CEC October 2018 Applicants

Loz24601

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
CEC
hi everyone,
i recently order the notes
I notice that my file was transferred to cpc edmonton from cpc ottawa
would that affect my processing time and potentially making it pass the 6 month mark?

Aor - OCt 16
Medical passed - Nov 14
havent received any ghost update

Eligibility Not started
Security not started
Medical passed
Criminality In progress

i saw in the notes that criminality is recommended to pass. but they havent touch my file since november 17 2018.
What should i do?
This is the same for me, but I am 6 days later than you (AOR 22nd Oct). Honestly, there is nothing we can do. It is so frustrating, I know, as so many people have got their PPR, or have their eligibility as recommended passed. I am unsure whether the "ghost updates" are actually performed by a person, or whether this is done automatically after a certain amount of time. Your processing time, from what I understand, is dependent on two factors; your own case, and the officer handling it. If you have a straight forward case, with no errors and everything is perfect, but your case worker is on vacation, has a load of tricky cases, or your countries authorities are slow to respond, it could take months to complete. We need to not dwell too much on this, and try and sit tight. All we can do is be patient and wait, which is so difficult!

Purvesh123

Mar 13, 2019
Hello Folks,

I am following CEC thread since when...

Now, Can a international student with done 4 yr Bachelor in India and done 1+1 yr course in Canada Ontario with canadian experience of 13 months or 1560/yr , No expirence in India apply for CEC? "Here time is the concern"

But main concern is having just 2 yr PGWP and from which 13 months went in job exp and 3 months in job finding. So only having 6-7 months inhand before PGWP expires , so in that time frame can a student becomes PR ?

Is 2 years of PGWP sufficient for getting a PR or 3 yrs is required?

NOTE:- Excluding the choice of applying for BOWP

Sudheej

Nov 4, 2017
Best of luck to everyone who is waiting like me !
I have two questions

1. What is ghost update where to find the words "application updated" in the profile.
2. I got to know from my friend that sydney and vancouver VO can delay the application significantly minimum 8 months. Is that true.

My status
AOR OCT 26
MEP NOV 26
IP2 since Nov 26

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Hello Folks,

I am following CEC thread since when...

Now, Can a international student with done 4 yr Bachelor in India and done 1+1 yr course in Canada Ontario with canadian experience of 13 months or 1560/yr , No expirence in India apply for CEC? "Here time is the concern"

But main concern is having just 2 yr PGWP and from which 13 months went in job exp and 3 months in job finding. So only having 6-7 months inhand before PGWP expires , so in that time frame can a student becomes PR ?

Is 2 years of PGWP sufficient for getting a PR or 3 yrs is required?

NOTE:- Excluding the choice of applying for BOWP
Depends upon the CRS score for Express Entry. For CEC you need minimum 12 months of work experience. Not sure about other programs. Kindly check your score.

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Crs score will be around 467!! Is that ok?
YES. Last draw cut-off was 454. If you have already completed 12 months of work in Canada or about to, You'll need to create a Express Entry Application and submit your application ASAP. If you get invited and submit the application then you can also apply for BOWP. It all depends on your CRS score, if your score right now is 467 then you can submit your EE application for PR.

Purvesh123

Mar 13, 2019
YES. Last draw cut-off was 454. If you have already completed 12 months of work in Canada or about to, You'll need to create a Express Entry Application and submit your application ASAP. If you get invited and submit the application then you can also apply for BOWP. It all depends on your CRS score, if your score right now is 467 then you can submit your EE application for PR.

For BOWP ITA is required or AOR
if AOR than how much time it will take ?
Or What is the proof needed to apply BOWP and how much time will it take after submission?

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
For BOWP ITA is required or AOR
if AOR than how much time it will take ?
Or What is the proof needed to apply BOWP and how much time will it take after submission?
AOR, I am not sure how much time it will take, check other threads for the same. I got AOR on the same day I submitted my application, it can take up to a month in some cases. AOR is required proof for BOWP, & BOWP needs to be applied 4 months for Work Permit's expiry date. Check other threads and CIC website for more info.

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
Hi guys,

Does anyone have VO Winnipeg, Manitoba?

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
29 days down to 6 months. No UPDATES after medical passed. Can someone please tell me how can I speak with a Cic agent? I tried 3 4 1 0 last two times and they helped me out but I called them today (the third time) and they mentioned that I am on the wrong line; we don’t have access to your application. Really???Anyways please help me out to find out Which keys I have to press to talk to a Cic agent regarding my PR application. Thanks in advance.

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
29 days down to 6 months. No UPDATES after medical passed. Can someone please tell me how can I speak with a Cic agent? I tried 3 4 1 0 last two times and they helped me out but I called them today (the third time) and they mentioned that I am on the wrong line; we don’t have access to your application. Really???Anyways please help me out to find out Which keys I have to press to talk to a Cic agent regarding my PR application. Thanks in advance.
35 days to go. It's getting close but at the same I'm worried as there has been no ghost or any kind of update on my profile since Januray 2019. I guess my security is still not started...

Joel19891

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Best of luck to everyone who is waiting like me !
I have two questions

1. What is ghost update where to find the words "application updated" in the profile.
2. I got to know from my friend that sydney and vancouver VO can delay the application significantly minimum 8 months. Is that true.

My status
AOR OCT 26
MEP NOV 26
IP2 since Nov 26
I was AOR Oct 19th and MEP Nov 19th, so you're only slightly behind me by a week and I got PPR email March 7th (got final approval on my application today/yesterday) so hopefully you shouldn't be too far behind.

I did get a ghost update / application updated status shown on my PR application on your CIC dashboard (it for the most part just says Submitted). My application switched to Updated on March 6th and the PPR email came through around 7:30am on March 7th.

No idea about Vancouver office, mine was in Ottawa.

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
I was AOR Oct 19th and MEP Nov 19th, so you're only slightly behind me by a week and I got PPR email March 7th (got final approval on my application today/yesterday) so hopefully you shouldn't be too far behind.

I did get a ghost update / application updated status shown on my PR application on your CIC dashboard (it for the most part just says Submitted). My application switched to Updated on March 6th and the PPR email came through around 7:30am on March 7th.

No idea about Vancouver office, mine was in Ottawa.
Did you apply under CEC inland?