+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2018 Applicants

Joel19891

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018

They seem to be processing CEC Inland again after no movement in January/February (or so it would seem) so hopefully you'll hear soon :)

Good luck!

Reactions: Johnkhuwaja

hpsingh

Aug 5, 2013
Same boat here !Aor 28 Oct only med pass since nov 27 called cic yesterday nothing else started yet
VO Calgary
hi everyone,
i recently order the notes
I notice that my file was transferred to cpc edmonton from cpc ottawa
would that affect my processing time and potentially making it pass the 6 month mark?

Aor - OCt 16
Medical passed - Nov 14
havent received any ghost update

Eligibility Not started
Security not started
Medical passed
Criminality In progress

i saw in the notes that criminality is recommended to pass. but they havent touch my file since november 17 2018.
What should i do?

Rudra@5593

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hello all,

My AOR Is 4th October 2018, I called CIC today for asking my file status, and they advised that my background check is complete, eligibility still in review and security not started. Agent was nice and she told me that this status are normal you might will get final update before 4th of April.

Reactions: livinmanniac

Rudra@5593

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hello all,

My AOR Is 4th October 2018, I called CIC today for asking my file status, and they advised that my background check is complete, eligibility still in review and security not started. Agent was nice and she told me that this status are normal you might will get final update before 4th of April.

Also what is background check? If anybody has any idea

livinmanniac

Jun 6, 2018
Hello all,

We are in the same boat. Exactly the same.

Last edited:

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
AOR: Oct 17
Called CIC: They told me that due to high number of applicants your application MAY take longer than six months. Maximum would be early August.
I am thinking to order gcms notes if someone can help me please how can I order them?
Thanks!

stavic07

Jul 31, 2017
Hi,
I'm inland application.
AOR : Oct 31st.
PPR: 2 weeks ago
My passport is on its way back.
Just wanted some update for people with similar timeline.

Reactions: sumylili

Janab1234

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Called CIC: They told me that due to high number of applicants your application MAY take longer than six months. Maximum would be early August.
I am thinking to order gcms notes if someone can help me please how can I order them?
Thanks!
Whats your application status now which stages are cleared?

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Thanks!
That's just unacceptable. First they tell us maximum six months then they keep increasing the time.....

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Hi,
I'm inland application.
AOR : Oct 31st.
PPR: 2 weeks ago
My passport is on its way back.
Just wanted some update for people with similar timeline.
Congratulations!! Did you have any dependents?

Also, did you order their notes when your case was in process?

Janab1234

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
That's just unacceptable. First they tell us maximum six months then they keep increasing the time.....
They same thing they said to me but they did not mention how much more time it is going to take I had eligibilty criminality and info sharing compeled but security has not started