17-03-2016
LANDED..........
3rd week Apr
I just joined this group as well guys !

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
msingh199 said:
Just got approval email to this group ,what's next ?
This group is to collate all people Aug/Sept/Oct 2014 CEC applicants and make an unified effort either to CIC or Immigration minister. I live in Thorn Hill and I'm not too far from the office of McCallum in Thorn Hill. I would like to take an appointment for meeting the minister. If that it denied we need a petition (the least) to bring to the notice of the minister. Even if that doesn't work, we may have to assemble and protest before his office, whenever he happens to be in his constituency

Co-ordinating this across Aug/Sept/Oct or even before applicants is difficult considering the various groups we belong to under Canadavisa

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MridulSharma said:
This group is to collate all people Aug/Sept/Oct 2014 CEC applicants and make an unified effort either to CIC or Immigration minister. I live in Thorn Hill and I'm not too far from the office of McCallum in Thorn Hill. I would like to take an appointment for meeting the minister. If that it denied we need a petition (the least) to bring to the notice of the minister. Even if that doesn't work, we may have to assemble and protest before his office, whenever he happens to be in his constituency

Co-ordinating this across Aug/Sept/Oct or even before applicants is difficult considering the various groups we belong to under Canadavisa
Sounds good to me. Please people help this gentleman. I hope you get an appointment soon.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MridulSharma said:

what do you mean when you say 'protest' ?

protest would not be a good idea, as pr is just a privilege. it would be better if we just peacefully request to process our pending files or at least give us some transparency about the status or a definite timeline to get the final results.

yezz

Dec 9, 2015
I am frustrated with the fact that the processing time keeps on increasing, but what bothered me more is that i have no transparency on the process and the reason why the processing time is prolonged :(

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
yezz said:
I am frustrated with the fact that the processing time keeps on increasing, but what bothered me more is that i have no transparency on the process and the reason why the processing time is prolonged :(
Because CIC isn't working on it, obviously.
Probably due to personnel and resources were transfered to EE applications to meet 6 months process time.

Since EE works I saw my friends had his applications done faster, but my September 2014 CEC application still stuck....

Kinda frustrating, agreed!

But the solution, for me, was apply trhough EE, it's working faster.

yezz

Dec 9, 2015
Gregor.Samsa said:
Because CIC isn't working on it, obviously.
Probably due to personnel and resources were transfered to EE applications to meet 6 months process time.

Since EE works I saw my friends had his applications done faster, but my September 2014 CEC application still stuck....

Kinda frustrating, agreed!

But the solution, for me, was apply trhough EE, it's working faster.
Yeah I am thinking about that too but they mentioned that they were doing my background check so I am not sure how far that is from complete if i withdraw now. When did you apply for EE and have you received it already?

Thanks!

ramrad

Sep 11, 2014
Pearl1 said:
what do you mean when you say 'protest' ?

protest would not be a good idea, as pr is just a privilege. it would be better if we just peacefully request to process our pending files or at least give us some transparency about the status or a definite timeline to get the final results.
I agree with Pearl1.

Yes, we are all frustrated, worried about our future and desperate to get this sorted out. But, I agree PR is a privilege and we cannot protest as if the snow on the roads are not cleared.

We should definitely take up our concerns, highlight the humanitarian impact of it, and bring it up with the Minister. At the same time, we should not be comparing in any way to other priorities the government may be having - say Express Entry, or refugee crisis or family PRs, however justified we may think our plight is.

We can back that up with an online petition.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
yezz said:
Yeah I am thinking about that too but they mentioned that they were doing my background check so I am not sure how far that is from complete if i withdraw now. When did you apply for EE and have you received it already?

Thanks!
I'm CEC September 2014 applicant, AOR February 2015 and nothing else yet.

EE on October, 2015, passport requested on January 2016, is not finished yet but is close.

Looks like some CEC August 2014 applicants are receiving MR after 17 months, I don't know if at this point cab be useful to apply through EE, but I was thinking the same when I created my profile in August 2015.

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
ramrad said:
I agree with Pearl1.

Yes, we are all frustrated, worried about our future and desperate to get this sorted out. But, I agree PR is a privilege and we cannot protest as if the snow on the roads are not cleared.

We should definitely take up our concerns, highlight the humanitarian impact of it, and bring it up with the Minister. At the same time, we should not be comparing in any way to other priorities the government may be having - say Express Entry, or refugee crisis or family PRs, however justified we may think our plight is.

We can back that up with an online petition.
Please call McCallum office 905 479 8100.

We got to make mass calls to John McCallum office and let them know the plight fo CEC-2014 applicants. I was talking to somebody in his office at Thorn Hill over phone and the lady was talking BS - She says "isn't there a link or post on CIC web-site asking al CEC 2014 applicants to re-apply under EE."

I asked her, who is go to spend another 1000$ on fees, IELTS scores and police checks etc., Please, Please make calls and tell her that CEC 2014 timelines are ridiculous. Atleast she will try to get the facts

FNMEFNME

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
MridulSharma said:
Please call McCallum office 905 479 8100.

We got to make mass calls to John McCallum office and let them know the plight fo CEC-2014 applicants. I was talking to somebody in his office at Thorn Hill over phone and the lady was talking BS - She says "isn't there a link or post on CIC web-site asking al CEC 2014 applicants to re-apply under EE."

I asked her, who is go to spend another 1000$ on fees, IELTS scores and police checks etc., Please, Please make calls and tell her that CEC 2014 timelines are ridiculous. Atleast she will try to get the facts
i am kind of worried now. after a lot of phone call, it might drive the staff in John McCallum office crazy, and then all old CEC was cancelled and was asked to apply through EE, which is bad to me since my EE score is quite low now......I am so scared.

marmaht

Dec 14, 2014
Alberta, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
Decision made: 26-02-2016 (waiting for an email/letter from CIC to know the decision)
VISA ISSUED...
From a visa exempt country
LANDED..........
20-04-2016 (Edmonton CIC office)
I just saw this article and thought you might be interested, even though it's mostly for the FSW category:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/temporary-foreign-worker-reforms-immigration-chamber-report-1.3403375

shdmfgus

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept-25-2014
AOR Received.
Feb-05-2015
Med's Request
Mar-03-2016
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt Country
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-06-2016
marmaht said:
I just saw this article and thought you might be interested, even though it's mostly for the FSW category:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/temporary-foreign-worker-reforms-immigration-chamber-report-1.3403375
Thank you for the link. I went through the article and comments, there are some hurtful comments towards foreign workers by Canadians (like going back to homeland, taking our jobs blahblah) don't read them lol

nuke noodles

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CEC filed 09-22-2014
Nomination.....
PNP filed 01-2014, nominated 06-2015. EE-ITA 01-2016
AOR Received.
CEC-AOR 02-04-2015, EE-AOR 02-2016
Med's Done....
EE Medical Passed 02-2016. ECAS MER 03-14-2016.
Passport Req..
PPR 2016-04-06, DM 2016-04-08
VISA ISSUED...
2016-04-12
LANDED..........
2016-05-22
shdmfgus said:
Thank you for the link. I went through the article and comments, there are some hurtful comments towards foreign workers by Canadians (like going back to home, taking our jobs blahblah) don't read them lol
Good to know what "native Canadians" truly think who we are. What I don't understand in many years though, is where did these "native Canadians" got their arrogance and superiority over foreigners from. I believe when we are working on NOC 0,A,B jobs, we're a lot more educated and wealthier than average of Canadian born people. Many of them don't actually have what we have - high salary, job security and good lifestyle. Then, they always had the thinking of "Canada is one of the best countries, and you foreigners intended to immigrate to Canada coz your own country must suck". "Canadians should get the job first (just because being Canadian)" Just what's going on in their minds, what's the logic, when they think this way?
Doubt people from the USA would think the same way for foreign workers as Canadians do.