+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CERB and Implied status

BOBDDN

Jun 20, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
WP
But i dont have CRA account
As , canada gives the work permit till the passport validity. So in November i got work permit till end of march. So technically i got visa only for 4months, Due to that reason , i dont have BC id , no canadian id, no health card or any other kind of id. Then before expiring of my visa i applied for the extention of my work permit, with my New (renewed) indian passport. Now, due to COVID my job is laid off. And because i am new here, so, i dont have any previous or current IT returns i.e i don't have a CRA account from which i can apply for CERB, to register new CRA account ( 0100line ...... IT Return amount) is required. Because i have not filled any IT returns yet.

BOBDDN

Jun 20, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
WP
As , canada gives the work permit till the passport validity. So in November i got work permit till end of march. So technically i got visa only for 4months, Due to that reason , i dont have BC id , no canadian id, no health card or any other kind of id. Then before expiring of my visa i applied for the extention of my work permit, with my New (renewed) indian passport. Now, due to COVID my job is laid off. And because i am new here, so, i dont have any previous or current IT returns i.e i don't have a CRA account from which i can apply for CERB, to register new CRA account ( 0100line ...... IT Return amount) is required. Because i have not filled any IT returns yet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you not start working already? Why don’t you have a health card?

BOBDDN

Jun 20, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
WP
I was working full time before Covid..... And to get BC Health Card and BC driving Liscence a person must have a Visa or Work Permit for more than 6months. A Person having work permit less than 6 month cannot get BC health card and Driving Liscence.....

BOBDDN

Jun 20, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
WP
Today i spoke to Service Canada, they said nothing can't be done in my case. And they said, try to call IRCC and request them to quickly - Push my Work Permit Extension application so that i can apply for CERB. What a silly suggestion..... As if they might listen to my request....... And then she laughed at my situation.

Reactions: cocopops90

BOBDDN

Jun 20, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
WP
But i wonder, there must be plenty of cases on "implied status" . How they are managing and is there anyone else here at same situation, as mine.....

Mirapr

Apr 26, 2020
You need to give more information about whether you lost your job due to covid, do you have ROE that says you were laid off?!, did you earn over 5k?, etc.
Yes, I’m eligible for CERB, my manager sent to Service Canada that she laid us off due to covid and I meet other requirements. I’m trying to call CRA every day but there is no luck for me - I always get disconnected and never have a chance to speak with an agent. I tried to call CERB call centre and they don’t have any answers, they most likely didn’t even know what implied status meant. They just were giving me regular CRA number or automated phone number ( which doesn’t work for me). I’m very frustrated rn and don’t know what to do

BOBDDN

Jun 20, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
WP
Yes, I’m eligible for CERB, my manager sent to Service Canada that she laid us off due to covid and I meet other requirements. I’m trying to call CRA every day but there is no luck for me - I always get disconnected and never have a chance to speak with an agent. I tried to call CERB call centre and they don’t have any answers, they most likely didn’t even know what implied status meant. They just were giving me regular CRA number or automated phone number ( which doesn’t work for me). I’m very frustrated rn and don’t know what to do
Same is happening to my calls. They get disconnected every day.....

BOBDDN

Jun 20, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
WP
Sagar Chabra ji , then please HELP and Guide and Share the procedure for CERB, how i can apply for CERB. If your friend can help somehow......

shane_damie

Mar 5, 2019
Usually they will approved without reviewing your application, give the money in the nxt banking day but after few months they will check application weather you're qualified or not

BOBDDN

Jun 20, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
WP
I think no one have got a proper answer to my question...... Every one is just beating the bushes around and around. No one is coming to the point. And i think people are more concious of knowing the "eligibility of getting the CERB" and also to of " have to return after few months"...... But know have answer that
" how a person can apply for CERB, if he is on implied status" ........

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I think no one have got a proper answer to my question...... Every one is just beating the bushes around and around. No one is coming to the point. And i think people are more concious of knowing the "eligibility of getting the CERB" and also to of " have to return after few months"...... But know have answer that
" how a person can apply for CERB, if he is on implied status" ........
that is probably because the CERB is new. A lot of people are still confused. If you want answers, you should call the CRA.