+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changed University Name (UPTU)

himu_385

Mar 15, 2016
My bachelor of Technology Degree was from UPTU (2009) and the Name of the Univ changed in 2015. Most of my Docs are of UPTU. now for WES what should i do? anyone here from UPTU did WES assessment after the name changed?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
In such cases university may well provide with a document on a letter head stating that from that day the university name has been changed and current it is known as this and that.

himu_385

Mar 15, 2016
andy108 said:
In such cases university may well provide with a document on a letter head stating that from that day the university name has been changed and current it is known as this and that.
Thnx Andy..i will ask for that.

himu_385

Mar 15, 2016
andy108 said:
Hi andy...I checked the credentials and its already written "formerly *** university" . Do you think i will still require the clarification letter?

moderator1983

Apr 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1215/2146
App. Filed.......
11.Jun.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
07.Dec.2016
File Transfer...
Early Jan.2017
Med's Done....
14.Dec.2016
Interview........
25.Apr.2017 Background Check in Progress
Passport Req..
04.May.2017
VISA ISSUED...
15.MAY.2017
LANDED..........
09.AUG.2017
himu_385 said:
My bachelor of Technology Degree was from UPTU (2009) and the Name of the Univ changed in 2015. Most of my Docs are of UPTU. now for WES what should i do? anyone here from UPTU did WES assessment after the name changed?
Hi, I got my WES done this year, in the month of April and I graduated in 2007 from UPTU.
Whenever any university changes its name, its a statuary requirement to inform its previous name(s) and that's why you see that caption (formerly *** university).

So in short, you're good to get the evaluation done, even without any additional documentation explaining the name change.
All the best... :)

himu_385

Mar 15, 2016
moderator1983 said:
Hi, I got my WES done this year, in the month of April and I graduated in 2007 from UPTU.
Whenever any university changes its name, its a statuary requirement to inform its previous name(s) and that's why you see that caption (formerly *** university).

So in short, you're good to get the evaluation done, even without any additional documentation explaining the name change.
Hello sir.thanx for the reply.

At last i got someone from UPTU who did WES done. I will be grateful if u please guide me through the process.

moderator1983

Apr 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1215/2146
App. Filed.......
11.Jun.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
07.Dec.2016
File Transfer...
Early Jan.2017
Med's Done....
14.Dec.2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
04.May.2017
VISA ISSUED...
15.MAY.2017
LANDED..........
09.AUG.2017
himu_385 said:
I will be grateful if u please guide me through the process.
Do you have the transcripts ready??
If not, first thing is to get the transcripts from the university and that is something you'll have to figure out yourself (may be by looking at other forums like Edulix, where students discuss regarding there MS applications)... In my case one of my uncle (working in Police deptt with high rank) was deputed in Lucknow and I got my transcripts in 2 days.

Make sure you have copy of your degree also stamped and included in the sealed envelop (this is not compulsory, I know many have sent it, unsigned/not-stamped, along with the sealed envelop only containing the transcript).

Next is to create an account with WES (https://www.wes.org/ca/apply/createaccount.asp?loc=cic), notice the domain is ca and not com.

After creating an account, its straight forward process to complete your profile and ordering for ECA.

Before payment, make sure you choose wisely between the two 'Mail Option' (options are 'international Courier' & 'Standard Post').

Regarding WES, you'll more details here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/educational-credential-assessment-eca-from-wes-step-by-step-guide-t394160.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/wes-eca-applicants-lets-network-here-t144803.0.html

himu_385

Mar 15, 2016
moderator1983 said:
Do you have the transcripts ready??
If not, first thing is to get the transcripts from the university and that is something you'll have to figure out yourself (may be by looking at other forums like Edulix, where students discuss regarding there MS applications)... In my case one of my uncle (working in Police deptt with high rank) was deputed in Lucknow and I got my transcripts in 2 days.

Make sure you have copy of your degree also stamped and included in the sealed envelop (this is not compulsory, I know many have sent it, unsigned/not-stamped, along with the sealed envelop only containing the transcript).

If its okay with u, can i have your skype/viber id?

moderator1983

Apr 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1215/2146
App. Filed.......
11.Jun.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
07.Dec.2016
File Transfer...
Early Jan.2017
Med's Done....
14.Dec.2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
04.May.2017
VISA ISSUED...
15.MAY.2017
LANDED..........
09.AUG.2017
himu_385 said:
If its okay with u, can i have your skype/viber id?
You can rather use Hangout to chat, my ID is moderator1983 AT gmail DOT com

nipuns1

Star Member
Nov 8, 2012
canada
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-11-2017
hi

I completed my bachelor degree in 4 years and 6 months . what should the degree show in the duration of the course like for example

duration of course : 4years or 4 years 6 months
year of enrollment: 2002
year of graduation: 2007

can someone please advise me on the issue

ANKITA_AURO

Feb 10, 2017
Re: Transcripts from UPTU to WES

Hi,

If there is anyone who is from UPTU and who has sent the document to WES.
I just wanted to know that is there a way that they send directly to WES.
Or we have to collect it from them & then ourselves courier it to WES.
Also since the name of the university has changed now, since I passed out in 2011, how does that work out.

Thanks a lot, will be awaiting a response.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi
I graduated from UPTU in 2006, and got the assessment done in December 2016. No problems at all, they write new Univ name and former name I.e.UPTU.
To get the transcripts, I used the service of mailtranscripts.com as the emails to UPTU team was bouncing and no one was answering the phone.
They took around 20 days to issue my transcripts which was as per the timelines given to me by mailtrabscripts ( it delayed because of Diwali)

Reactions: anuj.anshu

mastersboy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
vishalg said:
Hi
I graduated from UPTU in 2006, and got the assessment done in December 2016. No problems at all, they write new Univ name and former name I.e.UPTU.
To get the transcripts, I used the service of mailtranscripts.com as the emails to UPTU team was bouncing and no one was answering the phone.
They took around 20 days to issue my transcripts which was as per the timelines given to me by mailtrabscripts ( it delayed because of Diwali)
Hi,

Can you please describe your experience in detail? Like did you get the sealed transcripts delivered to your address and then sent to WES. Or you ordered it to be sent to WES, if the latter is the case, Did it get successfully evaluated by WES.

I am just trying to assure myself that using mailtranscripts is aneat way of getting transcripts.

Thanks!

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
mastersboy said:
Hi,

Can you please describe your experience in detail? Like did you get the sealed transcripts delivered to your address and then sent to WES. Or you ordered it to be sent to WES, if the latter is the case, Did it get successfully evaluated by WES.

I am just trying to assure myself that using mailtranscripts is aneat way of getting transcripts.

Thanks!
I ordered them to be sent directly to WES. Degree (B.Tech.) and university both are recognized. I paid around 8k.
About a month and a half back, some people on forum mentioned mailtranscripts is not working. Call them and see if they answer.
There is also another site: cleartranscripts.com