+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP Dubai - Test & Result Review / Test Experience / Study Tips

Sanaakazeem

Dec 4, 2017
Well mixed bags. The reading and listening was good, writing was excellent. So I hope I can score CLB9 on those. But, during speaking I was hesitant and felt unable to prepare and speak well plus I had a strong headache from binding my head during listening section for taking notes.

Score 9 on Speaking will be a miracle , so fingers crossed

But overall , the test is definitely manageable and you can easily sore CLB9 if you practiced well in advanced , I did solve about 8 practice tests from the 10 that I bought from CELPIP, which I do highly recommend.

I will try to post a detailed review once my results are out by the first week of September.

Regards,,,
So how did u score, I'm planning to take CELPIP. I wrote IELTS twice , L - 8.5, R - 7, W - 6, S - 8.5. I lost CLB 9 due to Writing, In both my attempts, it was Writing, which pulled me down, so only planning CELPIP,. u r story resembles more like mine, so would like to know, how was the experience .

muhammad82

Jan 14, 2018
Hi all
I am planning to take the CELPIP-G on Feb. 16th, 2018 in Dubai. I learned from a friend of mine that CELPIP-G is very easy compared to IELTS and the writing component includes an automatic spelling checker. I think their test center TEPTH is also listed as an authorized prep. center with exclusive prep. materials. Any feedback from those who tried their prep. course would be highly appreciated.

Thank you
Muhammad

muhammad82

Jan 14, 2018
Hi Zaharali2,

I have been told that there is no need to hold a residential permit/visa as long as you can present a valid passport on the test day.
Hope you find this helpful.

All the best

Muhammad

azharali2

Jan 16, 2018
Hi Muhammad,

Thank you so much for the response. I am further making it sure, they only need a valid 'passport' to let me appear on the test. CELPIP is only available in 3 countries and UAE is good option for this part of world :)

Last edited:

Ida62

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
I've experienced a technical problem in listening part in dubai center..yesterday 26 jan.
I wrote an email to celpip center and reported it..
What's likely to happen next?? So worried:(:(

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
CELPIP marking is ridiculous. When CELPIP started, they were giving good score to everyone but now it's standard has gone down drastically. I guess they did this to gain popularity and attract more people to take CELPIP. They are deliberately giving low score to candidates so that people keep applying for reevaluation and they keep getting extra money without needing to put any extra effort.
It's better to go for IELTS as I have never heard bad feedback about their marking standards.

Reactions: Muna999 and liuox

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
Got my IELTS results today..I can only advise that if you want to save your time and money, don't go for CELPIP.

CELPIP 1st Attempt - L10 R8 W8 S6 - Applied eevaluation in Speaking, no change
CELPIP 2nd Attempt - L8 R10 W8 S6 - Applied eevaluation in Speaking, no change

IELTS 1st Attempt - L7.5 R9 W7 S7.5

Last edited:
Reactions: asabagh and Muna999

ahmedrizwan

Jul 11, 2018
Hi Folks,

I have created this thread for sharing experience and results of CELPIP Test in Dubai.

I believe very less information and threads are available for CELPIP if its test review or study tips, so lets share the experience here.

I have registered for CELPIP Test in Dubai, my test date is 29th June. I will post tips and tricks for test here so those who are preparing can benefit.

Thanks

Hey there..! the score you mentioned earlier what CL level did you obtained and was it sufficient. also may i know who checks the speaking , listening and writing part of the exam. Is it done by computer or by humans. Thankyou ,. I am going to give exam in august in dubai

I have given ielts many times, My ielts score has been consistent which L 9, R 7, S 8, W 6.5 and I am fed up of ielts because of writing part and now planing to give Celpip

AMG10

Aug 2, 2018
Hello Friends,

Am planning to appear for my Celpip in September 2018, just had a few questions and wanted your feedback

Has anyone recently appeared for CELPIP in Dubai ? If yes how was your experience.
Would be gret if you could also share your scores just to get a feel of how the ranking works
Also like to know if purchasing the 10 tests from Paragon is any help to achieve better scores in CELPIP.

Regards
AMG 10

AbbySijo

Nov 18, 2017
How was your experience? I gave ielts 4 times and getting straight 6.5 in writing, rest are straight 9s. Worth trying celpip?
It was my first attempt at any such test I scored :

L – 11
R – 12
S – 9
W – 8

Thinking of submitting for re-evaluation of writing.

It was really well managed by the staff. Plus you will be done with all the sections on the same day within 3 hours unlike IELTS. Plus L & R in Celpip have options so it seems easier than IELTS.

Reactions: asabagh

asabagh

Apr 30, 2019
It was my first attempt at any such test I scored :

L – 11
R – 12
S – 9
W – 8

Thinking of submitting for re-evaluation of writing.

It was really well managed by the staff. Plus you will be done with all the sections on the same day within 3 hours unlike IELTS. Plus L & R in Celpip have options so it seems easier than IELTS.
congratulations
any experience you want to share
how long have you been studying ? the test was harder than celpip online materials?
remember any questions?

AbbySijo

Nov 18, 2017
I bought the online materials from Paragon, practiced a few tests out of those. My grammar has always been strong so I haven't been studying for CELPIP as such. The only difference between the practice materials and actual test according to me was in Listening. The conversations were a bit fast paced than the ones in the practice material. However, I did go through MADENGLISH videos on Youtube. It gave me a clear idea of the test format & tips and how to answer each section.

Reactions: yiso91 and asabagh