+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC should revise this express entry system

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
ButterflyChemist said:
I want to be clear. I am not bashing anyone. I don't think PGWP holders are at any disadvantage and I think they get a lot of benefits. That is my opinion. I understand if others feel differently. That's their right. I also think that CEC is an easier path to PR than FSW. Most persons would agree with me. Just take a look at how many persons are manipulating their EE profiles to qualify for only CEC when they are qualified for both CEC and FSW.

There is nothing in EE that prevents PGWP holders from getting PR. Coming up with extreme and next to impossible cases is meaningless. Low wage, low skilled TFW LMIAs cannot qualify under EE which is applicable to skilled occupations so talking about gas station attendants etc is moot. Additionally such positions are considered entry level for young Canadians just entering the work force and there are rules that specifically require these groups to be targeted before LMIAs are issued for these positions. Yes people can lie but there is now a inspection in place for companies that hire foreign workers etc.

LMIA holders get the bonus points so they can get ITAs quicker so they can get PR quicker and start working in jobs that SC has decided will benefit the Canadian economy. Additionally, an ITA does not equate to PR. You still have to meet the requirements of your program. As a PGWP holder you already get points for your Canadian experience and you also have the possibility to obtain a LMIA. If your company cannot justify the need for you to have one, well that more than likely means there are Canadians out there who are willing and able to do the job and you are denying them same.

Pathways to PR are not guarantees. There is no use saying you don't think you are owed PR yet you go on and on about what you deserve as if you have a right to it. You don't. None of us do. It's time to let cooler heads prevail.
All you've been saying would be valid IF AND ONLY IF the government has been honest about what type of people they are looking for and prefer up until now.

Why are you so obsessed in trying to justify the system and criticize others for speaking their opinion about the system?
Is it because you were lucky enough to take advantage of the system? aka LMIA?
If you want people to conform to your views, you shouldn't be in this free country.
And no matter how hard you try, it doesn't make it any less true that the Canadian government is doing the opposite of what they have been advertising to the outside world for decades until this day.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
The_Distant_One said:
I didnt say they meant nothing but they shouldnt mean more than someone who has an LMIA. After a certain length of time work experience means very little, someone with ten years and 5 years have the same skill sets... If canada needs those skill sets then employers will go get them an LMIA just like Butterflychemists employers did for them.

If you employer does not go get you an LMIA they believe that they will not be successfull which means they could hire a canadian to do the job which is what the government wants.
You are kidding about people with 10 years of work exp and people with 5 having the same skill sets, right?

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Yeah you alomst had two offers bit when it came down to it those banks knew that there were othercanadian candidates that could do the job. You may have had "better"skills but you arent the ony one with those skills.

Really at the end of the day why do you want to come to canada if yo dont respect a nations soveringty to do protect its citizens

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
itainttrue said:
All you've been saying would be valid IF AND ONLY IF the government has been honest about what type of people they are looking for and prefer up until now.

Why are you so obsessed in trying to justify the system and criticize others for speaking their opinion about the system?
Is it because you were lucky enough to take advantage of the system? aka LMIA?
If you want people to conform to your views, you shouldn't be in this free country.
And no matter how hard you try, it doesn't make it any less true that the Canadian government is doing the opposite of what they have been advertising to the outside world for decades until this day.
This is where I take my leave. Blessings to all

william217

Apr 2, 2015
One more point about the express entry I want to "rage" about:

Your one year work exp needs to be continuously to earn the work experience point (I am under CEC, University graduate). Which I find ridiculous. Is CIC implying that if I find my first job ever in my life (as a fresh graduate), and after few months I find a better opportunity/realize the job is not ideal for me so I quit then find a new one, and that will make me a less qualify candidate than those who are lucky enough to find his first job satisfying or decide to stick with it?

I am 380ish point right now because I can not get those points from work experience.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
The_Distant_One said:
Yeah you alomst had two offers bit when it came down to it those banks knew that there were othercanadian candidates that could do the job. You may have had "better"skills but you arent the ony one with those skills.

Really at the end of the day why do you want to come to canada if yo dont respect a nations soveringty to do protect its citizens
you, just like any other person from the conservatives, fail to realize something.
How is it better for Canadian economy to somewhat force companies to hire Canadians when apparently, there are better candidate with better skill set who just happened to be a foreigner?
Let's say that it ends up securing some jobs for some Canadians. But does forcing companies to hire possibly less-skilled Canadians over foreign workers lead to advancement of Canadian economy? Hell no.

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
itainttrue said:
you, just like any other person from the conservatives, fail to realize something.
How is it better for Canadian economy to somewhat force companies to hire Canadians when apparently, there are better candidate with better skill set who just happened to be a foreigner?
Let's say that it ends up securing some jobs for some Canadians. But does forcing companies to hire possibly less-skilled Canadians over foreign workers lead to advancement of Canadian economy? Hell no.
Hahahah im far from being a conservative!!!!

And a goverenments are not just about the economy the also have to make social policy decisions which this is.
If it was solely about whats best for the economy they would just open up the borders and drop minnum wage laws and let the market sort itself out.

But alas it needs to make sure those entitled to work and live here get forst priority otherwise you will end up with far greater problems

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
william217 said:
One more point about the express entry I want to "rage" about:

Your one year work exp needs to be continuously to earn the work experience point (I am under CEC, University graduate). Which I find ridiculous. Is CIC implying that if I find my first job ever in my life (as a fresh graduate), and after few months I find a better opportunity/realize the job is not ideal for me so I quit then find a new one, and that will make me a less qualify candidate than those who are lucky enough to find his first job satisfying or decide to stick with it?

I am 380ish point right now because I can not get those points from work experience.
You sir raise te first logical rage point in this thread. I too think that having to have your experience as continuos is silly.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
The_Distant_One said:
Hahahah im far from being a conservative!!!!

And a goverenments are not just about the economy the also have to make social policy decisions which this is.
If it was solely about whats best for the economy they would just open up the borders and drop minnum wage laws and let the market sort itself out.

But alas it needs to make sure those entitled to work and live here get forst priority otherwise you will end up with far greater problems
If the government wants to protect their citizens(as they claim) by forcing foreigners give up their jobs, why are they handing out so many work permits in the first place?
It's because to the outside world, this government wants to be labeled as "free country that welcomes immigrants where there are hopes" so people wouldn't stop coming in and spend money here but in reality, inside this country, they are "demonizing" temporary foreign workers as job-stealers.
you tell me, is that how it should be?

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
abchek said:
Hi itainttrue,
Ive realised that these 2 i*i*t* thedistantone and butterflychemist are so full of themselves that they cant hear anyone else before they attack the keyboard and spill out some crap. they are not here to reason and discuss. maybe they are paid by cic to protect their 'sovereignty' in this forum...lol.
Logic isnt your strong point is it?

d.r.

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stop spreading negative energy folks :)

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
They are avoiding to answer the key issue with the system that I've been pointing out.
and goes on and on about how this is how it should be, etc.
It's clear that they are not open to discussion. They want people to conform to their views as if they are the dictators in this free country.

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
itainttrue said:
I'm starting to think the same abchek.
They are avoiding to answer the key issue with the system that I've been pointing out.
and goes on and on about how this is how it should be, etc.
It's clear that they are not open to discussion. They want people to conform to their views as if they are the dictators in this free country.
No you have posted your point of view and we have disagreed with it. Thats how a discussion works.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
The_Distant_One said:
No you have posted your point of view and we have disagreed with it. Thats how a discussion works.
you keep avoiding to reply whenever I raise a key point.
I said,
"If the government wants to protect their citizens(as they claim) by forcing foreigners give up their jobs, why are they handing out so many work permits in the first place?
If they are so concerned about safeguarding their citizens, why are they handing out so many work permits so that people can keep doing just that, what they are concerned about, steal Canadians' jobs?
It's because to the outside world, this government wants to be labeled as "free country that welcomes immigrants where there are hopes" so people wouldn't stop coming in and spend money here but in reality, inside this country, they are "demonizing" temporary foreign workers as job-stealers.
you tell me, is that how it should be? say one thing but does another?"

are you going to come up with another excuse for the government on their behalf?

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
itainttrue said:
you keep avoiding to reply whenever I raise a key point.
I said,
"If the government wants to protect their citizens(as they claim) by forcing foreigners give up their jobs, why are they handing out so many work permits in the first place?
you tell me, is that how it should be?"

are you going to come up with another excuse for the government on their behalf?
Im not to sire what your point is. Handing out permits to come work here is pretty open. You cant do it back in my country.

The temporary foreign worker programme has been stopped. PGWP arent TFWs and they havent been demonized they are giving a greater opportunityin the express entry system as their experience grows which to me is a good advantage