+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP Dubai - Test & Result Review / Test Experience / Study Tips

mohibpaki

Jun 11, 2017
Hi Folks,

I have created this thread for sharing experience and results of CELPIP Test in Dubai.

I believe very less information and threads are available for CELPIP if its test review or study tips, so lets share the experience here.

I have registered for CELPIP Test in Dubai, my test date is 29th June. I will post tips and tricks for test here so those who are preparing can benefit.

Thanks

forwardian1

Mar 17, 2016
Hi,
This is a great idea!
I would like to know that how was your CELPIP test experience in Dubai. I am planning to give in August. Did you achieve the required score?

Please share some useful tips.

Regards

missmalik11

May 7, 2017
Hi Folks,

I have created this thread for sharing experience and results of CELPIP Test in Dubai.

I believe very less information and threads are available for CELPIP if its test review or study tips, so lets share the experience here.

I have registered for CELPIP Test in Dubai, my test date is 29th June. I will post tips and tricks for test here so those who are preparing can benefit.

Thanks
Plz share your experience, we are anxiously waiting for your feedback.

mohibpaki

Jun 11, 2017
Hi Folks,

Sorry I was away from this forum due to some other things...

Well let me share a blue image of my experience for CELPIP test in Dubai...

First of all, PREPARE PREPARE PREPARE your self as much you can!!

The test was good and not that difficult... The LISTENING part was a bit tough for me because I always have issues with listening... (Other might not), When I was preparing for test, I targeted to get 10 all... but my results were as below...

R11
S8
R8
W8

Best of luck to you all....

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hi Folks,

Sorry I was away from this forum due to some other things...

Well let me share a blue image of my experience for CELPIP test in Dubai...

First of all, PREPARE PREPARE PREPARE your self as much you can!!

The test was good and not that difficult... The LISTENING part was a bit tough for me because I always have issues with listening... (Other might not), When I was preparing for test, I targeted to get 10 all... but my results were as below...

R11
S8
R8
W8

Best of luck to you all....
Hey man,

What material did you use to prepare for the test ? was it the available resources by Prageon themselves ?

Did you under score beacuse you didn't prepare well or beacuse you didn't actually do well on the real test ?

Also, how busy and how loud was the speaking section?

Thanks
Regards,,,

Reactions: Aya.2020

mohibpaki

Jun 11, 2017
Hi,

For the preparation material I bough the official preparation materiel, It was very good and helping.
Well I believe I did not achieve because of test pressure and I couldn't manage my self.
There were around 40 people in the hall, some times you might feel the keyboard noise or you will be writing and some people will be speaking so there might be a certain level of noise disturbance..

Let me know if I can do anything else.

Thanks

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hi,

For the preparation material I bough the official preparation materiel, It was very good and helping.
Well I believe I did not achieve because of test pressure and I couldn't manage my self.
There were around 40 people in the hall, some times you might feel the keyboard noise or you will be writing and some people will be speaking so there might be a certain level of noise disturbance..

Thanks
Well this wont be my first CBT I have done. I tried my luck with PTE four times so Am used to it by now :)

Am targeting CLB 9 on all bands. My average score on PTE is about 65+ on all bands (speaking usually is 79). Am due on my CELPIP next Saturday. Am planning to buy the 10 practice tests package and do two tests per day.

Do you think this is a doable plan?

Regards

azam_qr

Feb 11, 2015
Hi,

Thanks

Thank you for your reviews and tips. I will be writing celpip in dubai soon and i bought some practice tests and guide online.
I just want to ask you few questions. How did you feel about celpip compared to ielts? How many days of preparation you think it is required to score high in celpip?

Actually i have given ielts before and my score is as below:

Speaking: 7.5
Reading: 7.5
Listening: 8.5
Writing: 6.5

You think it is better and sensible compared to ielts? because i think ielts is like a journey and you have to write with pen & paper which is exhausting. Please advise.

Reactions: yiso91

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Thank you for your reviews and tips. I will be writing celpip in dubai soon and i bought some practice tests and guide online.
I just want to ask you few questions. How did you feel about celpip compared to ielts? How many days of preparation you think it is required to score high in celpip?

Actually i have given ielts before and my score is as below:

Speaking: 7.5
Reading: 7.5
Listening: 8.5
Writing: 6.5

You think it is better and sensible compared to ielts? because i think ielts is like a journey and you have to write with pen & paper which is exhausting. Please advise.
Am on the same boat as you.
Scored S7.5 R7 L8 W6 about 15 months ago (scored about the same in PTE four times in a row so I gave up) .. hoping to change that with CELPIP.

The most I have been struggling with now is Reading which seem to be leap years ahead of IELTS. My appointment is on 26th August :eek:

azam_qr

Feb 11, 2015
Am on the same boat as you.
Scored S7.5 R7 L8 W6 about 15 months ago (scored about the same in PTE four times in a row so I gave up) .. hoping to change that with CELPIP.

The most I have been struggling with now is Reading which seem to be leap years ahead of IELTS. My appointment is on 26th August :eek:
Alright best of luck bro and let us know your score, review and tips for the test. You think reading in celpip is harder than ielts? I have done PTE once. I got score as below:

Speaking : 71
Listening: 75
Reading: 75
Writing: 78

This was my score in the first and last attempt of PTE.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Alright best of luck bro and let us know your score, review and tips for the test. You think reading in celpip is harder than ielts? I have done PTE once. I got score as below:

Speaking : 71
Listening: 75
Reading: 75
Writing: 78

This was my score in the first and last attempt of PTE.
I guess you where trying to reach for 79 sweetspot just like me .. hope it work out for you though

As for Celpip , I started using their practice tests and reading and listening is a mixed bags for me , Its quite easy to understand but then everything is in multiple choice with very hidden answers and require a re-read in some cases.

Writing is much easier than ieltes or pte , since emails are short and you are not expected to write a novel long essay , scoring clb9+ should be managable.

Haven't practiced on speaking yet so I got no comment for now

Goodluck

azam_qr

Feb 11, 2015
I guess you where trying to reach for 79 sweetspot just like me .. hope it work out for you though

As for Celpip , I started using their practice tests and reading and listening is a mixed bags for me , Its quite easy to understand but then everything is in multiple choice with very hidden answers and require a re-read in some cases.

Writing is much easier than ieltes or pte , since emails are short and you are not expected to write a novel long essay , scoring clb9+ should be managable.

Haven't practiced on speaking yet so I got no comment for now

Goodluck
Well i will write celpip now to try my luck. Do practice speaking man coz i heard speaking is tough nut to crack especially in celpip.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Well i will write celpip now to try my luck. Do practice speaking man coz i heard speaking is tough nut to crack especially in celpip.
I will do speaking for sure . Coming from pte , Am used to nosiy environment and short preparation time :D

mohibpaki

Jun 11, 2017
Hi,

Those who have already done PTE, CELPIP is kinda same thing, but i feel PTE had more tasks and was not easy but one thing for sure is you get good points in PTE. I have given 2 PTE tests, my target was 90+ but i got the below...

Speaking 90
Reading 79
Writing 80
Listening 67 :mad:

Good luck to all you folks who are planning for CELPIP. CELPIP is also very much achievable, you just have to prepare properly and you have to give time to each task.

azam_qr

Feb 11, 2015
Hi,

Those who have already done PTE, CELPIP is kinda same thing, but i feel PTE had more tasks and was not easy but one thing for sure is you get good points in PTE. I have given 2 PTE tests, my target was 90+ but i got the below...

Speaking 90
Reading 79
Writing 80
Listening 67 :mad:

Good luck to all you folks who are planning for CELPIP. CELPIP is also very much achievable, you just have to prepare properly and you have to give time to each task.
Btw how do you campare celpip to ielts?