+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP: successful re-evaluation!

JayPT

Oct 6, 2015
krishna0702 said:
Hi guys,

I am trying to check the information related to re-evaluation. I have received the below score in CELPIP ...

Listening - 11
Reading - 11
Writing - 8
Speaking - 6

I need minimum of 7 in all modules to apply under CEC. is there any chance to get 7 in re-evaluation or I need to write the exam again ?

Please suggest !!
Hi Krishna, I got into same sad situation..got L-12, R-10, W-8, S-6 :mad:

Did re-evaluation helped you ? Can you please give me tips if I should apply for re-evaluation for Speaking ?

Thanks,
Thanks,

candytk

Jul 22, 2015
Hello Krishna0702, Kaulvirus

Please, was your re evaluation successful? In a similar situation with writing and i would love to know if the re evaluation application was worth it?

Thank you in anticipation for your timely response.

krishna0702 said:
Hi guys,

I am trying to check the information related to re-evaluation. I have received the below score in CELPIP ...

Listening - 11
Reading - 11
Writing - 8
Speaking - 6

I need minimum of 7 in all modules to apply under CEC. is there any chance to get 7 in re-evaluation or I need to write the exam again ?

Please suggest !!

candytk

Jul 22, 2015
Hello Kaulvirus,

Please, was your re evaluation successful? In a similar situation with writing(8) and i would love to know if the re evaluation application was worth it?

kaulvirus said:
Thanks for the info. I just went ahead and applied for a re-evaluation for my speaking part too. Although I knew it didn't go that well, but I was hoping on scoring atleast a 9 and not an 8.
Here were my results:

Listening - 12
Reading - 10
Writing - 9
Speaking - 8

I went to Paragon Testing as well.

candytk

Jul 22, 2015
Hello JayPT,

Please, was your re evaluation successful? In a similar situation with writing(8) and i would love to know if the re evaluation application was worth it?

JayPT said:
Hi Krishna, I got into same sad situation..got L-12, R-10, W-8, S-6 :mad:

Did re-evaluation helped you ? Can you please give me tips if I should apply for re-evaluation for Speaking ?

Thanks,
Thanks,

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Any successful CELPIP re-evaluation of recent?
Just put in a request for re-evaluation. Mine would be a testimony - In Jesus Name- Amen.
Reading- 9, listening - 11, writing - 7, speaking -8. re-evaluating speaking and writing. hoping for writing - 9, speaking -9 ;D

Reactions: ludel1722

paulard

Feb 18, 2016
Hi, my chance to adding something here, since it helped me a lot...

My husband took CELPIP twice, first time he got L11 R12 S8 W8 (almost there)... he tried a couple months late and got L11 R12 S9 W8, but he thought there was not fair, since he has high level of proficiency and went for re-evaluation. Yesterday we got his re-evaluation results and his writing had changed to 10!!!! We finally got CLB 9 !

So, if you think you deserve more, go for re-evaluation!

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Honestly I feel the $55 is just a money grab. There was absolutely NO WAY I could have scored lower on Writing (8 ) than Speaking (9). In the speaking section, I accidentally skipped a question, and I completely blanked out/stuttered on several (I was nervous!). Wouldn't have been surprised if I scored a 7 there. I thought I aced the writing section and at least got a 10. But I refused to pay another $55. I was so mad. Seems like everyone who pays the re-evaluation fee ends up with higher scores... How about you just evaluate us properly the first time around?

Took mine at Paragon Testing in Vancouver as well.

paulard

Feb 18, 2016
kit23 said:
Honestly I feel the $55 is just a money grab. There was absolutely NO WAY I could have scored lower on Writing (8 ) than Speaking (9). In the speaking section, I accidentally skipped a question, and I completely blanked out/stuttered on several (I was nervous!). Wouldn't have been surprised if I scored a 7 there. I thought I aced the writing section and at least got a 10. But I refused to pay another $55. I was so mad. Seems like everyone who pays the re-evaluation fee ends up with higher scores... How about you just evaluate us properly the first time around?

Took mine at Paragon Testing in Vancouver as well.
But kit23, if your score changes they refund yours $55 fully.

Joantasik

Oct 7, 2012
paulard said:

My husband took CELPIP twice, first time he got L11 R12 S8 W8 (almost there)... he tried a couple months late and got L11 R12 S9 W8, but he thought there was not fair, since he has high level of proficiency and went for re-evaluation. Yesterday we got his re-evaluation results and his writing had changed to 10!!!! We finally got CLB 9 !

What did your husband did to study the Speaking and Writing? Planning to take Celpip to get all my areas to 9. Any advice?

paulard

Feb 18, 2016
Joantasik said:
What did your husband did to study the Speaking and Writing? Planning to take Celpip to get all my areas to 9. Any advice?
It is hard to say.... I think the catch is to study the test format many many times, besides the English itself. He used CELPIP material (got in the public library) and focused only in Speaking and Writing. Also, he got some IELTS material.

My husband has many years of English usage in his job, and we are living in Canada for the last 6 months, that helped a lot.

Joantasik

Oct 7, 2012
paulard said:
It is hard to say.... I think the catch is to study the test format many many times, besides the English itself. He used CELPIP material (got in the public library) and focused only in Speaking and Writing. Also, he got some IELTS material.

My husband has many years of English usage in his job, and we are living in Canada for the last 6 months, that helped a lot.
Perfect! I didn't know that Celpip material is in Public library. Thank you!

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
paulard said:

How long did it take to get the re evaluation? and also does the score just automatically change when your score improves after the re-evaluation?

paulard

Feb 18, 2016
tfeddy2012 said:
How long did it take to get the re evaluation? and also does the score just automatically change when your score improves after the re-evaluation?
It took 2 weeks to get re-evaluation results. The score was changed in the website and after some hours he got an email telling the re-evaluation was completed. They send new copies of certification.

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
paulard said:
It took 2 weeks to get re-evaluation results. The score was changed in the website and after some hours he got an email telling the re-evaluation was completed. They send new copies of certification.
Thank you