+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CERB and Implied status

BOBDDN

Jun 20, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
WP
No One is Picking the Phone at CRA office. I have tried calling them many time..... Automated call gets disconnected after waitng of 2 hours

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
No One is Picking the Phone at CRA office. I have tried calling them many time..... Automated call gets disconnected after waitng of 2 hours
unfortunate and experienced by many but they are the only people who can answer your question right now. You either need to try calling them again and wait on hold OR wait for someone here with the exact same situation to answer. Have some patience. Telling people here who have TRIED to give correct information that they do not have the proper answer and that they are beating around the bush will not give you the correct answer for your question.

Mirapr

Apr 26, 2020
Hello, I finally was lucky to speak with CRA agent. I applied 2 weeks ago with automated phone line and they said I would receive it within 3 business day ( I didn’t receive) on a phone. The problem was that my banking account wasn’t updated and I had an old one on a file. We updated everything and they say I will receive it pretty fast and for the next time they told me to apply through automated phone line. If your address and your direct deposit is right, try to apply through automated phone line. I believe they don’t care about implied status as far as you can do your taxes even without status ( not too sure about this but they just checked my sin and security questions ) Good luck :)

Reactions: BOBDDN and Optimall

BOBDDN

Jun 20, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
WP
Hello, I finally was lucky to speak with CRA agent. I applied 2 weeks ago with automated phone line and they said I would receive it within 3 business day ( I didn’t receive) on a phone. The problem was that my banking account wasn’t updated and I had an old one on a file. We updated everything and they say I will receive it pretty fast and for the next time they told me to apply through automated phone line. If your address and your direct deposit is right, try to apply through automated phone line. I believe they don’t care about implied status as far as you can do your taxes even without status ( not too sure about this but they just checked my sin and security questions ) Good luck :)
Thanks

softmcl

May 22, 2020
Hello guys,

I just called them and ask if I can apply cerb with implied status and expired SIN.
Luckily, someone picked up the phone right away.
the person told me that I need a valid SIN to apply even though i have implied status for another visa.
so if your SIN already expired, you cant apply for it.

Also, I asked the person if i can apply for the period June 7-July4 with the SIN expires in the middle of June which won't cover the whole period.
the person answered me that " I think so...as long as you have a valid SIN to submit your application. "
Hope it helps!!!

Mirapr

Apr 26, 2020
Hello guys,

I just called them and ask if I can apply cerb with implied status and expired SIN.
the person told me that I need a valid SIN to apply even though i have implied status for another visa.

Also, I asked the person if i can apply for the period June 7-July4 with the SIN expires in the middle of June which won't cover the whole period.
the person answered me that " I think so...as long as you have a valid SIN to submit your application. "
Hope it helps!!!
I received CERB with implied status. The man over phone said I could do it and helped me after ‍♀

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys,

Hope it helps!!!
Unfortunately CRA phone line is not very reliable when it comes to correct information. It is shocking but true.

Everyone who applied got CERB whether they qualified or not. The government is now going to look into the applications and get those who received the money incorrectly will have to pay back the money. Just a warning for everyone. Getting CERB money doesn’t mean you’ll be able to keep CERB money.

Last edited:

Mirapr

Apr 26, 2020
We can apply with cerb if implied status and expired sin?
Yes, if you were paying taxes and have CRA account you can apply. Obviously if you are eligible too. You can apply through automated phone line, make sure your bank info and address info are correct.
It’s because we have to do taxes even though we are in different country and our status is expired.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, if you were paying taxes and have CRA account you can apply. Obviously if you are eligible too. You can apply through automated phone line, make sure your bank info and address info are correct.
It’s because we have to do taxes even though we are in different country and our status is expired.
If you are paying taxes you can apply and you will get the money but you may not actually be eligible.

Are you in another country? Is your status expired?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We can apply with cerb if implied status and expired sin?
The system is set-up so everyone gets CERB money and then they clawback those who incorrectly received money. That is why there is huge amounts of fraud. Without knowing your exact situation nobody can confirm whether you qualify or not. Unfortunately Canadians will be on the hook for a certain amount of noney that can’t be recouped so that money could get into the hands of people as soon as possible.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/cra-snitch-line-now-open-to-report-fraudulent-cerb-claims-1.4965033

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cerb-cra-measures-1.5568835

https://thepostmillennial.com/cerb-makes-payments-to-more-than-a-million-canadians-eligible

Mirapr

Apr 26, 2020
If you are paying taxes you can apply and you will get the money but you may not actually be eligible.

Implied status means you’re currently staying in Canada and waiting for the answer from Canada about your extension of a stay. You can’t travel while implied status. It means I’m here. If meet all the criteria for CERB you can apply for it even on implied status.

Mirapr

Apr 26, 2020

But if for example Canada doesn’t approve your extension, you still have to do your taxes and to pay them even with expired SIN.