+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Proof of Funds requirement

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
No, that is much more complicated than writing a simple letter saying "I have been invited to apply under the CEC class, and therefore am exempt from the requirement to provide proof of funds." And it is much more risky to provide unnecessary information, than to provide exactly what IRCC requires.
I just included my bank statements and letter from Bank with available funds, because I did not want to take any risk with validation of my job offer. There was no impact on my application though.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Oh, if that's the case, after deducting the job offer points,my crs is below the cut off score of my draw, so what should I do now? To decline or to continue?? Pls advise. Thanks
If you are not eligible, then there is no point in applying. You should decline.

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
If you are not eligible, then there is no point in applying. You should decline.
I have checked my EE profile, actually they didn't even give me any point on my job offer/arranged employment.
So I think I am still eligible for my invitation. I don't want to lose a chance

Reactions: jes_ON

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I have checked my EE profile, actually they didn't even give me any point on my job offer/arranged employment.
So I think I am still eligible for my invitation. I don't want to lose a chance
Well then, if you ARE eligible, then you should apply : )

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
LOL, OK, you are wrong. It applies if you are a CEC Candidate, OR if you have a valid job offer (e.g. under the FSW or FST class). If you are a candidate under the CEC class, you do not have to show proof of funds, regardless of whether you have a job offer or not.
Now I realized where I mistook. You are correct, if there is no valid job and your points drop below cutoff score, then there is no point in submitting the application in first place. so, POF is not required if its CEC.

krupalis25

Sep 22, 2017
Hello All, I am in need of urgent help. Twice I filled out express entry profile and it showed me I am not eligible. I am confused because I have good IELTS score, ECA and two year diploma from Canadian public college. I have been working for a public institution for 1.5 years now. However the form asks me for "amount of funds" and I put like 2000 CAD since that is how much I have saved at the moment. I read on CIC website that if you have a canadian job, you need not show funds. Where am I going wrong ?? Please help me out.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hello All, I am in need of urgent help. Twice I filled out express entry profile and it showed me I am not eligible. I am confused because I have good IELTS score, ECA and two year diploma from Canadian public college. I have been working for a public institution for 1.5 years now. However the form asks me for "amount of funds" and I put like 2000 CAD since that is how much I have saved at the moment. I read on CIC website that if you have a canadian job, you need not show funds. Where am I going wrong ?? Please help me out.
What EE class are you trying in?

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
You may not required to worry about POF if your class is CEC and have a valid job. Can you double check whether you are selecting correct Job class and code?

kisakiu

Aug 9, 2016
I only uploaded a letter.My Aor was 9 Dec and i got Ppr feb 13.
Thank you for providing this valuable information. All my friends who got their PR submitted POF, I also asked an immigration agency and they said they ask all their clients to provide POF just so there is no risk, but cic website said clearly POF is not required for CEC, so it is really nice to know that people actually can get their PR without POF.

wontonwrap

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hello there,
Here is my situation:
I was in the pool under CEC but I didn’t have enough score so I wasn’t invited. Then I was invited by Alberta to apply for their EE stream and I got 600 points. Then I got AOR under PNP. At the moment (back in November 2018) I thought I was invited under CEC so I didn’t submit POF.
Last week, I reviewed my ITA and realized that I was wrong the whole time. However, they haven’t not requested me to submit POF but to prevent the future cause, I submitted CSE case to explain and told them I will submit POF asap. The officer said they appreciated me to inform them the missing documents, they advised me to submit it asap.
Then CIBC made it very difficult for me and now I wanna give up (just ignore it and not sending them POF).
What do you think will happen?!

schi0301

Jul 23, 2019
Hi all,

I am just writing to seek some guidance about the proof of funds requirement for CEC applicants.

I am at the point in my application where I received my ITA, completed the forms and now just need to upload the necessary documents before submitting.

One of the documents I am asked to attach is the Proof of Means of Financial Support documentation but as a CEC applicant, I know all I have to do is submit a letter saying something along the lines of 'that requirement doesn't apply to me".

However, I have been reading some threads where people just submit the letter and also attach their bank information. Would it be best to do both or should I just attach the letter alone?

Also, please review my letter below and advise if this would be sufficient. Thanks!

Date: 26-Feb-2019

To Whom it may concern,

Subject: Letter of Explanation – Proof of Means of Financial Support

Dear Officer,

Kindly consider that as an applicant of the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) stream, I am not required to provide any proof of funds as per the CIC website: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29)

Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerely,

XXX

Do I need to do the pledge for this letter?
Or find a lawyer to proof this letter is truth?
Thank you