yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Btw how do you campare celpip to ielts?
Allow me to answer this by saying that you can easily get 7+ on all bands on IELTS when compared to CELPIP , simply beacuse IELTS are far more direct in it's format. However ,and this is a BIG however , writing is always going to be a hurdle since you need to write two essays (one short and one long) using a pencil, that is where people start to lose marks for handwriting style, count of words , mistakes ..etc.

If you can do handwriting very well ,and are confident that you can write a good piece and get the 7 on writing , then by all means go for IELTS , otherwise jump into CELPIP and start preparing.

So far I have been preparing for CELPIP these past few days and let me tell you it's not quite as easy as IELTS ( Reading and Listening), you can easily go below CLB9 if you didnt pick your choices right , which might seem simple enough at first but they are very closely placed and not having a good ear or eye can cost you another exam session.

So far my results using their online practice tests are variable ,sometimes I score 7 , 8 or 9 on R and L , Am not sure if this is a good indication of any sort or Am about to get disappointed at the real exam.

That's my two cents.

Reactions: gorukh

azam_qr

Feb 11, 2015
Allow me to answer this by saying that you can easily get 7+ on all bands on IELTS when compared to CELPIP , simply beacuse IELTS are far more direct in it's format. However ,and this is a BIG however , writing is always going to be a hurdle since you need to write two essays (one short and one long) using a pencil, that is where people start to lose marks for handwriting style, count of words , mistakes ..etc.

If you can do handwriting very well ,and are confident that you can write a good piece and get the 7 on writing , then by all means go for IELTS , otherwise jump into CELPIP and start preparing.

So far I have been preparing for CELPIP these past few days and let me tell you it's not quite as easy as IELTS ( Reading and Listening), you can easily go below CLB9 if you didnt pick your choices right , which might seem simple enough at first but they are very closely placed and not having a good ear or eye can cost you another exam session.

So far my results using their online practice tests are variable ,sometimes I score 7 , 8 or 9 on R and L , Am not sure if this is a good indication of any sort or Am about to get disappointed at the real exam.

That's my two cents.
Alrite i feel you on that. Speaking and writing practice must be going smooth I suppose.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Alrite i feel you on that. Speaking and writing practice must be going smooth I suppose.
I suppose they are going alright , weekend is going to be blood bath of practice :D :D

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hey man hw was ur test?
Well mixed bags. The reading and listening was good, writing was excellent. So I hope I can score CLB9 on those. But, during speaking I was hesitant and felt unable to prepare and speak well plus I had a strong headache from binding my head during listening section for taking notes.

Score 9 on Speaking will be a miracle , so fingers crossed

But overall , the test is definitely manageable and you can easily sore CLB9 if you practiced well in advanced , I did solve about 8 practice tests from the 10 that I bought from CELPIP, which I do highly recommend.

I will try to post a detailed review once my results are out by the first week of September.

Regards,,,

Reactions: gorukh

azam_qr

Feb 11, 2015
Well mixed bags. The reading and listening was good, writing was excellent. So I hope I can score CLB9 on those. But, during speaking I was hesitant and felt unable to prepare and speak well plus I had a strong headache from binding my head during listening section for taking notes.

Score 9 on Speaking will be a miracle , so fingers crossed

But overall , the test is definitely manageable and you can easily sore CLB9 if you practiced well in advanced , I did solve about 8 practice tests from the 10 that I bought from CELPIP, which I do highly recommend.

I will try to post a detailed review once my results are out by the first week of September.

Regards,,,
Thanx for your insight.. gud luck with the result and do tel us about your scores

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Thanx for your insight.. gud luck with the result and do tel us about your scores
I will post a detailed review once my results are up on a separate thread so that everyone can benefit and have an idea of what they are getting into.

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
Hello! Rookie question: How long does it take for them to release your scores? And can you pick up your results directly from Celpip so no need for them to send it in the office and let everyone know that you applied for this? Lol

azam_qr

Feb 11, 2015
Hello! Rookie question: How long does it take for them to release your scores? And can you pick up your results directly from Celpip so no need for them to send it in the office and let everyone know that you applied for this? Lol
They will take 8 working days to release the result. I doubt they have tht option of collecting report from office. U shud call n enquire

Reactions: Catpaws14

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
They will take 8 working days to release the result. I doubt they have tht option of collecting report from office. U shud call n enquire
Thanks! Is it ok to apply for EE once I get the results online and not wait for the certificate from celpip?

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
It is ok do that. But I believe you have to get the report in order to apply for PR ( not sure about this)
Thanks. I wanted to know my crs scores right away and enter the pool. Most probably when I receive an ITA (not counting on receiving it this year seeing the crs of the invites recently but still hoping) , I already have the certificate ready.