more than someone who has an LMIA. After a certain length of time work experience means very little, someone with ten years and 5 years have the same skill sets... If canada needs those skill sets then employers will go get them an LMIA just like Butterflychemists employers did for them.

If you employer does not go get you an LMIA they believe that they will not be successfull which means they could hire a canadian to do the job which is what the government wants.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
The_Distant_One said:
If canada needs those skill sets then employers will go get them an LMIA just like Butterflychemists employers did for them.
Figures.
I now see why Butterflychemist is so obssessed with criticizing people's posts here and goes on and on about how the new system is working exactly it should, etc.
He got the LMIA, he got the bonus "600" points, he got the ITA.
and he's been acting like he has an objective view on this!
He must be in love with the new system or doesn't care enough about people who got screwed up.
just funny.

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
itainttrue said:
Figures.
I now see why Butterflychemist is so obssessed with criticizing people's posts here and goes on and on about how the new system is working exactly it should, etc.
He must be in love with the new system or doesn't care enough about people who got screwed up.
just funny.
but the new system is working exactly how it is set out to. Just cause you disagree doesnt make the system wrong.

You realize there has been years of work a research into this system they didnt just pull it out of a hat.

Dont forget I am in the same boat as you, if I had arrived 6 months earlier I would be in under FSW. But alas the system changed as I landed... every canadian I talk to is amazed that I am unable to stay but when I explain it in the same detail as both of us have done in this thread they understand that yes ultimately the canadians government job is to protect its citizens.

At the end of the day the question we both have to ask is "if our job was advertised on Monster would there be canadians who would fit the criteria?" if yes then you are taking a canadians job which is what this system is designed to protect.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
itainttrue said:
Figures.
just funny.
Be careful itainttrue, that comes perilously close to making assumptions. Not to mention the fact that you are the one on here responding to every single post. If you want to talk obsession look in the mirror. There is no one here more critical than you. You've been bashing people from day one. You can dish it out but can't take it.

I do have a LMIA and by your words
my employer must have cheated and lied to hire me
my language skills must be poor
my job must be crappy.

For the record, I'm a SHE

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
ButterflyChemist said:
Be careful itainttrue, that comes perilously close to making assumptions. Not to mention the fact that you are the one on here responding to every single post. If you want to talk obsession look in the mirror. There is no one here more critical than you. You've been bashing people from day one. You can dish it out but can't take it.

my job must be crappy.

I dont do the whole crappy +1 thing but unfortunately there also isn't a fist bump icon.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
The_Distant_One said:
but the new system is working exactly how it is set out to. Just cause you disagree doesnt make the system wrong.

You realize there has been years of work a research into this system they didnt just pull it out of a hat.

Dont forget I am in the same boat as you, if I had arrived 6 months earlier I would be in under FSW. But alas the system changed as I landed... every canadian I talk to is amazed that I am unable to stay but when I explain it in the same detail as both of us have done in this thread they understand that yes ultimately the canadians government job is to protect its citizens.

At the end of the day the question we both have to ask is "if our job was advertised on Monster would there be canadians who would fit the criteria?" if yes then you are taking a canadians job which is what this system is designed to protect.
You are avoiding my previous questions.
I don't care if the Canadian government changes immigration policies all the time. They can do whatever they want with their rules.
But why does Canadian government keep "say" one thing and "does" another?
That's why a lot of people are mad at this system in the first place.

if you have all the answers to this, why don't you try replying to Clever.Thinker's comment in this thread?
As far as I know, that's what most Canadians around me are thinking about what has become of Canada.

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
itainttrue said:
You are avoiding my previous questions.
I don't care if the Canadian government changes immigration policies all the time. They can do whatever they want with their rules.
But why does Canadian government keep "say" one thing and "does" another?
That's why a lot of people are mad at this system in the first place.

if you have all the answers to this, why don't you try replying to Clever.Thinker's comment in this thread?
As far as I know, that's what most Canadians around me are thinking about what has become of Canada.
your the one making the accusations about the canadian government. I cant say I've seen anywhere them saying that if you come and study in canada you will get to be a PR. I've seen them say that if you come study it will help you on the pathway to becoming a PR, which is true and I have explained how previously.

What I have seen is dodgey education recruiters saying that getting a degree here will make you a PR, but as stated before all the information is online so if a student didn't do their due diligence that's not really the governments fault.

Of course the canadians your talking to agree with you. Most canadians I know wont tell you publicly that they are happy that immigration laws have been tightened. But you know what, thats what most of them think because everytime I mention I'm getting "deported" they comment about how I'm the type of immigrant that they want to see here... and they only thing they know about me is that I speak english and am white.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
ButterflyChemist said:

my job must be crappy.

bashing people from day 1? You need to learn how to understand the point people are trying to make.
when did I EVER say that ALL LMIA holders are like that?
and I have been constantly pointing out the flaw of this system but you are the one misunderstood the point and took it offensively and got obssessed.

you keep making assumptions. go ahead and do that.
All you are doing is proving your selfishness by ignoring how others who got screwed by this system are feeling JUST because you were lucky enough to take advantage of the system.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
The_Distant_One said:
your the one making the accusations about the canadian government. I cant say I've seen anywhere them saying that if you come and study in canada you will get to be a PR. I've seen them say that if you come study it will help you on the pathway to becoming a PR, which is true and I have explained how previously.

What I have seen is dodgey education recruiters saying that getting a degree here will make you a PR, but as stated before all the information is online so if a student didn't do their due diligence that's not really the governments fault.

Of course the canadians your talking to agree with you. Most canadians I know wont tell you publicly that they are happy that immigration laws have been tightened. But you know what, thats what most of them think because everytime I mention I'm getting "deported" they comment about how I'm the type of immigrant that they want to see here... and they only thing they know about me is that I speak english and am white.
you don't know what the government has been doing, do you?
it has constantly been saying publically, especially in the past, that they WANT and PREFER people that have grown up in this country, had Canadian education, and gained Canadian work experience, because they are most likely to succeed in Canadian society once they become PRs.
you don't seem like you've been here long enough or cared enough to know that.

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
itainttrue said:
bashing people from day 1? You need to learn how to understand the point people are trying to make.
when did I EVER say that ALL LMIA holders are like that?
and I have been constantly pointing out the flaw of this system but you are the one misunderstood the point and took it offensively and got obssessed.

you keep making assumptions. go ahead and do that.
All you are doing is proving your selfishness by ignoring how others who got screwed by this system are feeling JUST because you were lucky enough to take advantage of the system.

the main difference is that you think people got screwed. I dont think anyone has been screwed PGWP have been accomodated for by giving extra points for specific canadian work experience that no one else can easily get unless on a similar programme.

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
itainttrue said:
you don't know what the government has been doing, do you?
it has constantly been saying publically, especially in the past, that they WANT and PREFER people that have grown up in this country, had Canadian education, and gained Canadian work experience, because they are most likely to succeed in Canadian society once they become PRs.
you don't seem like you've been here long enough or cared enough to know that.
and as stated above those who have been educated here have an advatage of those who havent been educated here because they were given work permits that have allowed them to acheive more points than those of us who havent had alot of canadian work experience.

If I had a PGWP and had gotten 2 years work experience from it I would have my ITA by now.

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
Its all business, If a gas station owner will take money from someone and hire him as a cashier and got LMIA, Reason they didnt found a canadian cutizen After 3 months he will be a manager of a gas station...!! No study no skills nothinf..!! he will get directly 600 points..!! He will be absolutely fine even if he doesnt get a single point other than this 600 points..!! And here we study in college/universities compete with everyone and getting job in biggest companies ehich have more than 2000 people working in it, but we didnt get the points like LMIA..!!! so are we skilled or that person who got LMIA in gas station is skilled?? So is canada need someone skilled to work in Gas station or someone who work in reputed company as a computer engineer or pharmaceutical professional??

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
shdhsjej said:
Its all business, If a gas station owner will take money from someone and hire him as a cashier and got LMIA, Reason they didnt found a canadian cutizen After 3 months he will be a manager of a gas station...!! No study no skills nothinf..!! he will get directly 600 points..!! He will be absolutely fine even if he doesnt get a single point other than this 600 points..!! And here we study in college/universities compete with everyone and getting job in biggest companies ehich have more than 2000 people working in it, but we didnt get the points like LMIA..!!! so are we skilled or that person who got LMIA in gas station is skilled?? So is canada need someone skilled to work in Gas station or someone who work in reputed company as a computer engineer or pharmaceutical professional??
Yes, that's what the Harper government is saying.

And more, they also say:
"Businesses, you have to hire Canadian first, even if s/he is less suitable for the job than other candidates"

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
shdhsjej said:
unless you can show proof this is happening then I find it highly unlikely. And if it did like stated above they would have to go through the LMIA process which isnt easy so I find it highly unlikely the petrol stations are applying for LMIA's unless they are in the middle of no where

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
I want to be clear. I am not bashing anyone. I don't think PGWP holders are at any disadvantage and I think they get a lot of benefits. That is my opinion. I understand if others feel differently. That's their right. I also think that CEC is an easier path to PR than FSW. Most persons would agree with me. Just take a look at how many persons are manipulating their EE profiles to qualify for only CEC when they are qualified for both CEC and FSW.

There is nothing in EE that prevents PGWP holders from getting PR. Coming up with extreme and next to impossible cases is meaningless. Low wage, low skilled TFW LMIAs cannot qualify under EE which is applicable to skilled occupations so talking about gas station attendants etc is moot. Additionally such positions are considered entry level for young Canadians just entering the work force and there are rules that specifically require these groups to be targeted before LMIAs are issued for these positions. Yes people can lie but there is now a inspection in place for companies that hire foreign workers etc.

LMIA holders get the bonus points so they can get ITAs quicker so they can get PR quicker and start working in jobs that SC has decided will benefit the Canadian economy. Additionally, an ITA does not equate to PR. You still have to meet the requirements of your program. As a PGWP holder you already get points for your Canadian experience and you also have the possibility to obtain a LMIA. If your company cannot justify the need for you to have one, well that more than likely means there are Canadians out there who are willing and able to do the job and you are denying them same.

Pathways to PR are not guarantees. There is no use saying you don't think you are owed PR yet you go on and on about what you deserve as if you have a right to it. You don't. None of us do. It's time to let cooler heads prevail.