+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Last year it was completely different, it doesn't mean that new applicants need to wait. Completely depends upon on luck and the case officer. If Last year it took around 18 months, this time max 5 to 6 months. Let's hope for the best. If you google, this year their target is 400000 Immigrants, so by December end they will complete the process. For Inland they are getting PR in 2 months, so for outland max 5 to 6 months. if everything goes good whether Inland or Outland will get PR's. Anything can happen, previously there is no vaccine and from last 2 months everyone are getting vaccinated. May be in future if Outland are fully vaccinated they can release COPR's. All the best we will wait and see how the rules will implement or modify by Canada for Outland people.
Before the pandemic average processing was 8 months. CEC Outland have been sidelined during the pandemic, along with other outland streams. It's true that those currently applying could still be processed within 6-8 months, but that's assuming they get back up to pre-pandemic capacity very quickly.

Those getting processed within 2 months are likely inland applicants that got ITA when the CRS dropped to 75. At that score an officer only needs to confirm language scores and that the individual has worked 1 year in Canada to meet CEC requirements. Then as soon as they're cleared by medical and security they can issue COPR.

Right now we just don't know, so better to err on the side of caution and have realistic expectations.

Reactions: MissyJ2

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Before the pandemic average processing was 8 months. CEC Outland have been sidelined during the pandemic, along with other outland streams. It's true that those currently applying could still be processed within 6-8 months, but that's assuming they get back up to pre-pandemic capacity very quickly.

Those getting processed within 2 months are likely inland applicants that got ITA when the CRS dropped to 75. At that score an officer only needs to confirm language scores and that the individual has worked 1 year in Canada to meet CEC requirements. Then as soon as they're cleared by medical and security they can issue COPR.

Right now we just don't know, so better to err on the side of caution and have realistic expectations.
Will see the luck.

UditDe

Apr 19, 2021
Hello All,

I'm CEC outland, AOR June 2020. Got married in June 2021, wishing to add my wife in my application, in this case are we supposed to show proof of funds. Have em ready regardless but in the last update they did mention an increase in proof of funds required. Should I be showing proof of funds as per the new rule? Can anyone help with this pls

SameerNazeer

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Hello All,

I'm CEC outland, AOR June 2020. Got married in June 2021, wishing to add my wife in my application, in this case are we supposed to show proof of funds. Have em ready regardless but in the last update they did mention an increase in proof of funds required. Should I be showing proof of funds as per the new rule? Can anyone help with this pls
Bro, i don't know if u are aware but if u add ur wife u might get stuck again with the process.

Reactions: UditDe

UditDe

Apr 19, 2021
Yeh I'm aware, it'll cause a delay but can't do anything about it, have to inform about my status change so might aswel add her

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Also like we are prepared to wait till Feb 2022, I dont think it'll be longer than that, well I hope it won't be longer than that
Brother now they will process CEC outland, if you add again it will take lot of time. I guess if you wait you will get PR and then you can sponsor....

tirumalasettyvikram

Apr 8, 2021
I am also CEC Outland applicant. ITA: Apr 1st, 2021. AOR: June 15th, 2021. Valid biometrics and upfront medical examination. No update since AOR. waiting for medical and biometric approval.

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
I am also CEC Outland applicant. ITA: Apr 1st, 2021. AOR: June 15th, 2021. Valid biometrics and upfront medical examination. No update since AOR. waiting for medical and biometric approval.
For Outland may be they will process Medicals 35 to 50 days. Inland they are processing in 2 weeks. Outland max 50 days as per the IMMI tracker.

Reactions: tirumalasettyvikram
Jul 10, 2021
Hi all, LONG time reader, first time poster. My partner and I received a positive update today and, as an outland applicant based in the UK with one dependent, also outland, I wanted to post my update to hopefully give other outland applicants waiting some hope that things must be moving.

AOR: 31 October 2020
Biometrics: 30 December 2020
PPR: 9 July 2021

I did not order GCMS notes, so I do not know any other details, sorry. Good luck to everyone, I wish you all the best in your journeys.
Congrats! Did the PPR email come from the UK or the office in Ottawa?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon Do you mean to say I just have to submit a webform with a letter explaining a job change ?

And there is no need to get a new work expereince letter with the required format ?

Do I have to put my offer letter along with the webform ?
Thanks a lot for your time man! _/\_
You only have to send a webform, there is no need to explain or any document.

Reactions: Tivativalu

vishnusk1995

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
For those applicants it says approved in the GCMS notes, what is your online account status showing regarding the background check and eligibility?