+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Proof of Funds requirement

snowbaby

Nov 25, 2018
Hi all,

I am just writing to seek some guidance about the proof of funds requirement for CEC applicants.

I am at the point in my application where I received my ITA, completed the forms and now just need to upload the necessary documents before submitting.

One of the documents I am asked to attach is the Proof of Means of Financial Support documentation but as a CEC applicant, I know all I have to do is submit a letter saying something along the lines of 'that requirement doesn't apply to me".

However, I have been reading some threads where people just submit the letter and also attach their bank information. Would it be best to do both or should I just attach the letter alone?

Also, please review my letter below and advise if this would be sufficient. Thanks!

Date: 26-Feb-2019

To Whom it may concern,

Subject: Letter of Explanation – Proof of Means of Financial Support

Dear Officer,

Kindly consider that as an applicant of the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) stream, I am not required to provide any proof of funds as per the CIC website: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29)

Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerely,

XXX

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi all,

I am just writing to seek some guidance about the proof of funds requirement for CEC applicants.
There is no proof of funds requirement for CEC applicants.

I am at the point in my application where I received my ITA, completed the forms and now just need to upload the necessary documents before submitting.

One of the documents I am asked to attach is the Proof of Means of Financial Support documentation but as a CEC applicant, I know all I have to do is submit a letter saying something along the lines of 'that requirement doesn't apply to me".
Per IRCC instructions - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

However, I have been reading some threads where people just submit the letter and also attach their bank information. Would it be best to do both or should I just attach the letter alone?
No need to attach bank statements.

Also, please review my letter below and advise if this would be sufficient. Thanks!
Your letter is fine.

Reactions: TomFury

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hi all,

Date: 26-Feb-2019

To Whom it may concern,

Subject: Letter of Explanation – Proof of Means of Financial Support

Dear Officer,

Kindly consider that as an applicant of the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) stream, I am not required to provide any proof of funds as per the CIC website: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29)

Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerely,

XXX

aman96preet

Jun 16, 2014
Isn't it simple and less risk to just include your current Employment reference letter, last 3 bank statements, credit card statements and a letter from Bank?
If you check the below link out, it mentions clearly that you don't need any proof of funds for CEC invitations. I mean, apart from an explanation letter, you can always attach relevant docs, but its not mandatory or asked for, I wouldn't waste time preparing or collecting those docs.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
If you check the below link out, it mentions clearly that you don't need any proof of funds for CEC invitations. I mean, apart from an explanation letter, you can always attach relevant docs, but its not mandatory or asked for, I wouldn't waste time preparing or collecting those docs.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29
you can do it if you are confident that your job offer is valid. In some instances the job offer can be turned out as Invalid (if there is no sufficient information, and it happened to my friend) and in such cases you definitely need to prove the funds, assuming you still have sufficient points to qualify even after invalid job offer.

This is the excerpt from the link you shared:
Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.

aman96preet

Jun 16, 2014
you can do it if you are confident that your job offer is valid. In some instances the job offer can be turned out as Invalid (if there is no sufficient information, and it happened to my friend) and in such cases you definitely need to prove the funds, assuming you still have sufficient points to qualify even after invalid job offer.

This is the excerpt from the link you shared:
Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.

just to avoid any confusion for anyone reading this; the above only applies if you claimed points for a job offer. In my case, I'm currently working in toronto since 2 years and require no job offer and hence no POF.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
just to avoid any confusion for anyone reading this; the above only applies if you claimed points for a job offer. In my case, I'm currently working in toronto since 2 years and require no job offer and hence no POF.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, My intention was for those who claimed points for valid job offer.

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018

Hi jes_ON,
May I seek your further advice on the same questions again. I was invited under CEC invitations and have a job offer in Alberta which requires a LMIA. Unfortunately my LMIA has been declined. Currently I am in my country filing the PR application and received the ITA in February 19.

My job offer is still valid and waiting for me, do you think I have to provide the Proof of Fund as I am currently NOT working in Alberta? and do you think my LMIA's decline will affect my PR applications? I am too worry about this issue. Appreciate your kind advice. Thank you in advance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

Correct me if I'm wrong.
LOL, OK, you are wrong. It applies if you are a CEC Candidate, OR if you have a valid job offer (e.g. under the FSW or FST class). If you are a candidate under the CEC class, you do not have to show proof of funds, regardless of whether you have a job offer or not.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi jes_ON,
May I seek your further advice on the same questions again. I was invited under CEC invitations and have a job offer in Alberta which requires a LMIA. Unfortunately my LMIA has been declined. Currently I am in my country filing the PR application and received the ITA in February 19.

My job offer is still valid and waiting for me, do you think I have to provide the Proof of Fund as I am currently NOT working in Alberta? and do you think my LMIA's decline will affect my PR applications? I am too worry about this issue. Appreciate your kind advice. Thank you in advance.

Since the LMIA was declined, you do not have a valid job offer. You are not eligible for the points for a valid job offer; if your ITA was based on having 50 points for a valid job offer, you have to deduct the 50 points and see if your CRS score is still above the cut off score for your draw. If not, you do not have a valid ITA.

If your CRS score is still good, no, you do not have to provide Proof of Funds if you were invited under CEC, regardless of where you are currently living.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Isn't it simple and less risk to just include your current Employment reference letter, last 3 bank statements, credit card statements and a letter from Bank?
No, that is much more complicated than writing a simple letter saying "I have been invited to apply under the CEC class, and therefore am exempt from the requirement to provide proof of funds." And it is much more risky to provide unnecessary information, than to provide exactly what IRCC requires.

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Oh, if that's the case, after deducting the job offer points,my crs is below the cut off score of my draw, so what should I do now? To decline or to continue?? Pls advise. Thanks