+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
For those applicants it says approved in the GCMS notes, what is your online account status showing regarding the background check and eligibility?
All day today I have not been able to log into my account. but it usually says: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements and we are processing your background check.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
All day today I have not been able to log into my account. but it usually says: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements and we are processing your background check.
I've been having trouble logging in since Friday. Sometimes I can log in but it takes numerous attempts. Other times it just continually redirects to language selection page. I'd like to think it's them working on my application, but more likely it's just because the website is so terrible. :p

anukaran

Dec 21, 2014
I've been having trouble logging in since Friday. Sometimes I can log in but it takes numerous attempts. Other times it just continually redirects to language selection page. I'd like to think it's them working on my application, but more likely it's just because the website is so terrible. :p
The same was happening with me, but after multiple attempts, I got in. It is still the same status and no updates.

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
The same was happening with me, but after multiple attempts, I got in. It is still the same status and no updates.
Even same with me..Is this due to site issue or they are working on our application ??? After 3 to 4 attempts able to login..May be this is a ghost update not sure

SJCochrane6

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
For those applicants it says approved in the GCMS notes, what is your online account status showing regarding the background check and eligibility?
Also still no change “We are reviewing to see if you meet the eligibility requirements”.
Also my medicals would have expired back in May but no update there either

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
I'm kind of hoping that by next week we will see some new changes. I have a feeling that they will start doing FSW draws again next week which mostly are outland anyways. I saw that people in the pool waiting for FSW draw, they have to update their available funds amount by July 15th and usually that its updated in January of every year but this year they did it in July, and with the opening of the border, it kind of looks like it. So if they are starting FSW, they will have to find a way to ramp up all outland applications or else, they will have a huge backlog.

It is very inconsistent the way they are processing applications, I have friends who are inland and are waiting since march 2020. Meanwhile other inlands get approved within 2 months. I really hope they announce something regarding a timeline or give us some news to ease our minds. Its definitely frustrating not knowing when you will be able to go back.

SJCochrane6

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
I'm kind of hoping that by next week we will see some new changes. I have a feeling that they will start doing FSW draws again next week which mostly are outland anyways. I saw that people in the pool waiting for FSW draw, they have to update their available funds amount by July 15th and usually that its updated in January of every year but this year they did it in July, and with the opening of the border, it kind of looks like it. So if they are starting FSW, they will have to find a way to ramp up all outland applications or else, they will have a huge backlog.

It is very inconsistent the way they are processing applications, I have friends who are inland and are waiting since march 2020. Meanwhile other inlands get approved within 2 months. I really hope they announce something regarding a timeline or give us some news to ease our minds. Its definitely frustrating not knowing when you will be able to go back.
Yeah the unknown and living in limbo not being able to make plans is the hardest part. I’m curious to see if there will be any further ease of border restrictions on July 21.

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021

Yes for Inland they are processing in 2 months. Not sure what was the issue with CEC Outland. Their target for 2021 is 4 lakhs, when they will complete the back log. IMMI Tracker clearly stating that they are not processing out land applicants. If you check the trend they are completing the Medicals in 2 to 4 weeks max for Inland. For Outland till now I never saw the medicals who passed from April to July, They should work on both Inland and Outland, for Outland once the travel ban is lifted they they can issue COPR's for old and new applicants who are waiting.

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021

If they are going to start FSW from July, when they will process CEC Outland. In that there will be huge backlog.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
If they are going to start FSW from July, when they will process CEC Outland. In that there will be huge backlog.
I don't think they've ever stopped processing CEC. In fact, IRCC decided to prioritise the CEC stream during the pandemic because 90% of applicants are already in Canada. That would imply CEC Outland is only 10%.

Many of us already know our applications have been processed and approved, but COPR have not been issued due to travel restrictions.

Usagisan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
I don't think they've ever stopped processing CEC. In fact, IRCC decided to prioritise the CEC stream during the pandemic because 90% of applicants are already in Canada. That would imply CEC Outland is only 10%.

Many of us already know our applications have been processed and approved, but COPR have not been issued due to travel restrictions.
I really hope that's the case. It's been taking too long to process those outland applications and people are frustrated by the limbo situations. There's no way to plan for their lives, moving out of their country, moving to Canada, renting houses, settling down, etc.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
I really hope that's the case. It's been taking too long to process those outland applications and people are frustrated by the limbo situations. There's no way to plan for their lives, moving out of their country, moving to Canada, renting houses, settling down, etc.
It does seem to be the case based on what we know. They've continued to process CEC throughout the pandemic. Those Outland applications, or applicants with Outland dependents, that have been approved have been put in to hold groups like 'CN COVID RFV' until restrictions lift.

They have continued to update this page (choose 'Immigration' from the drop-down) with the date range that they are currently processing. As of now they are working through the applications from Sept 6-12, 2020.