+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP: successful re-evaluation!

kj129

Feb 5, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did request the reevaluation of my speaking part, 1 point has increased!!!! So definitely try if you are not satisfied with your score.

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
My scores were originally R: 12 L:12 S: 12 W: 9 and I thought that the discrepancy was odd, so I requested a re-evaluation on writing. It went up a point to W:10. I had posted a thread at the time, and most of the posters had gotten score increases when requesting re-evaluation, so I would recommend people go for it, as it looks like more often than not you will get another point. I've never seen anyone indicate their scores went down, or if that's even possible

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
My re-evaluation has gone more than 3weeks now....nothing yet from celpip...
Anyone re-evaluation gone more than 3 weeks before answer?

kpangalopes

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
tfeddy2012 said:
My re-evaluation has gone more than 3weeks now....nothing yet from celpip...
Anyone re-evaluation gone more than 3 weeks before answer?
Did you receive your answer already?

I asked for a reval last week. Just want to know if you got better marks after the reval.

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
kpangalopes said:

I asked for a reval last week. Just want to know if you got better marks after the reval.
Dont know why its taking forever. Its going to be 4 weeks tomorrow since i ordered for re-evaluation but nothing yet.
would wait till tomorrow and give them a call.
i would definitely update you.

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
kpangalopes said:

kpangalopes

I just got my re-evaluation result now. my writing re-evaluation was successful, increased from 7 to 8 giving me additional 6 points - CRS now stands at 449. :'(
speaking stayed the same 8.
i think its worth it considering there is a refund on the improved score.

lexie.tang

Feb 3, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
first CELPIP: R: 12, L: 11, S: 8, W: 7. I didn't know the chance to boost my score was that high by applying a re-evaluation, and missed the deadline for re-evaluation.

tried my 2nd CELPIP, got R: 11, L: 9, S: 9, W: 8. applied re-evaluation for my writing.

final writing score changed from 8 to 9.

it is definitely a good idea to re-evaluate your scores if you are not satisfied somehow.

kpangalopes

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
lexie.tang said:
first CELPIP: R: 12, L: 11, S: 8, W: 7. I didn't know the chance to boost my score was that high by applying a re-evaluation, and missed the deadline for re-evaluation.

tried my 2nd CELPIP, got R: 11, L: 9, S: 9, W: 8. applied re-evaluation for my writing.

final writing score changed from 8 to 9.

it is definitely a good idea to re-evaluate your scores if you are not satisfied somehow.
How long did they take to give you a final answer?

rottenapple

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
GP
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF/ Oct. 05,2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Aug. 09,'16
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
DONE
Med's Done....
16-08-2016/PASSED
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
JAN.20,2017/ Immigrant visa n COPR issued
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017
Champ16 said:
I Recently got the scores
Listening 11
Speaking 11
Writing 10
Reading 4

unfortunately :'(
Would you recommend for re-evaluation or may I reappear.
Better to do re evaluation than re appear again. Save money and time..

ilikesushi

Feb 16, 2016
Sigh...my spouse, who was the primary applicant because he has a PhD and 4 years of work experience, originally received the following scores:

Reading: 12
Listening: 11
Writing: 8
Speaking: 10

We requested a reevaluation, got notified that it was complete, and the scores hadn't changed at all. :(

We were counting on him getting just that 1 extra point needed. I don't understand what went wrong. He's a native English speaker, has a PhD from a good university in the US, and his other scores were strong.

That one extra point would've taken us from the 419 points we have now to over 450.

Maybe we should just give up on moving there. My scores were all 11s and 12s, but I only have a 4 year Bachelors degree and 1 year of work experience (I was self-employed before then, so I know that doesn't count). If I'm the primary, we'd only get 420 points.

How disappointing.

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
ilikesushi said:
Sigh...my spouse, who was the primary applicant because he has a PhD and 4 years of work experience, originally received the following scores:

Reading: 12
Listening: 11
Writing: 8
Speaking: 10

We requested a reevaluation, got notified that it was complete, and the scores hadn't changed at all. :(

We were counting on him getting just that 1 extra point needed. I don't understand what went wrong. He's a native English speaker, has a PhD from a good university in the US, and his other scores were strong.

That one extra point would've taken us from the 419 points we have now to over 450.

Maybe we should just give up on moving there. My scores were all 11s and 12s, but I only have a 4 year Bachelors degree and 1 year of work experience (I was self-employed before then, so I know that doesn't count). If I'm the primary, we'd only get 420 points.

How disappointing.
Sorry to hear that. But there is nothing wrong in doing the test again.
I did it 3 times to boost my score from 412 t0 474

Skumar76

Jul 15, 2016
Hi,

Have you tried for re-valuation for your reading test, please let me know the result. Thanks.

Champ16 said:
I Recently got the scores
Listening 11
Speaking 11
Writing 10
Reading 4

unfortunately :'(
Would you recommend for re-evaluation or may I reappear.

Skumar76

Jul 15, 2016
Anybody tried for reading reevaluation? and any change in score.

Rosalie87 said:
Hi everyone,

this is just an information for anyone who isn't happy with their CELPIP-G test scores:

I was a little disappointed when I received my scores a few weeks ago (did the test in January), because my Writing test was worse than the other 3 categories:
Listening 12 - Reading 11 - Speaking 10 - Writing 8

The scores meant that I was missing out on a total of 35 points for my EE profile.

So I had CELPIP re-evaluate the Writing test and my result was changed from 8 points to 11 !!!!!!! :D :D :D
Listening 12 - Reading 11 - Speaking 10 - Writing 11

That's a pretty impressive change and definitely an encouragement for people who feel that something could have gone wrong with their test to do the re-evaluation. Because apparently there's a chance for errors on their end... Which obviously doesn't mean that they make those mistakes all the time.

I had to pay $55 for the re-evaluation but I'm now getting a refund for that :)

Good luck!

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Skumar76 said:
Anybody tried for reading reevaluation? and any change in score.
Ideally re-evaluating Writing and Speaking gives you more option to increase scores because its evaluated by invigilators, Listening and reading are more like computer corrected so chances of increasing scores are feeble.