+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP: successful re-evaluation!

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
Hi everyone,

this is just an information for anyone who isn't happy with their CELPIP-G test scores:

I was a little disappointed when I received my scores a few weeks ago (did the test in January), because my Writing test was worse than the other 3 categories:
Listening 12 - Reading 11 - Speaking 10 - Writing 8

The scores meant that I was missing out on a total of 35 points for my EE profile.

So I had CELPIP re-evaluate the Writing test and my result was changed from 8 points to 11 !!!!!!! :D :D :D
Listening 12 - Reading 11 - Speaking 10 - Writing 11

That's a pretty impressive change and definitely an encouragement for people who feel that something could have gone wrong with their test to do the re-evaluation. Because apparently there's a chance for errors on their end... Which obviously doesn't mean that they make those mistakes all the time.

I had to pay $55 for the re-evaluation but I'm now getting a refund for that :)

Good luck!

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I Recently got the scores
Listening 11
Speaking 11
Writing 10
Reading 4

unfortunately :'(
Would you recommend for re-evaluation or may I reappear.

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
@ee2015: It took them 3 weeks.

@tankthinks: Not really, I only did the practice test online because I felt pretty confident... There's books and preparation courses though, don't know if that's worth doing.

@Champ16: That's a weird score. You're not even eligible to apply for EE with this score, right? I would get them to re-evaluate the Reading part - unless you think that they're probably right with their evaluation for some reason. As I said, there seems to be a possibility for errors on their end. My result must have been simply wrong before, you know? But the re-evaluation is not a guarantee that the score changes. So it could happen that it's basically $55 down the drain.

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
Even i applied for re val and my score got changed.
Speaking from 6 to 8.

Beancounter

Feb 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Rosalie87: Thank you so much for this thread which inspired me to request a successful re-evaluation.

Originally I had straight 12s except for writing where I got 9. I'm no Shakespeare but was surprised and disappointed by the 9. However I objected to paying for a re-evaluation when I felt that CELPIP should have marked the test properly first time.

You made me realise there is subjectivity in marking the writing (and speaking) tests and that there was hope my grade would improve/re-evaluation fee would be refunded.

It worked! My writing test score has increased from 9 to 10 so three extra points for my EE profile. Thank you :)

Reactions: jes_ON

Obiwan

Feb 5, 2015
Hello everyone.

I recently got the scores:

W5
L4
S6
R5

I requested the revaluation in listening I need 5, someone know if this score could be change?

Thanks.

Dream Big

Jul 28, 2015
Hey guys,

does anyone know if a score for the re-evaluation comes back lower, do you have to use that re-evaluated score for the PR application, or can you use whichever is higher?

I am considering applying for the re-evaluation, but am worried if a re-evaluation is unsuccessful.

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dream Big said:
Hey guys,

does anyone know if a score for the re-evaluation comes back lower, do you have to use that re-evaluated score for the PR application, or can you use whichever is higher?

I am considering applying for the re-evaluation, but am worried if a re-evaluation is unsuccessful.

Thanks!
You will have to use the revised scores - the original score won't be valid if it is changed in re-evaluation. I imagine that the scores either remain the same or go up on re-evaluation (at least that's how IELTS works).

Dream Big

Jul 28, 2015
Thanks Asivad Anac! This is for CELPIP.

I looked at the research article on the CELPIP reliability. It was interesting to see that the reliability of writing and speaking assessment was only 0.70, which is not very high reliability coefficient. That's why all those successful reassessments occur.

express2016

Jul 28, 2015
I had to do the ielts test again as my original had been 2 yrs ,on first test in my home country I got 9/9 for speaking in this test here in Canada I got 7.5/9 and did nothing different English being my first language and same criteria how could it vary so much I guess I should have questioned it

krishna0702

Aug 21, 2015
Hi guys,

I am trying to check the information related to re-evaluation. I have received the below score in CELPIP ...

Listening - 11
Reading - 11
Writing - 8
Speaking - 6

I need minimum of 7 in all modules to apply under CEC. is there any chance to get 7 in re-evaluation or I need to write the exam again ?

Please suggest !!

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rosalie87 said:
By the way, I did the test in Vancouver with "Paragon Testing".
Thanks for the info. I just went ahead and applied for a re-evaluation for my speaking part too. Although I knew it didn't go that well, but I was hoping on scoring atleast a 9 and not an 8.
Here were my results:

Listening - 12
Reading - 10
Writing - 9
Speaking - 8

I went to Paragon Testing as well.