+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CERB and Implied status

katherineatcanada

Jun 11, 2019
Yes its start with 9. Do u have any idea if i can still apply cerb eventhough my visa is already expire and waiting for the result of my extension?
My understanding, If employor can still pay income tax for us or if we can apply EI with our sin number when we are under implied statue, why we can’t apply CERB?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Even im implied status i cant apply again cerb?
You could go ahead and apply , but from reading other postings it won’t be an automatic approval . More than likely you’ll have to send in documentation to Service Canada . Your visa will expire as you mentioned on April 30, your SIN will expire on that date as well

Siera24

Apr 10, 2020
You could go ahead and apply , but from reading other postings it won’t be an automatic approval . More than likely you’ll have to send in documentation to Service Canada .
I have to send to the service canada the confirmation documents that i did my extension?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Ok. Thank you so much. Hope i can still get cerb even i am implied status.
Try using this link. Fill it out and someone will call you back. I believe the service standard is two business days, but it’s better than waiting on hold
It’ll say Private Caller or Gov of Can if you have call display, so pick up the call

https://sr-ds.powerappsportals.com/caseintakeen/

It will take you to a Government of Canada site

Last edited:

sagarchhabra

Apr 6, 2020
Hello/ Bonjour everyone,

For individuals with doubts regarding receiving CERB with expired SIN/Permit:

1. Yes, you can receive CERB.
2. I've also heard that in some cases you may also be able to keep working depending upon your employer. But you will have to stop working if IRCC does not approve your application*.

*check IRCC website for more clarifications.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.