+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIBC GIC is better

Vasunama1995

Nov 12, 2019
I called CIBC helpline today and they informed that my funds have already been received but have been deposited into the Chequing account. They told me to drop email with request to transfer funds from chequing account to GIC and issue GIC letter. I have dropped email and waiting for the response. Let's see what they do. I was worried about my funds but confirmed that my funds are with them. I just need to communicate with them to transfer funds. If anyone had idea about things like this, plz help.

Jan 4, 2019
I called CIBC helpline today and they informed that my funds have already been received but have been deposited into the Chequing account. They told me to drop email with request to transfer funds from chequing account to GIC and issue GIC letter. I have dropped email and waiting for the response. Let's see what they do. I was worried about my funds but confirmed that my funds are with them. I just need to communicate with them to transfer funds. If anyone had idea about things like this, plz help.
If you have mailed them they will contact back to you on the very next day.

SamJam12

Oct 29, 2019
Mumbai
Category........
After we done with our biometric. How long does it take for the visa?
Do we have take another appointment with the VFS once we receive our visa?

Nov 14, 2019
Hello,
On 13th Nov my agent has created my CBIC GIC account but they entered house number of my address wrong and also selected the payment in CAD. I have asked the agent to edit, they told me that they have changed. But Yesterday i.e., on 14th Nov I got payment instructions with the wrong house no and in CAD. I mailed CIBC regarding this but didn't get a response. I am thinking to delete this account and create a new one.. how to do this ? I have read the thread and found transferring in INR is better and I don't want to transfer with defects in my address as it may cause problems in visa processing.
Please anyone give suggestions regarding my current situation
Thank you.

Reactions: mrahulreddy

SamJam12

Oct 29, 2019
Mumbai
Category........
Hi Guys,
I just needed lil help. I got an email from the IRCC, they have rejected my application stating the following reason :
I am not satisfied that you'll leave canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) Of the IRPR.
I really dont know whats the problem?
Is my SOP weak or is there is something else?

Reactions: mrahulreddy

Shreyash_46

Nov 29, 2019
Hi guys. I m thinking of doing CIBC in CAD. Can anyone guide me with this please. How much time will that take and all related things

thanks in advace

Nov 14, 2019
Hi guys. I m thinking of doing CIBC in CAD. Can anyone guide me with this please. How much time will that take and all related things

thanks in advace
Hello, I would suggest you to transfer money in INR because when you do it in CAD you will be charged 1.5% charges which makes you to deposit 10150 CAD for GIC. Not only that, transferring in INR means you will do RTGS to an Indian bank which will transfer funds to CIBC which is a easy process. And moreover it took only 1 day for me to get my GIC after I transferred my funds in I dINR whereason't know how many days it will take if done in CAD.

Shreyash_46

Nov 29, 2019
Hello, I would suggest you to transfer money in INR because when you do it in CAD you will be charged 1.5% charges which makes you to deposit 10150 CAD for GIC. Not only that, transferring in INR means you will do RTGS to an Indian bank which will transfer funds to CIBC which is a easy process. And moreover it took only 1 day for me to get my GIC after I transferred my funds in I dINR whereason't know how many days it will take if done in CAD.
thank you. I understand that there is 1.5% process fee but the reason I m thinking in CAD is because my GIC has been rejected by Scotia bank and I will get refund in CAD so I can directly use that Cad in CIBC and If I withdraw that Cad in INR there is loss of 50k direct. So. No worries I’ll look into that and try to do in INR.
also can you tell me in how much time the CIBC will send me payment instructions if i go with INR?

Nov 14, 2019
thank you. I understand that there is 1.5% process fee but the reason I m thinking in CAD is because my GIC has been rejected by Scotia bank and I will get refund in CAD so I can directly use that Cad in CIBC and If I withdraw that Cad in INR there is loss of 50k direct. So. No worries I’ll look into that and try to do in INR.
also can you tell me in how much time the CIBC will send me payment instructions if i go with INR?
I don't think there will be any loss of money because even my money was rejected by Scotia twice and there was no loss. Coming to payment instructions you will get them within a day. For me I created the account at 11:45 pm and got the instructions at 1:00 am.

Shreyash_46

Nov 29, 2019
I don't think there will be any loss of money because even my money was rejected by Scotia twice and there was no loss. Coming to payment instructions you will get them within a day. For me I created the account at 11:45 pm and got the instructions at 1:00 am.
Great to hear that there will be no loss thanks. Just to verify. Is the Cibc gic accepted in Canada visa. Just double checking it

Shreyash_46

Nov 29, 2019
Yeah if you have any doubts cross check with your bank regarding the loss. And yes it is accepted and you can cross check in this website of Canada government.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream/eligibility.html#GIC
May I know to which intake are you going ?
i m going for january intake.
I have received a mail from CIBC saying my account has opened but I cannoot find my account number written anywhere. Also there are only 2 documents and that also I need to download after logging into there ISBO login.
Can anyone help me with this

Shreyash_46

Nov 29, 2019
Ho
how much time did it take to get refund from Scotia bank ??

Nov 14, 2019
i m going for january intake.
I have received a mail from CIBC saying my account has opened but I cannoot find my account number written anywhere. Also there are only 2 documents and that also I need to download after logging into there ISBO login.
Can anyone help me with this
You will get your account number in Instructions sheet.