+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CERB and Implied status

softmcl

May 22, 2020
I received CERB with implied status. The man over phone said I could do it and helped me after ‍♀
Thats nice to hear!!

Everytime i talked to them on the phone, i feel like i can hear different answers if i call again later..
the best way is keep the money do not use it right away and wait for them to check later..
anyone knows when will they start checking???

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
Thats nice to hear!!

Everytime i talked to them on the phone, i feel like i can hear different answers if i call again later..
the best way is keep the money do not use it right away and wait for them to check later..
anyone knows when will they start checking???
Hi, my SIN expires today. I have applied for the EI emergency response right after the lockdown but now that my SIN expires, I dont know if they will continue to give me anything.

I am replying to share my experience about if CRA are checking.
By mistake I applied both EI and CERB when it was still confusing for me whether I can apply to both or not. So I did appied for both and received on both EI and CERB. After 2-3weeks I got a notification on my CRA account saying that I was paid during this (specific date) to this (specific date) (1 month period). and they put the amount that was given to me. They put an option to pay it to them if I am not supposed to get that benefit since I have applied for EI already. So I guess it takes time that their system will follow through but I can assure you that they will figure it out because we all have one SIN number that was given specifically for each person so all transactions and stuffs associated with it is in their system.

I hope that helps. Good luck to all of us.

Arago

May 16, 2020
i am reading this forum and i am still not so sure about getting cerb with implied status.

Dose anybody applied EI after march 15 and status change to implied status??

In my case, i applied ei and when my work permit expired( may 10) i was not able to log in to MSCA due to sin has expired. i called service canada and Rep told me at first i could keep reporting and i explained that i was not able to get in MSCA and then Rep said nothing he or i could do about it. i could re-apply or submit whenever i get new visa and sin.
but after the phone, i found out i can reporting on Online reporting service ( only need sin and access code ) and now very confusing.
i could go for it however i might not eliegible for cerb. some people saying without valid sin, ei and cerb not qualify or even implied status could go for cerb.also my case is getting CERB with EI SYSTEM. if i am eligible for cerb, should i keep using ei system?? i feel like even agent of service canada not so sure about implied status and this kind of situation at all

So i dropped thoughts for a while and it's been a month without any benefit and still not so sure about getting new work permit or copr sooner.
is there anybody similar situation with me????? i am going to call service canada later hopefully i could get answer for this.
but if anybody knows please share with me :((
wish you all the best!!!!

Arago

May 16, 2020
hi everyone! i talk to service canada today and he told me there is no reason to be not to claim ei reporting it is totally up to me, however he aslo not sure what's come next and worst senorio is i might take the money back. also he said somthing about reviewing my files and it taking longer than usuall so keep an eye on MSCA account that somthing might change or give them call again. i couldn't quite understand about this part however i did reporting. just share with my situation so this might help you !!!!! good luck to everyone!!1

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
Hi @Arago and everyone...

I applied for EI emergency response last March with a valid SIN but last week my work-permit expired and so as my SIN. I cant log in to MSCA account now and said I have to call them to fix the issue.

An agent just called for the CERB benefits. I asked her about 'implied status' and she said I can still totally get benefits as long as I can show proof that I applied for another work-permit prior to its expiration. Also, all the concerns that we have and issues that we are experiencing we should send them a webform so then they can fix it.

https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/

Agent said there shouldn't be any issue with the log in even if SIN is expired. But then she said it might be their system because everything is new and they are trying to fix issues and concerns. If we cannot log in and apply through online, she said we can call and apply through phone line and report on the phone (1-800-531-7555).

I think @Arago you should call them for your situation. or send a web form saying that you are not receiving benefits and you are on implied status and show a proof that you have applied for another one or your PR.

I hope everyone can get anything from what I said. Also, I urge you to send as many web form you can send so then they will realize there are a lot of people having issues with it. Thanks!

Reactions: Arago

Arago

May 16, 2020

I applied for EI emergency response last March with a valid SIN but last week my work-permit expired and so as my SIN. I cant log in to MSCA account now and said I have to call them to fix the issue.

An agent just called for the CERB benefits. I asked her about 'implied status' and she said I can still totally get benefits as long as I can show proof that I applied for another work-permit prior to its expiration. Also, all the concerns that we have and issues that we are experiencing we should send them a webform so then they can fix it.

Agent said there shouldn't be any issue with the log in even if SIN is expired. But then she said it might be their system because everything is new and they are trying to fix issues and concerns. If we cannot log in and apply through online, she said we can call and apply through phone line and report on the phone (1-800-531-7555).

I think @Arago you should call them for your situation. or send a web form saying that you are not receiving benefits and you are on implied status and show a proof that you have applied for another one or your PR.

I hope everyone can get anything from what I said. Also, I urge you to send as many web form you can send so then they will realize there are a lot of people having issues with it. Thanks!
thanks for sharing this.
i have not request any proof of visa extension or my pr application however i should just send it to them. thanks for letting me know.
also even if you are not able to log in to MSCA you can go to internet reporting service you only need sin number and access code ( expired sin also okay) i just reporting mine with this site.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-internet-reporting.html

and really thanks @123grada!!! finally we know what to do

hope that all the best for you!!!

Reactions: 123ganda

Arago

May 16, 2020

and one more question how do i submit the proof of my visa extension application and pr ????? i do not see attachment in this webform.

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
and one more question how do i submit the proof of my visa extension application and pr ????? i do not see attachment in this webform.
You don't have to send it now. You have to explain it to them that you want to send a proof or copy of the confirmation that you got from the immigration. Then, they will contact you after 2-3 business days and will let you know what to do next. (at least that what the agent told me to do). Hope everything will be fine for our status and situation. Glad I helped clarify.. Keep posting your experience too. Thanks!

Reactions: Arago

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
Hi, I found a way to open my MSCA.. I hope it will work for you too. I logged in to my CRA and then click the link where you can access your MSCA within CRA and then it will go through your MSCA. But I think I will still have to call the number that I have to call, to authenticate my account.

Good luck to all of us!

Vasu8

Jun 22, 2020
Hi guys
My status has expired in February, and I have applied my status restoration in March
I payed my taxes last year, I’m above 16 years old and I have earned above $5000,
I have applied through phone call for CERB from March to June total 4 months and I receive 8 thousands,
I’m I eligible to apply CERB??

mo?

Aug 2, 2020
I have an implied status as well
I called service canada and they don't even know what to do with implied status people.
They suggested me to call immigration and citizenship.
But I also found out that I could login on cra website, and I just did report as usual.
If government wants me to return the money back, I will.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys
My status has expired in February, and I have applied my status restoration in March
I payed my taxes last year, I’m above 16 years old and I have earned above $5000,
I have applied through phone call for CERB from March to June total 4 months and I receive 8 thousands,
I’m I eligible to apply CERB??
No, you're going to have ro pay the money back. You don't qualify for CERB if you're out of status.

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
I have an implied status as well
I called service canada and they don't even know what to do with implied status people.
They suggested me to call immigration and citizenship.
But I also found out that I could login on cra website, and I just did report as usual.
If government wants me to return the money back, I will.
Last time I talked to the service canada agent, she said that she doesnt see any reason why I cant get the CERB. as long as im paying my taxes and staying here in Canada. I told her about the implied status, she said that everything during this pandemic is new to them and trying to learn and improve the service also getting people the help they need. With regards to the implied status, she said just be ready for necessary documents that can prove that I already applied for the renewal of my work permit and/or permanent residence. If in the future they will ask that.
I think that the government will be lenient during this kinds of situations as no one wants to be in this situation. BUT again im just sharing what answers I got from service canada. It is all up to you if you because I am not an expert.

Good luck to all of us.

Reactions: mo?

mo?

Aug 2, 2020
Last time I talked to the service canada agent, she said that she doesnt see any reason why I cant get the CERB. as long as im paying my taxes and staying here in Canada. I told her about the implied status, she said that everything during this pandemic is new to them and trying to learn and improve the service also getting people the help they need. With regards to the implied status, she said just be ready for necessary documents that can prove that I already applied for the renewal of my work permit and/or permanent residence. If in the future they will ask that.
I think that the government will be lenient during this kinds of situations as no one wants to be in this situation. BUT again im just sharing what answers I got from service canada. It is all up to you if you because I am not an expert.

Good luck to all of us.
Thank you for sharing!!! you too!! Good luck for your immigration :D

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Good luck to all of us.
The Government will not be as you say “ lenient “ when it comes to recouping funds that have been paid out to individuals who were not eligible in the first place
That’s not the spirit nor intention of the ITA, and whether you paid taxes or not , is not relevant whatsoever
You either qualified for the program or not
And agent from the ESDC does not have the authority to override the rules set out by Parliament, in the legislation pertaining to the CERB program
If you received government funds you weren’t eligible for , the CRA will , and as the Government has mentioned in past , they will claw back those funds paid out incorrectly

Last edited: