+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2018 Applicants

Loz24601

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
CEC
I have just managed to get through to an agent to get an update on my application.

CIC Inland
AOR 22nd Oct
IP2 - last week or before

They told me:

Visa office is Ottawa
Criminality in progress (started 21st Nov)
Security not yet started

He said as I have requested the GCMS notes it can delay any updates to my file, as they have to stop progress until the notes have been prepared and sent. I did ask if my file has approval in principle, but he said that isn't stated on my account. So I am concerned there is something wrong as it seems a lot of people who posted here said they have approval in principle or eligibility recommended. Is this bad??

Sapphire Blue

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
well he was trying to instruct me that the online information on my profile is the most updated one so I told him that's not true because my GCSM notes give me more details meaning the online system is just a dummy system. So, he then dragged the topic in a wrong direction and behaved as if he was some police officer asking me agree on what he's saying.....
Lol oh wow

Dothillion

Mar 12, 2019
First time here, I’m having issues concerning what to do next. Applied for PR with spousal dependent in October, discovered his brother entered the country as a refugee via US. A month later he and his family’s visas got revoked because his sister stayed in the US for 6 months. I honestly dunno what else to do. Sad part is I recently just found out about all these. ITA was oct.

Metalhead_666

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Spoke to cic today
Oct 19 aor
Everything is compelte except security which has not started at all yet anyone else with the same timeline?
Same boat as you! However, I spoke to an agent yesterday, they said that my background is currently under process. She also told me that my VO is Edmonton which is interesting because the GCMS notes that I received in the first week of March said that my Primary VO is Ottawa and Secondary is Vegerville.

Janab1234

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Same boat as you! However, I spoke to an agent yesterday, they said that my background is currently under process. She also told me that my VO is Edmonton which is interesting because the GCMS notes that I received in the first week of March said that my Primary VO is Ottawa and Secondary is Vegerville.
They told me mine has not started even yet

Bonnie07

Nov 30, 2018
Hi guys,

Do you thinking raising your voice on the call with customer service can impact my application? I called in today to get an update on my application, but the call agent was rude to me. I just said the online system is not up to date because I can see different and latest information on my GCMS notes. On that he started being rude to me and I couldn't control my anger as well.

As a normal procedure of their call center, he was putting down notes from our conversation. So I'm not sure if that's gonna hurt my application.

Any opinions?
Hey, I don’t think so.
I just got off the phone with CIC and I asked them if they could make a note to say why I had called as I’m having difficulty submission documents and am anxious of the deadline passing. The advisor told me they can make a note to say that I called, but cannot say why or include any other information.

1971yeg

Feb 8, 2019
Hey guys,
I received a ghost update today. No emails, just my application status showed "Application Updated", but there was no change in the system, still showed "in-progress". Any idea what this might mean?

livinmanniac

Jun 6, 2018
Hey guys,
I received a ghost update today. No emails, just my application status showed "Application Updated", but there was no change in the system, still showed "in-progress". Any idea what this might mean?
It means officer is looking into your profile. I had a ghost update 2 weeks back. I believe my background check was completed. But still no changes in my profile.
Hope for the best.

1971yeg

Feb 8, 2019
It means officer is looking into your profile. I had a ghost update 2 weeks back. I believe my background check was completed. But still no changes in my profile.
Hope for the best.

Thanks! Had they requested a Canadian criminal clearance certificate from you? I only provided my country of origin's Criminal certificate and was told that CIC will contact me during the processing to request that.
Currently, my background check is still being shown as in progress

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
PPR received.

Timeline -
CEC Inland.
AOR - Oct 19th
Applicant + Spouse (In India).
MEP - Nov 15
IP2 - Nov 16
ADR (RCMP PCC) - Nov 16
ADR Submitted - Jan 07th

Eligibility - Recommended Pass since Nov/Dec as per GCMS Notes.

Ghost Update 1 - Feb 27th (Spoke to CIC agent, said Criminality Passed, Security - Not Started)
Ghost Update 2 - March 12th (Probably Security Passed, File/Application Approved)

PPR - March 13th (4.34AM MST)

Total No of Days from AOR to PPR - 145 Days.

Spoke to CIC agents every two weeks from Jan 20th Onward. Eligibility was Recommended Pass. Criminality Passed on Feb 27th. Security Passed/File Approved on March 12th.

Thank you everyone for support & guidance. Be positive, PPR soon for all :)

That's all folks!

Charlie123456

Dec 20, 2017
hi everyone,
i recently order the notes
I notice that my file was transferred to cpc edmonton from cpc ottawa
would that affect my processing time and potentially making it pass the 6 month mark?

Aor - OCt 16
Medical passed - Nov 14
havent received any ghost update

Eligibility Not started
Security not started
Medical passed
Criminality In progress

i saw in the notes that criminality is recommended to pass. but they havent touch my file since november 17 2018.
What should i do?

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Spoke to cic today
Oct 19 aor
Everything is compelte except security which has not started at all yet anyone else with the same timeline?
Same. Apparently friend of mine applied under LMI catagory and submitted his documents in November got his passport request last Friday. It's a funny world my friend!!

jaini12

Mar 5, 2019
Can anyone tell me if i did right or not. I am confused.
I updated my email address after PPR. My passport got printed but not dispatched yet. at this point i updated my email address.. previous email address was consultant's email.

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
PPR received.

Timeline -
CEC Inland.
AOR - Oct 19th
Applicant + Spouse (In India).
MEP - Nov 15
IP2 - Nov 16
ADR (RCMP PCC) - Nov 16
ADR Submitted - Jan 07th

Eligibility - Recommended Pass since Nov/Dec as per GCMS Notes.

Ghost Update 1 - Feb 27th (Spoke to CIC agent, said Criminality Passed, Security - Not Started)
Ghost Update 2 - March 12th (Probably Security Passed, File/Application Approved)

PPR - March 13th (4.34AM MST)

Total No of Days from AOR to PPR - 145 Days.

Spoke to CIC agents every two weeks from Jan 20th Onward. Eligibility was Recommended Pass. Criminality Passed on Feb 27th. Security Passed/File Approved on March 12th.

Thank you everyone for support & guidance. Be positive, PPR soon for all :)

That's all folks!
That's awesome Mandeep. Enjoy the good news bro!!!!!

Reactions: mandeep000