+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP: successful re-evaluation!

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Hey guys,
Any one knows if we can create an EE profile with the current results before evaluation results appears?

joyleo

Apr 4, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,
Any one knows if we can create an EE profile with the current results before evaluation results appears?
Yes, you may create a profile with the current scores. You can update it later on as long as you have not received an ITA by then. But then again if you receive an ITA with the old score itself then why even bother updating :).

Cheers!

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Yes, you may create a profile with the current scores. You can update it later on as long as you have not received an ITA by then. But then again if you receive an ITA with the old score itself then why even bother updating :).

Cheers!
Great! Thank you :)

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
This is weird! But I think if this is the case with CELPIP, they should have mentioned it like what IELTS did.
The issue with IELTS is if reval changes the score they issue a new TRF - or else the same TRF is reissued if there is no change. However, the instructions clearly state score is invalid so as per this creating EE profile or receiving ITA would amount to misrepresentation - some folks seem to go ahead and do it anyways - but I don't know how the reval is reported when CIC checks them with IELTS - surely they must have some way to check that profile was made before reval - I have not come across cases where people got pulled or rejected for this under misrepresentation.

For CELPIP if it is not written, then you are good - however, you may want to confirm with them just to be sure and on the safe side to avoid any issues.

Reactions: ezio

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016

Cheers!
But if I receive an ITA with the old score then the score changed, what will be the situation now when officer check my application?! As far as I know, I can't update my file after receiving ITA.

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
The issue with IELTS is if reval changes the score they issue a new TRF - or else the same TRF is reissued if there is no change. However, the instructions clearly state score is invalid so as per this creating EE profile or receiving ITA would amount to misrepresentation - some folks seem to go ahead and do it anyways - but I don't know how the reval is reported when CIC checks them with IELTS - surely they must have some way to check that profile was made before reval - I have not come across cases where people got pulled or rejected for this under misrepresentation.

For CELPIP if it is not written, then you are good - however, you may want to confirm with them just to be sure and on the safe side to avoid any issues.
I phoned them and they said that it is valid during the re-evaluation period. My score is 408 and they just took up to 415 today, I am not sure to do the re-evaluation now or wait for the next round! I am concerned about receiving an ITA with the old score then the score change after couple of weeks, I don't know what will be the situation in this case.

joyleo

Apr 4, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But if I receive an ITA with the old score then the score changed, what will be the situation now when officer check my application?! As far as I know, I can't update my file after receiving ITA.
I had suggested as per CELPIP guidelines and was not aware of this scenario with IELTS. Sorry about that, should have been more precise.
Also as long as your re-evaluated scores do not go down from your original ones (so that your CRS score does not go down) you should be scot-free. At that point you can just create a CSE with a nice little explanation and along with a copy of your new CELPIP scorecard. I suggest check with other seniors too.

May 30, 2017
Hello All,

Below were my initial scores received on May 2nd.
L: 9, R: 8, W: 8, S: 7

Was not satisfied with my Speaking and Writing scores as I was confident of getting a score of more than 9. After reading the thread where many of them received a point increase in one of the sections (Writing or Speaking), I decided to take a chance and apply for revaluation on May 18th because I believed I had done better. Had applied for re-evaluation for Writing and Speaking section and received my revaluation scores today

Re-evaluation scores: (May 30th)
W: 8 (remains same), S: 8 (Increased from 7 to 8).

I would like to thank all members in this thread for sharing their experiences irrespective of whether their score increased or not in re-evaluation. Happy to add value by sharing my experience in this thread.

***************************************************************************************************************************************
One Query:
----------------
Should the results date in the EE profile be the initial results rate (May 2nd) or re-evaluation results date (May 30th) ?

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Reactions: kamran.shekh

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Hello All,

Below were my initial scores received on May 2nd.
L: 9, R: 8, W: 8, S: 7

Was not satisfied with my Speaking and Writing scores as I was confident of getting a score of more than 9. After reading the thread where many of them received a point increase in one of the sections (Writing or Speaking), I decided to take a chance and apply for revaluation on May 18th because I believed I had done better. Had applied for re-evaluation for Writing and Speaking section and received my revaluation scores today

Re-evaluation scores: (May 30th)
W: 8 (remains same), S: 8 (Increased from 7 to 8).

I would like to thank all members in this thread for sharing their experiences irrespective of whether their score increased or not in re-evaluation. Happy to add value by sharing my experience in this thread.

***************************************************************************************************************************************
One Query:
----------------
Should the results date in the EE profile be the initial results rate (May 2nd) or re-evaluation results date (May 30th) ?

****************************************************************************************************************************************
Guys, I have the same question. What date should we put on the EE profile?
Also, can I change my EE profile now with my new score if there is a draw tomorrow?

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

this is just an information for anyone who isn't happy with their CELPIP-G test scores:

I was a little disappointed when I received my scores a few weeks ago (did the test in January), because my Writing test was worse than the other 3 categories:
Listening 12 - Reading 11 - Speaking 10 - Writing 8

The scores meant that I was missing out on a total of 35 points for my EE profile.

So I had CELPIP re-evaluate the Writing test and my result was changed from 8 points to 11 !!!!!!! :D :D :D
Listening 12 - Reading 11 - Speaking 10 - Writing 11

That's a pretty impressive change and definitely an encouragement for people who feel that something could have gone wrong with their test to do the re-evaluation. Because apparently there's a chance for errors on their end... Which obviously doesn't mean that they make those mistakes all the time.

I had to pay $55 for the re-evaluation but I'm now getting a refund for that :)

Good luck![/QUOT I scored L 12, R12, writing 8, speaking 8. Is it wise to ask for revaluation. The 8 is bringing my overall score down.
Hi everyone,

this is just an information for anyone who isn't happy with their CELPIP-G test scores:

I was a little disappointed when I received my scores a few weeks ago (did the test in January), because my Writing test was worse than the other 3 categories:

The scores meant that I was missing out on a total of 35 points for my EE profile.

So I had CELPIP re-evaluate the Writing test and my result was changed from 8 points to 11 !!!!!!! :D :D :D

That's a pretty impressive change and definitely an encouragement for people who feel that something could have gone wrong with their test to do the re-evaluation. Because apparently there's a chance for errors on their end... Which obviously doesn't mean that they make those mistakes all the time.

Good luck!

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

Good luck!
Thanks for sharing this. I just got my result today, I scored L 12, R12, writing 8, speaking 8. It didn't make sense to me and I've been thinking if it is wise to request for revaluation. The 8 is bringing my EE score down by 54 (if they were 9). Based on the testimonies here, I'm just thinking of going ahead with the re-evaluation?

Last edited:

doylia

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Hey guys.. is there anyone taking the celpip exam anytime soon? Maybe we can share study materials or practice speaking together

Partha_2017

Dec 28, 2017
Hi All,
I received my CELPIP score today L-9, R-9, W-7 and S-6. I need 7 score in all section for my NOC code. Please suggest whether speaking revaluation will increase my score ?