+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CERB and Implied status

teresita686

Aug 10, 2020
Last time I talked to the service canada agent, she said that she doesnt see any reason why I cant get the CERB. as long as im paying my taxes and staying here in Canada. I told her about the implied status, she said that everything during this pandemic is new to them and trying to learn and improve the service also getting people the help they need. With regards to the implied status, she said just be ready for necessary documents that can prove that I already applied for the renewal of my work permit and/or permanent residence. If in the future they will ask that.
I think that the government will be lenient during this kinds of situations as no one wants to be in this situation. BUT again im just sharing what answers I got from service canada. It is all up to you if you because I am not an expert.

Good luck to all of us.
Hi, Thank you for sharing that. I am in the same situation as you. for me i have been waiting for my PGWP
do you still get the cerb after you did the report online?

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
Hi, Thank you for sharing that. I am in the same situation as you. for me i have been waiting for my PGWP
do you still get the cerb after you did the report online?
I applied EI-CERB last March, which my work-permit is not expired yet. Then I continued reporting as normal even if my work-permit expired last June. I have spoken with service canada agents about being in implied status and they said that make sure when someone will ask about my status I should have the proof that I have applied ahead of time (before my work permit expire) and gather necessary documents that they may ask. Then just keep reporting. I am still doing my normal reporting and still receiving the money.
I am not 100% saying that I am eligible for getting the CERB after my work permit expire. Because this situation is new and hard to navigate with details. But I will follow what I know and got from the service canada office. It is on my own risk. I am only sharing my experience. Please ask someone who is expert with this. Thank you!

Reactions: teresita686

mo?

Aug 2, 2020
Hey guys, Hope y all stay well!
I used to report EI(cerb) through the CRA website, but I can't access to MSCA. It has been like this almost 2 weeks.
If you guys know how to report it in other way, would you please share it?
Thank you :)

d13

Jun 9, 2020
Any one who is on implied status that know we have report anyone for the status??? And anyone knows when biometric is open??

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
Any one who is on implied status that know we have report anyone for the status??? And anyone knows when biometric is open??
I am not sure I understand your first question, Do you mean, if we need to report to service Canada about our status? Some agents doesn't even know what implied status means. So I don't know the correct answer for that. You can always send a service request form to them and they will call you after a day or 2. Here's the link. https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/

For the biometrics, collection is still unavailable. No one knows when will they offer the biometrics collection. They always say just check online regularly. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp