+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
It does seem to be the case based on what we know. They've continued to process CEC throughout the pandemic. Those Outland applications, or applicants with Outland dependents, that have been approved have been put in to hold groups like 'CN COVID RFV' until restrictions lift.

They have continued to update this page (choose 'Immigration' from the drop-down) with the date range that they are currently processing. As of now they are working through the applications from Sept 6-12, 2020.
That page is a joke. I am CEC applicant inside Canada, and no update since March. AOR July 2020

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
That page is a joke. I am CEC applicant inside Canada, and no update since March. AOR July 2020
I can't speak to your case, but this is generalised info and doesn't apply to all cases. Many before those dates are still waiting, while some after have received COPR. That may be due to case-specific issues. At the very least the dates they are currently working on would imply a processing time of 9-10 months.

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
I can't speak to your case, but this is generalised info and doesn't apply to all cases. Many before those dates are still waiting, while some after have received COPR. That may be due to case-specific issues. At the very least the dates they are currently working on would imply a processing time of 9-10 months.
They are focusing on the 2021 applicants instead. 2020 applicants are way passed the 6 months timeframe and they don’t care anymore

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
They are focusing on the 2021 applicants instead. 2020 applicants are way passed the 6 months timeframe and they don’t care anymore
The 2021 applicants getting COPR are CEC inland that got ITA in rediculously low draws like the draw with CRS at 75 in Jan.

To be approved with a score that low you just need minimum language requirements and 1 year Canadian experience.

The rest of us are beholden to the more intensive requirements of the high-400 draws of early 2020.

It sucks, but just because some 2021 are being processed doesn't mean 2020 aren't.

And, for you at least, you are already inland. The people in this thread can't even get back in to Canada atm. You can still live and work there. There's that silver-lining for you.

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
I don't think they've ever stopped processing CEC. In fact, IRCC decided to prioritise the CEC stream during the pandemic because 90% of applicants are already in Canada. That would imply CEC Outland is only 10%.

Many of us already know our applications have been processed and approved, but COPR have not been issued due to travel restrictions.
You mean to say that they will process the application via back end ? and will not have any updates until the travel ban.
If you check previous chat, they are not updating applications . One of my friend they haven't updated the application since July-2020, finally he received COPR.
May be for out land, they are not updating the status and proceeding from backend. It is completely depends upon the officer I guess.

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
I really hope that's the case. It's been taking too long to process those outland applications and people are frustrated by the limbo situations. There's no way to plan for their lives, moving out of their country, moving to Canada, renting houses, settling down, etc.
Yes, they need to complete for CEC outland. Until that we can't plan anything and everyone will be in confused state without any clarity.
Not sure what is the challenge. Even if they have the travel ban, they can issue COPR's for outland. Max 10% will be there entire outland and need to allow who are fully vaccinated. Canada is the only country not lifting the plan. They can ban the complete tourism and visitor visas if they want, but should not stop employees. Whatever it may be CEC Or FSW will not affect the country who are fully vaccinated

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
It does seem to be the case based on what we know. They've continued to process CEC throughout the pandemic. Those Outland applications, or applicants with Outland dependents, that have been approved have been put in to hold groups like 'CN COVID RFV' until restrictions lift.

They have continued to update this page (choose 'Immigration' from the drop-down) with the date range that they are currently processing. As of now they are working through the applications from Sept 6-12, 2020.
Sep-6th means, if they are having any complex applications or back dated. They already issues COPR for so many (Inland and OUtland) If you check like that April 2021 AOR will get COPR in next year April 2022 ???? My guess is that date is not refer to application date. In that case every one will get the COPR's after 2 years. Let say example if JULY AOR applicants, will they issue In Aug 2022 ??? This date is for their internal reference. If they process they will have huge backlogs and only Inland will have the PR's.

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
The 2021 applicants getting COPR are CEC inland that got ITA in rediculously low draws like the draw with CRS at 75 in Jan.

To be approved with a score that low you just need minimum language requirements and 1 year Canadian experience.

The rest of us are beholden to the more intensive requirements of the high-400 draws of early 2020.

It sucks, but just because some 2021 are being processed doesn't mean 2020 aren't.

And, for you at least, you are already inland. The people in this thread can't even get back in to Canada atm. You can still live and work there. There's that silver-lining for you.
Yes, we should not check the status with Inland applicants. Jan, Feb, March, April and May applicants from Inland already got COPR's. May be from July will see the luck of outland.

Reactions: Canex17

jimbo49874

Jul 10, 2021
Any idea what Processing Center handled your application?
Afraid not, sorry! The PPR letter came from the Canadian Embassy in the UK.

Congrats! Did the PPR email come from the UK or the office in Ottawa?
Thank you! It came from the UK Canadian Embassy in London, England. Everything has to now go through the VAC in London run by VFS.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
You mean to say that they will process the application via back end ? and will not have any updates until the travel ban.
If you check previous chat, they are not updating applications . One of my friend they haven't updated the application since July-2020, finally he received COPR.
May be for out land, they are not updating the status and proceeding from backend. It is completely depends upon the officer I guess.
We already know they have withheld COPR for outland applicants because of travel restrictions. Most of the people in this thread are approved and awaiting COPR for months, almost a year for some. They have continued processing through the pandemic, but CEC was prioritised because 90% of applicants are already inland. They still had limited capacity, and as of right now average processing time seems to be 9-10 months. That's just an average. Some will take longer, some will take shorter.

Yes, they need to complete for CEC outland. Until that we can't plan anything and everyone will be in confused state without any clarity.
Not sure what is the challenge. Even if they have the travel ban, they can issue COPR's for outland. Max 10% will be there entire outland and need to allow who are fully vaccinated. Canada is the only country not lifting the plan. They can ban the complete tourism and visitor visas if they want, but should not stop employees. Whatever it may be CEC Or FSW will not affect the country who are fully vaccinated
COPRs have an expiration date. Which is why they have continued issuing to inland applicants. Outland couldn't get in due to restrictions, which is why COPRs from early in the pandemic now have expired COPRs. The rest are being put in hold groups like COVID PACE, CN COVID RFV. They have started to allow in to COPR issued after March 18th 2020, but still gonna take time to get back to pre-pandemic capacity.
Sep-6th means, if they are having any complex applications or back dated. They already issues COPR for so many (Inland and OUtland) If you check like that April 2021 AOR will get COPR in next year April 2022 ???? My guess is that date is not refer to application date. In that case every one will get the COPR's after 2 years. Let say example if JULY AOR applicants, will they issue In Aug 2022 ??? This date is for their internal reference. If they process they will have huge backlogs and only Inland will have the PR's.
Sept 6-12 means the application batch they are currently working to finalise. That would be an average 9-10 month processing time. Pre-pandemic EE was 6 month average processing across all streams, but average for CEC was 8 months. They'll prob get back to 7-8 as capacity increases.

Yes, we should not check the status with Inland applicants. Jan, Feb, March, April and May applicants from Inland already got COPR's. May be from July will see the luck of outland.
Hopefully. Some Inland applicants are still experiencing their own delays, but hopefully with travel restrictions easing Outland will start to see some movement. Especially for those of us approved but in hold groups due to travel restrictions.

Mansi1504

Jul 14, 2021
Hello,

I applied for Express Entry - CEC Outland (India). My info is as follows:

-AOR March 22, 2021
-Medical passed April 10, 2021
-Biometrics completed April 10, 2021
-All stages passed, final decision pending.

Received 2 GU on 27th June 2021 and 11th July 2021.

How much time does it take to get the final decision on the application?
Since 27th June 2021, the final decision is pending on my application

Regards

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
Hello,

-AOR March 22, 2021

Regards
@Mansi1504 Wow! Looks like your application is moving super fast!. Wishing you all the best!
Did you apply for GCMS notes ? How did you get to know that all your stages are passed ?

Here a lot if us have been waiting since entire 2020. CEC Outland. There are more than few of us from India too.

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Hello,

-AOR March 22, 2021

Regards
Congrats. In 2 months they completed your application. I guess after the travel ban you will get COPR. Even one of my friend CEC outland India and UK two guy they completed everything in 50 Days. All the best .

Odeku55

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
05-11-2020
Med's Done....
11-12-2020
In the same boat, all stages passed since june 29th 2021. AoR nov 5th 2020
CEC outland. I'm just waiting for approval

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Hello,

-AOR March 22, 2021

Regards
Depends on travel restrictions, particularly current restrictions with India, and whatever delays/closures ade affecting the CPC handling your application. Alot of us having been waiting since Q1/Q2 2020, so who knows?

How do you know final decision is pending? GCMS notes?