+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing jobs

Paolo5822

Jun 1, 2018
I've been working in Winnipeg for 9 months (the same job).First I sent the EOI to express my interest and I received an invitation to submit a full application to MPNP - SW. I received a new job offer (full time) the same time I received my invitation. Can I change jobs while doing my full application? Or do I need to apply first and wait for the MPNP number?

Thank you,
Paulo

Last edited:

Hanally

Jul 11, 2017
Winnipeg
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Hi!
You can go to the mpnp office and tell the receptionist about your situation definitely. They prefer you to have the same job from the beginning of your employment here in MB, but they still let you change your job at any point. There has to be a good reason, too.

In my case, Somehow, they considered being fired was not my fault, so they gave me 2nd chance. Then, between I was nominated and I applied for PR, I changed job again simply because I was not getting full time hours that my new employer promised me and I did not want to rush to have that employer ruining my life financially and Visa wise. So, I got another job after. After 3 months, I was fired again.

So every time it happened , I thought it would be the end of my opportunity to get a PR, but our mpnp officers are quite understanding and compassionate. So, you can trust them :)

Good luck!

MPNP Nominated: Nov. 2016
Passport Request: June 2018

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi!
You can go to the mpnp office and tell the receptionist about your situation definitely. They prefer you to have the same job from the beginning of your employment here in MB, but they still let you change your job at any point. There has to be a good reason, too.

In my case, Somehow, they considered being fired was not my fault, so they gave me 2nd chance. Then, between I was nominated and I applied for PR, I changed job again simply because I was not getting full time hours that my new employer promised me and I did not want to rush to have that employer ruining my life financially and Visa wise. So, I got another job after. After 3 months, I was fired again.

So every time it happened , I thought it would be the end of my opportunity to get a PR, but our mpnp officers are quite understanding and compassionate. So, you can trust them :)

Good luck!

MPNP Nominated: Nov. 2016
Passport Request: June 2018
I remember reading your posts. Happy to know you got your PR!

kenngzero

Jan 29, 2018
I am also working in Winnipeg...and Ireceived my MPNP. Recently I have sent my PR paper based application and waiting for AOR. I really want to change my job because my workplace is really terrible. Is it possible to change job? Anyone had done it before? Thank you!

Richie Richs

Jul 4, 2016
I've been working in Winnipeg for 9 months (the same job).First I sent the EOI to express my interest and I received an invitation to submit a full application to MPNP - SW. I received a new job offer (full time) the same time I received my invitation. Can I change jobs while doing my full application? Or do I need to apply first and wait for the MPNP number?

Thank you,
Paulo
Hi Paulo, Im in the same situation as you... I am waiting now for my nomination, and I have been working in the same company for 8 months now... and Im also looking to change... I would like to get in touch with you... I live in Winnipeg... and I need to be sure that Im doing the right thing...

Richie Richs

Jul 4, 2016

Thank you,
Paulo
Hi Paulo, Im in the same situation as you... I am waiting now for my nomination, and I have been working in the same company for 8 months now... and Im also looking to change... I would like to get in touch with you... I live in Winnipeg... and I need to be sure that Im doing the right thing...

Manitoba2019

Jul 30, 2019
Hi, did you change your job? what happened next? please update, thanks!

Manitoba2019

Jul 30, 2019

Thank you,
Paulo
Hi, did you change your job? what happened next? please update, thanks!

SKap26

Oct 28, 2019
Hi there,

I am under the same position. I was with a different employer when I submitted my EOI but I changed my employer and also got the Invitation to apply for MPNP. Do I have to re-submit my EOI. Please advise! Would be so grateful to you.

Aug 14, 2023
. I just wanted to ask a question. I used to work in furniture company . Because of my health issue (back problem) i had to leave that job . Because the work was very heavy. So i gave the resignation.but i got the EOI invitation. So if i can change the job still i can apply for it because I can’t join my previous job because of my health issues and if i do the new job .should i have the same job code or i can do any job?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
. I just wanted to ask a question. I used to work in furniture company . Because of my health issue (back problem) i had to leave that job . Because the work was very heavy. So i gave the resignation.but i got the EOI invitation. So if i can change the job still i can apply for it because I can’t join my previous job because of my health issues and if i do the new job .should i have the same job code or i can do any job?
Depends on which specific PNP program you applied under.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Did you get points for a job offer? Which PNP?

Aug 14, 2023
Yes my job code was 95109 which came in recent draws. But i am no longer working with same employer. So do i need to apply my new eoi again or i can do new work and accept the invitation

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes my job code was 95109 which came in recent draws. But i am no longer working with same employer. So do i need to apply my new eoi again or i can do new work and accept the invitation
Didn’t answer the question. Posting under PNP so what PNP program did you apply to? If not and through EE, did you claim points for a job offer with LMIA.