Passport Req..
13-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
Pending
kamatmahesh said:
Guys

I am an October 2014 CEC applicant - I know still suffering the wrath of Express entry sucking the blood out of our old process. I applied for my BOWP for my wife and I in September 2015. I know we are both eligible for one year on the BOWP as I have completed my 3 years on the post graduate work permit- my spouse is on my dependent.

Looking at the current timelines, my hunch is I may have to apply for a second BOWP sometime next year if CEC still holds me up and there is no decision made. This is the worst case scenario , I want to be prepared for.

Can you please advise if I will get a second BOWP , if so then for what duration after completing 4 full years of work in Canada

Cheers
Mahesh
BOWP will be valid for one year from the date it was approved. However the 4 year rule does not apply if you are applying for BOWP.

I believe you can get a second BOWP.

Best Regards,

canind1983

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-06-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
Pending
kamatmahesh said:
Thanks a lot for the quick response. What about the duration ?
Based on my experience you get it for a period of one year.

Best Regards,

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MridulSharma said:
Has anybody called CIC recently ? Did the reps indicate the timeline to be 18 months (instead of what is indicated on the website)
i called them a few minutes ago..

m a mid-august 2014 applicant. agent first asked for my application date, then counted the time elapsed - said okay it's been 17 months and then put me on hold to check the status.

after a minute, i received a response saying - "your file is in process".
my next question was what is the current update on file - "in process".
i asked can you check if eligibility is passed - "your file is in ottawa. no eligibility has not even started. they haven't even looked at it."
i have a BOWP application as well, can you check the status on that - "when did you submit ?"
in December 2015 - "it is received, processing has not started for these files."
i thanked the agent for updates.

:( feel like crying now, my current wp is about to expire and am on the verge of losing my job

SVAI

Nov 19, 2014
Pearl1 said:

m a mid-august 2014 applicant. agent first asked for my application date, then counted the time elapsed - said okay it's been 17 months and then put me on hold to check the status.

i asked can you check if eligibility is passed - "your file is in ottawa. no eligibility has not even started. they haven't even looked at it."
i have a BOWP application as well, can you check the status on that - "when did you submit ?"
in December 2015 - "it is received, processing has not started for these files."

:( feel like crying now, my current wp is about to expire and am on the verge of losing my job

Hi Pearl1,
My status is similar to you as well. I am a mid August 2014 applicant too. Based on my AOR number(which I had received in Nov 2014) I applied and received a BOWP which was valid until Dec 2015. In October 2015, I applied to extend my BOWP. I am currently in implied status.

You will be in implied status which allows you to legally continue work in Canada until a decision has been made on your application. So why would you lose your job just because your current WP is about to expire?

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SVAI said:
Hi Pearl1,
My status is similar to you as well. I am a mid August 2014 applicant too. Based on my AOR number(which I had received in Nov 2014) I applied and received a BOWP which was valid until Dec 2015. In October 2015, I applied to extend my BOWP. I am currently in implied status.

You will be in implied status which allows you to legally continue work in Canada until a decision has been made on your application. So why would you lose your job just because your current WP is about to expire?

Awwww Man!!!!

one of friend just told me that some of his friends from AUg and sept received medical request recently.

I guess not all applicants are on this thread.

I just got positive feeling now and I was about to cry a minute ago like you.

This thread made all of us brother and sister .

kittu_1510

Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront (along with application)
Med's Done....
Upfront (June 2015)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
Pearl1 said:

Hi Pearl1, Since you already applied for BOWP before your current WP expired and since your application is currently in process.. you will be treated as "implied Status" and are eligible to work in Canada until you hear from them.
Is there any reason you said you would loose your job?

vikasshr

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2015
Med's Request
12 Feb 2016
Med's Done....
19 Feb 2016
Interview........
RRPF paid Upfront
Passport Req..
18 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-Apr 2016
LANDED..........
30-Apr 2016
msingh199 said:
Awwww Man!!!!

one of friend just told me that some of his friends from AUg and sept received medical request recently.

I guess not all applicants are on this thread.

I just got positive feeling now and I was about to cry a minute ago like you.

This thread made all of us brother and sister .
which date of september. I am too 3rd September applicant.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kittu_1510 said:
Hi Pearl1, Since you already applied for BOWP before your current WP expired and since your application is currently in process.. you will be treated as "implied Status" and are eligible to work in Canada until you hear from them.
Is there any reason you said you would loose your job?
i understand that i will be in implied status, but my employer won't be willing to go through the pain of looking at all this documentation and better off hiring a new employee (as it is a huge corporation and i don't think they have any one with a temporary residence status, i came to know this when i first spoke to hr about the LOE in 2014. i was able to convince them that i will get pr within a year :( ).

now that my current wp is about to expire and i have no idea when the extension will arrive, i don't think they will go through any more trouble. also, this horrible wait on pr status is just ridiculous and whenever i try to get a status update from call center, the answer is vague "in process". this does not help, i think i deserve to know what exactly is currently going on with my application.

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
Pearl1 said:
i understand that i will be in implied status, but my employer won't be willing to go through the pain of looking at all this documentation and better off hiring a new employee (as it is a huge corporation and i don't think they have any one with a temporary residence status, i came to know this when i first spoke to hr about the LOE in 2014. i was able to convince them that i will get pr within a year :( ).

now that my current wp is about to expire and i have no idea when the extension will arrive, i don't think they will go through any more trouble. also, this horrible wait on pr status is just ridiculous and whenever i try to get a status update from call center, the answer is vague "in process". this does not help, i think i deserve to know what exactly is currently going on with my application.
Would you mind share who's your employer? I work for TD bank and I may have the same issue in next 5 months. Thanks

But I think your employer can not let you go just because you are only under implied status. However they will terminate the employment relationship as soon as your BOWP get refused.

vikasshr

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2015
Med's Request
12 Feb 2016
Med's Done....
19 Feb 2016
Interview........
RRPF paid Upfront
Passport Req..
18 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-Apr 2016
LANDED..........
30-Apr 2016
heroforest said:
Would you mind share who's your employer? I work for TD bank and I may have the same issue in next 5 months. Thanks

But I think your employer can not let you go just because you are only under implied status. However they will terminate the employment relationship as soon as your BOWP get refused.
TD understands this . my wife was too implied status and they just asked for the proof of your application BOWP.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vikasshr said:
TD understands this . my wife was too implied status and they just asked for the proof of your application BOWP.
this is what i mean, as long as the employer understands these immigration complications, you are good.

as i already notified in my previous comments, i had to explain the reason for requesting LOE and convince them, i don't think they are willing to look into these implied status documents (but i will try to explain it to them).

vikasshr

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2015
Med's Request
12 Feb 2016
Med's Done....
19 Feb 2016
Interview........
RRPF paid Upfront
Passport Req..
18 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-Apr 2016
LANDED..........
30-Apr 2016
Pearl1 said:
this is what i mean, as long as the employer understands these immigration complications, you are good.

as i already notified in my previous comments, i had to explain the reason for requesting LOE and convince them, i don't think they are willing to look into these implied status documents (but i will try to explain it to them).
best of luck ...