CELPIP test scores so ridiculous

JinandMango

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2018
I am with you, I got 28/30 TOEFL writing like 6 years ago (when I was not in English speaking country) but I only got 8 in CELPIP writing, even though I've spent 6 years studying/working in English.

OriginalCraker

Jan 23, 2018
CELPIP 1st attempt(October, 2017) - S - 8, W - 7, L - 10, R - 10
I bought their practice test sets, and accelerate course for CAN$100. I think its worth it to spend a few bucks to get a little edge. ..
CELPIP 2nd attempt(January, 2018) - S - 9, W - 8, L - 11, R - 10
Ordered re- evaluation for Writing few days ago, and hoping for a 9. ..

Ahmed Hussain

Jan 10, 2018
I got 12 10 9 8 and got my PR.
Didn't try IETLS at all, but I think that is pretty good scoring (as per my exception and my gut feelings) based on how I did that day.

Fees are absolutely crazy if I remember correctly :-[
If you take 5 tests, that's $1,500+ and your time travelled.
what is the fees difference for IELTS and CELPIP?

Ahmed Hussain

Jan 10, 2018
I bought their practice test sets, and accelerate course for CAN$100. I think its worth it to spend a few bucks to get a little edge. ..
What is the fees amount difference for IELTS and CELPIP?

paniko0

Feb 27, 2018
I took the test for the first time last year and I got L 10 R 10 W 7 S 7 at the time I asked for a recheck and nothing was changed. I think it was fair because I didn't study anything.

I tried once again last Saturday and as I paid the Express Rating, I got L 11 R 10 W 7 S 7. This is ridiculous since this time I bought all of the materials they provide, and I did every single test. I also attended an official Speaking Practice provided by Celpip. It's hard to say about the speaking part because no one actually knows what they're looking for. However, I am 100% confident that my writing is worthy of more than 7.

THIS TEST IS FREAKING RIDICULOUS. If you have the chance, try IELTS instead. Five years ago my wife got better marks on the IELTS test, before moving to Canada. She took the CELPIP test last month and she scored L 12 R 12 W 8 S 7.

Reactions: Sahhmv

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
I took Celpip for the 3rd time last weekend and I couldn't be more frustrated with it... First attempt I got R 12, L 9, W 7, S 7 asked for re-evalution of W and S, both went up W 8 and S 9. Second time I got R12, L 10, W 8, S 8, again asked for re-evaluation of W and S as I knew I did a better job if compared with my first test, however no score changes.
Third attempt I got R 12, L 11, W 7, S 7, my W and S scores don't make any sense, I even did the Celpip accelerate course they offer and I did the writing exactly as they say it should be. I live in Canada for 2 years and I'm in the college here, I have a fairly good speaking and writing, taking Celpip was just a waste of time for me... their evaluation for Writing and Speaking is ridiculous. I asked for re-evaluation for this third test, and if I don't get at least 9 I will not try CELPIP again.... I will go for IELTS.
hey do you have any update? when did you request re-evaluation? when did you get the result?

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
I took the test for the first time last year and I got L 10 R 10 W 7 S 7 at the time I asked for a recheck and nothing was changed. I think it was fair because I didn't study anything.

I tried once again last Saturday and as I paid the Express Rating, I got L 11 R 10 W 7 S 7. This is ridiculous since this time I bought all of the materials they provide, and I did every single test. I also attended an official Speaking Practice provided by Celpip. It's hard to say about the speaking part because no one actually knows what they're looking for. However, I am 100% confident that my writing is worthy of more than 7.

THIS TEST IS FREAKING RIDICULOUS. If you have the chance, try IELTS instead. Five years ago my wife got better marks on the IELTS test, before moving to Canada. She took the CELPIP test last month and she scored L 12 R 12 W 8 S 7.
did you request re-evaluation ?

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
hey have you heard back yet?

Katerine

Mar 6, 2018
I took Celpip for the 3rd time ... I got the same scores three time (R3 L4 S5 W6) ... I can not say that I did a better job than my first test, but I improve my English at work and every day I speak / read / listen to English. I'm not sure whether to reevaluate this Reading component... because your answer is either true or not, it's not Speaking or Writing :(. But I will ask for a re-valuation, if nothing changes, I will never again try to take CELPIP :confused:

Last edited:

nazimali110

Mar 12, 2018
Well we are not native speakers. However, my wife scored L11/R12/W9/S10. Test Date: Jan 26, 2018 (Dubai).
Just keep practicing. Don’t be cheap in buying additional materials. They are REALLY helpful!
I know that speaking is a bit stupid in CELPIP. Especially that “strange” pictures to describe :)
If you have materials for CELPIP can you email me on nazimalinizar@gmail.com

nazimali110

Mar 12, 2018
I took Celpip for the 3rd time ... I got the same scores three time (R3 L4 S5 W6) ... I can not say that I did a better job than my first test, but I improve my English at work and every day I speak / read / listen to English. I'm not sure whether to reevaluate this Reading component... because your answer is either true or not, it's not Speaking or Writing :(. But I will ask for a re-valuation, if nothing changes, I will never again try to take CELPIP :confused:
I will suggest you go to youtube and find a tip for CELPIP and try to memories the scenario. If you have and a paractice test can you email me nazimalinizar@gmail.com

nazimali110

Mar 12, 2018
I took Celpip for the 3rd time last weekend and I couldn't be more frustrated with it... First attempt I got R 12, L 9, W 7, S 7 asked for re-evalution of W and S, both went up W 8 and S 9. Second time I got R12, L 10, W 8, S 8, again asked for re-evaluation of W and S as I knew I did a better job if compared with my first test, however no score changes.
Third attempt I got R 12, L 11, W 7, S 7, my W and S scores don't make any sense, I even did the Celpip accelerate course they offer and I did the writing exactly as they say it should be. I live in Canada for 2 years and I'm in the college here, I have a fairly good speaking and writing, taking Celpip was just a waste of time for me... their evaluation for Writing and Speaking is ridiculous. I asked for re-evaluation for this third test, and if I don't get at least 9 I will not try CELPIP again.... I will go for IELTS.
Can you email me for practice content as I am just new and will start to do practice for giving CELPIP.