+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIBC GIC is better

Shreyash_46

Nov 29, 2019
Yeses, I have made the payment in INR. I have not found any form in my portal
Ohk. Then call and ask for A2 form from CIBC. Because they have updated their system as they told me when I had a called them last. Can’t help ahead of this. Because A2 form is imp

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
For CIBC, A2 form is not required, they only need payment receipt. I have received confirmation GIC letter from CIBC.

If you have sent your wire transfer, please send us a copy of your wire receipt to mailbox.isbo@cibc.com. We look forward to processing your application once we receive your funds.
If you have not made your wire transfer yet, the foreign exchange rate that you locked in during your application will expire in 24 hours. This means that if you have not made your wire transfer yet, when we receive your wire we may not be able to honor the foreign exchange rate that you locked in.

I have done my payment on 2nd December. Do I need to mail A20 form or payment receipt? I haven't received GIC confirmation from CIBC.

Jacob183

Sep 10, 2019
Hi All,
I have few queries as listed below :

In the instruction sheet it is written :

"Please send RTGS/NEFT transfer to Standard Chartered Bank and ensure the following
information is included. Missing information will result in a delay in processing the
payment.
- "ISBO 2019"
- Please don't include any other details on the payment"

Query 1 : Is there any specific field where the value "ISBO 2019" has to be written in RTGS form? Also is my name also required?
Query 2 : In the A2 form what is to be filled in "AD Code No." and "Form No."
Query 3 : Is the Bank stamp required in A2 Form?

Reactions: canadaee2021

sukhjeet5719

Jan 19, 2020
I have applied for CIBC GIC on SUNDAY (15th Jan) and received the GIC certificate on 18th Jan. The process was really fast and easy.
And guys, if u want to apply in CIBC and use my referral code both, will get $25
referral code: sukhjeet5719@gmail.com

mrahulreddy

Feb 9, 2020
No, it won't be problem with CIBC.
My passport address and my bank address were both different, like in different states. I got my GIC with no problem. I confirmed this by chatting with a CIBC representative. Your name should match though.
Which address is to be given while applying for GIC via CIBC? Passport address or my address in Bank?
I have given my current address i.e the address in my bank account which is not same as that of my passport address.
I received the A2 document though but I'm not ready to pay $10,000 as there's this address mismatch and also I changed my occupation from student to private sector job.
I also mentioned an incorrect graduation date. So keeping all this in mind, how would it be if I reapply to CIBC while leaving the previous application untouched?
In that case, should I give the same email id while reapplying to CIBC?
Please suggest based on your

jiosi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Passport address is preferred. If possible use the same passport address everywhere. When you reapply, I believe that they will link the application to the old one as the passport number will be matching. However, you can change whatever you need to change when reapplying. If you have any further questions then you can email CIBC (email id can be found in the below link). I would suggest to not worry too much regarding GIC as CIBC is flexible - just ensure that the name, date of birth, passport number etc fields are correctly filled.

Read the below link that will answer some of your questions:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gic-comparision-2020-icici-cibc-scotia.675266/

Canada123#

Mar 12, 2020
Hi Can anyone tell me, how much time does it take to share payment instructions for GIC CIBC.
I submitted my application today, and received an acknowledgement mail, whereas I am still waiting for payment instructions details to transfer funds.
PS:- I have sent mail on their email, and is continuously checking the isbo portal.