+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2014 Applicants

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
FNMEFNME said:
i am kind of worried now. after a lot of phone call, it might drive the staff in John McCallum office crazy, and then all old CEC was cancelled and was asked to apply through EE, which is bad to me since my EE score is quite low now......I am so scared.
They just cannot cancel CEC-2014, just because they are getting many calls. We paid our fees and invested in the process and they just can't throw the CEC-2014 applicants. Instead, they would "really" know the plight of CEC-2014 applicants and may be we have chance to voice our concerns to John McCallum

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
FNMEFNME said:
i am kind of worried now. after a lot of phone call, it might drive the staff in John McCallum office crazy, and then all old CEC was cancelled and was asked to apply through EE, which is bad to me since my EE score is quite low now......I am so scared.
No reason to cancel CEC applications, that's not true.
CEC is terrible slow but still working, some people is receiving MR after all.

Please, keep calm an stay sharp.
You can try EE, probably is faster

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuke noodles said:
Good to know what "native Canadians" truly think who we are. What I don't understand in many years though, is where did these "native Canadians" got their arrogance and superiority over foreigners from. I believe when we are working on NOC 0,A,B jobs, we're a lot more educated and wealthier than average of Canadian born people. Many of them don't actually have what we have - high salary, job security and good lifestyle. Then, they always had the thinking of "Canada is one of the best countries, and you foreigners intended to immigrate to Canada coz your own country must suck". "Canadians should get the job first (just because being Canadian)" Just what's going on in their minds, what's the logic, when they think this way?
Doubt people from the USA would think the same way for foreign workers as Canadians do.
lol ,,, i wonder where did these native people originated from ... :D

i am pretty sure their ancestors immigrated too :D :p

vikrantcanada

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP 30-03-2015. T4 and NOA for 2014 16-03-2016. RCMP (2nd time) 31-03-2016
AOR Received.
12-2-2015
Med's Done....
15-3-2016 (Upfront)
Interview........
RPRF 6-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
07-05-2016
Hello

Just got my GCMS notes

Eligibility - Blank
Criminality- In progress
Security- Blank

Due date is 12-feb-2016
The last activity was on 14-april-2105 when they updated my RCMP certificate.

nuke noodles

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CEC filed 09-22-2014
Nomination.....
PNP filed 01-2014, nominated 06-2015. EE-ITA 01-2016
AOR Received.
CEC-AOR 02-04-2015, EE-AOR 02-2016
Med's Done....
EE Medical Passed 02-2016. ECAS MER 03-14-2016.
Passport Req..
PPR 2016-04-06, DM 2016-04-08
VISA ISSUED...
2016-04-12
LANDED..........
2016-05-22
Pearl1 said:
lol ,,, i wonder where did these native people originated from ... :D

i am pretty sure their ancestors immigrated too :D :p
These are far away from this thread topic but well ...
These "native" people forgot where their heritage are originally from. It's funny and annoying at the same time to see how these racist people, who might have much lower income and lower levels of career than us, are looking down at us.
Once a I argued with a presumably white Canadian on Internet comments about why Canada should have foreign workers, his argument was somewhat like "you foreigner's English are BAD for your jobs". Then my response was "why don't you drag a bunch of homeless Canadian people from DT Vancouver to do my job, they speak PERFECT English right?" :p

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt - Decision Made: 02/09/2016
nuke noodles said:
These are far away from this thread topic but well ...
These "native" people forgot where their heritage are originally from. It's funny and annoying at the same time to see how these racist people, who might have much lower income and lower levels of career than us, are looking down at us.
Once a I argued with a presumably white Canadian on Internet comments about why Canada should have foreign workers, his argument was "you foreigner's English are BAD for your jobs". Then my response was "why don't you drag a bunch of homeless people from DT Vancouver to do my job, they speak PERFECT English right?" :p
I don't think you realize how hypocritical you are being by saying such things. I am Canadian, and my boyfriend is an immigrant. Not all Canadians are like that, don't judge us if you don't expect to be judged in return.

canadacec1234

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
2172-2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jan-2016 (PCC)
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2014
Med's Request
21-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
29-Jan-2016 Med's Rec'd....: 08-Feb-2016 RPRF Request.: 25-Feb-2016 RPRF Paid......: 25-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
02-Mar-2016 Passport Rec'd: 21-Mar-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
25-Mar-2016
j.lynnbrant1987 said:
I don't think you realize how hypocritical you are being by saying such things. I am Canadian, and my boyfriend is an immigrant. Not all Canadians are like that, don't judge us if you don't expect to be judged in return.
Well said lynn

nuke noodles

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CEC filed 09-22-2014
Nomination.....
PNP filed 01-2014, nominated 06-2015. EE-ITA 01-2016
AOR Received.
CEC-AOR 02-04-2015, EE-AOR 02-2016
Med's Done....
EE Medical Passed 02-2016. ECAS MER 03-14-2016.
Passport Req..
PPR 2016-04-06, DM 2016-04-08
VISA ISSUED...
2016-04-12
LANDED..........
2016-05-22
j.lynnbrant1987 said:
Don't be offended, not sayin' all Canadians are like that in any of my context, but just sayin' there is a good portion of them. By assuming me being hypocritical and me referring to all Canadians in context you're showing how sensitive and upset you are in this discussion.
You being a Canadian with a foreign bf may also be the reason that you have more understanding of foreigner's situation in Canada.
Yes, I had known many Canadians who expressed empathy and supports in my situation. At my job I have received numerous support from my Canadian colleagues while I apply PR. Also my boss who is Canadian with Scottish background has expressed concerns on how low-efficient CIC is in processing my PR, and concerns in general foreign worker's condition in Canada.
However you can't deny there are a good potion of insecure and hypocritical Canadians who love to condemn foreigners in Canada for their failures themselves and unfavorable situations in life. Many of them just love to it on Internet and somehow felt secure behind a computer screen. What are they really proud about and are afraid of? Isn't it all comes down to highly qualified foreigners are taking good careers and resources in Canada, leaving them as local Canadians unable to achieve the same level, and somehow they realize Oh I am local Canadian so Canada must consider me first - let's forget about the rule of hiring by candidate's merit. It doesn't work this way until the LMIA comes in play, but oh well I guess being a foreigner in Canada these are things I can not avoid. Don't know about situations in other Western countries, and would like to study how Canada compares to them.

<No means to deviate from this thread topic; admin please delete posts if needed.>

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
nuke noodles said:
Don't be offended, not sayin' all Canadians are like that in any of my context, but just sayin' there is a good portion of them. By assuming me being hypocritical and me referring to all Canadians in context you're showing how sensitive and upset you are in this discussion.
You being a Canadian with a foreign bf may also be the reason that you have more understanding of foreigner's situation in Canada.
Yes, I had known many Canadians who expressed empathy and supports in my situation. At my job I have received numerous support from my Canadian colleagues while I apply PR. Also my boss who is Canadian with Scottish background has expressed concerns on how low-efficient CIC is in processing my PR, and concerns in general foreign worker's condition in Canada.
However you can't deny there are a good potion of insecure and hypocritical Canadians who love to condemn foreigners in Canada for their failures themselves and unfavorable situations in life. Many of them just love to it on Internet and somehow felt secure behind a computer screen. What are they really proud about and are afraid of? Isn't it all comes down to highly qualified foreigners are taking good careers and resources in Canada, leaving them as local Canadians unable to achieve the same level, and somehow they realize Oh I am local Canadian so Canada must consider me first - let's forget about the rule of hiring by candidate's merit. It doesn't work this way until the LMIA comes in play, but oh well I guess being a foreigner in Canada these are things I can not avoid. Don't know about situations in other Western countries, and would like to study how Canada compares to them.

<No means to deviate from this thread topic; admin please delete posts if needed.>
You are right, there are a lot of Canadians who are not properly educated on the whole foreigner topic. However, there are also a lot of foreigners who do come to Canada and don't contribute how they should and take advantage of the Canadian rights, such as free health care, welfare, etc. At the end of the day, it comes down to the type of person you are, not your background, or your race. That is all I am trying to say. Don't generalize, especially in situations and topics like this. I was not trying to be defensive, just stating my opinion because I see a lot of people commenting on native Canadians and how we don't understand (which may be true for a lot of us) and how we aren't as smart, or educated. That is not true, nor is it a fair statement to make.

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
My 2 cents -

Just to keep the sanity on this forum I think it is best not to use this as a platform to rant/judge people or vent out frustration on others.
Every single one of us deserves a place in this community and everyone understands that we are being pushed to our limits - especially the OLD CEC folks

This has always been a place to share information and help each other towards our goal of settling down in this country in the best possible way - by using each others help !

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
kamatmahesh said:
My 2 cents -

Just to keep the sanity on this forum I think it is best not to use this as a platform to rant/judge people or vent out frustration on others.
Every single one of us deserves a place in this community and everyone understands that we are being pushed to our limits - especially the OLD CEC folks

This has always been a place to share information and help each other towards our goal of settling down in this country in the best possible way - by using each others help !
I agree 100%. My boyfriend is a June 2014 applicant and and also still waiting. I am only on here to try and get some clarification on the topic and to save my own sanity in this crazy situation.

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
vikrantcanada said:
Hello Mridul

I have not applied yet. I am just collecting my documents and will be applying this week.
As far as I know you can have both the applications and they will process it simultaneously and when you get decision on anyone of them you can withdraw the other one.
I may be wrong.
Hi Vikrant,

Have you applied under EE

vikrantcanada

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
12-2-2015
Med's Done....
15-3-2016 (Upfront)
Interview........
RPRF 6-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
07-05-2016
MridulSharma said:
Hi Vikrant,

Have you applied under EE
Hi Mridul

Not yet. I still have time to submit my documents by Feb-2 for this ITA. still confused. What about you?

jfes2015

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
vikrantcanada said:
Hi Mridul

Not yet. I still have time to submit my documents by Feb-2 for this ITA. still confused. What about you?
And while were on this topic, can we just keep this forum for CEC and the old applications, not discussing if your applying for Express Entry and what you have left to do etc, im sure there is other forums for that. It just becomes frustrating for people who do not have the means or points to apply for Express entry. Not meaning to sound harsh I just think that the forum should be kept to what it is actually about which is a support for the lengthy process we are finding ourselves under.

vikrantcanada

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
12-2-2015
Med's Done....
15-3-2016 (Upfront)
Interview........
RPRF 6-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
07-05-2016
jfes2015 said:
And while were on this topic, can we just keep this forum for CEC and the old applications, not discussing if your applying for Express Entry and what you have left to do etc, im sure there is other forums for that. It just becomes frustrating for people who do not have the means or points to apply for Express entry. Not meaning to sound harsh I just think that the forum should be kept to what it is actually about which is a support for the lengthy process we are finding ourselves under.
My friend I am really sorry and I didn't mean to offend anyone. It was a simple question and I simply answered. IMO not him or neither me has said anything wrong.

As far as keeping the discussion to old CEC only I agree and this is not the best place to discuss that but my friend this is also not the place to get offended on merely a simple question and vent out your frustration on others. I think we all are in the same boat and we all are mature enough that rather than getting offended and venting frustration we should collectively look for solutions.

No hard feelings at all and stay positive. Because I feel that life is more than Canadian PR.

Thanks.