+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Proof of Funds requirement

valycarrolito

Aug 29, 2019
Hi all,

I am just writing to seek some guidance about the proof of funds requirement for CEC applicants.

I am at the point in my application where I received my ITA, completed the forms and now just need to upload the necessary documents before submitting.

One of the documents I am asked to attach is the Proof of Means of Financial Support documentation but as a CEC applicant, I know all I have to do is submit a letter saying something along the lines of 'that requirement doesn't apply to me".

However, I have been reading some threads where people just submit the letter and also attach their bank information. Would it be best to do both or should I just attach the letter alone?

Also, please review my letter below and advise if this would be sufficient. Thanks!

Date: 26-Feb-2019

To Whom it may concern,

Subject: Letter of Explanation – Proof of Means of Financial Support

Dear Officer,

Kindly consider that as an applicant of the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) stream, I am not required to provide any proof of funds as per the CIC website: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29)

Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerely,

XXX

valycarrolito

Aug 29, 2019
you can do it if you are confident that your job offer is valid. In some instances the job offer can be turned out as Invalid (if there is no sufficient information, and it happened to my friend) and in such cases you definitely need to prove the funds, assuming you still have sufficient points to qualify even after invalid job offer.

This is the excerpt from the link you shared:
Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.

I would advise you to sign and scan it.

Reactions: schi0301

ehloimolino21

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hello there,
Here is my situation:
I was in the pool under CEC but I didn’t have enough score so I wasn’t invited. Then I was invited by Alberta to apply for their EE stream and I got 600 points. Then I got AOR under PNP. At the moment (back in November 2018) I thought I was invited under CEC so I didn’t submit POF.
Last week, I reviewed my ITA and realized that I was wrong the whole time. However, they haven’t not requested me to submit POF but to prevent the future cause, I submitted CSE case to explain and told them I will submit POF asap. The officer said they appreciated me to inform them the missing documents, they advised me to submit it asap.
Then CIBC made it very difficult for me and now I wanna give up (just ignore it and not sending them POF).
What do you think will happen?!
we have the same situation...what did you do?what is your status?My POF is just the the snapshot of my account from RBC and a letter of explanation that I have valid job offer. Also RBC is giving me a hard time because it will be requested from the main office not in the branch and until now no official letter mail to me.thanks

Shrutivshah1

Nov 19, 2019
LOL, OK, you are wrong. It applies if you are a CEC Candidate, OR if you have a valid job offer (e.g. under the FSW or FST class). If you are a candidate under the CEC class, you do not have to show proof of funds, regardless of whether you have a job offer or not.

Not working due to pr and bowp rejected. Got ita and in the restoration period. Now I have to apply for pr

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hi,

When you filled out "How much money you plan to bring to Canada?" when you created EE profile, did you put 0? Thank you.
@jes_ON I have the same query. At the time of profile creation, should we put 0 for CEC applicants? or put $13,000 at profile creation stage and after receiving ITA, attach an explanation letter as you mentioned before for CEC invitations?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@jes_ON I have the same query. At the time of profile creation, should we put 0 for CEC applicants? or put $13,000 at profile creation stage and after receiving ITA, attach an explanation letter as you mentioned before for CEC invitations?
Doesn´t really matter. Both are OK. Some say if you put ZERO you won´t even be asked for the letter.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
we have the same situation...what did you do?what is your status?My POF is just the the snapshot of my account from RBC and a letter of explanation that I have valid job offer. Also RBC is giving me a hard time because it will be requested from the main office not in the branch and until now no official letter mail to me.thanks
How is CIBC making it difficult for you?

Irina_ua

Sep 4, 2019
I only uploaded a letter.My Aor was 9 Dec and i got Ppr feb 13.
did you have a job at that time? I was selected in the last draw under the CEC, I have 1 year of Canadian experience but by the time I received my ITA I didn't have a job because my work permit expired. Should I prof I have funds or just attach a letter?
Did you have a job at the time you applied under CEC?

MGR@2020

May 28, 2020
Hi All,

I have received the ITA in the Jun 11,2020 draw under CEC ,can you please help me to answer my below queries.
1. I have one year of Canadian work experience and currently working in India,so do I need to show "Proof of Funds" while submitting the PR application ?
2. In my express entry profile though I mentioned that i would bring minimum fund required for one person , so anything need to be updated in the profile again ,i mean should i make it zero for this question while submitting the PR ? Any thought ?

Many Thanks..

MGR@2020

May 28, 2020
If you received an ITA under CEC, you can set the funds to $0.

Alternatively, you can upload a letter to the POF slot that explains you were invited under CEC and thus do not need to provide proof of funds.
Thanks for your help :)

srinianurag90

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi, should we upload the letter of explanation in the proof of funds attachment or the client information attachment? Please help...