+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2018 Applicants

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Those of you who received their ITA in October under Canadian Experience class and passed the medical as well, did any of you guys receive passport request or any further update?

aleurre

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Canada
App. Filed.......
01-09-2018
Doc's Request.
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
IELTS Request
05-09-2018
File Transfer...
11-10-2018
Med's Request
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
21-09-2018
Those of you who received their ITA in October under Canadian Experience class and passed the medical as well, did any of you guys receive passport request or any further update?
Still no update since Nov 9.

skaur78620

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
ITA - Oct 03rd
AOR - Oct 30th
MEP - November 26th

The wait continues....

Hi there,

I got ITA today, so have a question

how much time they will take to give AOR after I submit PR application. Cuz my permit is expiring soon, so I was thinking about OBWP(Open Bridge Work Permit) as an option.

I'd really appreciate your time and all your replies would be really helpful for me.

90'skid

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Hi there,

I got ITA today, so have a question

how much time they will take to give AOR after I submit PR application. Cuz my permit is expiring soon, so I was thinking about OBWP(Open Bridge Work Permit) as an option.

I'd really appreciate your time and all your replies would be really helpful for me.
Immediately you submit your application or within 24hrs of submission

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Thanks for replying. And will I be able to work on OBWP legally?
Yes. You can, as long as you don't leave Canada ( whatever the reason might be). If you do, then when you're coming back, you wont be legally allowed to work. So unto BOWP gets approved , make sure not to leave Canada for any reason. I'm waiting for my BOWP to get approved as well, as well as waiting for PR.

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
ITA - 15th Oct. 2018
AOR - 29th Oct. 2018
Medicals - 28th Nov. 2018

CEC Inland - CRS 526.

Does anyone know what stage this is?

skaur78620

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Yes. You can, as long as you don't leave Canada ( whatever the reason might be). If you do, then when you're coming back, you wont be legally allowed to work. So unto BOWP gets approved , make sure not to leave Canada for any reason. I'm waiting for my BOWP to get approved as well, as well as waiting for PR.

Thanks for replying :) but my lawyer is making me scared thet my OBWP will not get approved.

My Permit is expiring on 10th Dec.
I have ITA but not the medical yet.
I mean, I may get all the documents ready and submit it before 10th Dec and if gets AOR within 24 hours , can apply for OBWP.
But my lawyer is saying there are less chances of getting OBWP approved and she is pushing me in the LMIA process.

I just don't know what to do in either case.
Do you have any suggestion please

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Thanks for replying :) but my lawyer is making me scared thet my OBWP will not get approved.
Wont be approved based on what? What's her point?

ITA is not enough. You need AOR (that is, you need to submit your file and pay for your PR application). you NEED the AOR to apply for BOWP, otherwise you cant apply for it.

Here's what you need to do.
A) Apply for PR, pay the fees and get the AOR.
B) Apply for BOWP using the AOR you got from step 1.
As for medical, i believe you can even take it AFTER applying for BOWP. But you still have 10 days for that so dont fret about it. Just apply for PR asap to receive AOR.

movais

Sep 10, 2018

My Permit is expiring on 10th Dec.
I have ITA but not the medical yet.
I mean, I may get all the documents ready and submit it before 10th Dec and if gets AOR within 24 hours , can apply for OBWP.
But my lawyer is saying there are less chances of getting OBWP approved and she is pushing me in the LMIA process.

I just don't know what to do in either case.
Do you have any suggestion please
Your lawyer is right, your PR application needs to pass the first check stage to be eligible for Bridge Work Permit. That is usually passed after they have verified Medicals, can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks once you submit your PR application(After AOR).