Feb 23, 2016
There's something weird going on with my application

AOR: Oct 25, 2022

Biometrics enrolment: Nov 23, 2022

Request asking IMM5406 to be filled out: Nov 11, 2022

Medical passed: Nov 14, 2022

Background check passed: Jan 30, 2023

Eligibility: No started

The weird thing is even though I gave my biometrics and I see the enrolment date/expiry date on my profile, it still says "biometrics in progress" on the tracker. I emailed IRCC and they replied saying they received my biometrics on Feb 26th but the tracker still shows the same.

Another weird thing is on the tracker, when I expand my eligibility, it says something along the lines of "We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class" Idk what the heck that means as I am not looking to sponsor a partner nor am I a child? The application is solely on my behalf. I am so confused by the wording and I am not sure if I should call them and ask them what is going on because I know they are probably busy and I haven't hit the 6th month mark yet... should I still call them?

In addition, my PGWP expires in august of this year. Should I be filing for a new work permit since there don't seem to be any updates on my PR?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks :)
I don't think you need to apply for a new PGWP. As far as I know, you are under an 'Implied Status'. Since you are waiting for a decision regarding your PR Application. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

The weird thing is even though I gave my biometrics and I see the enrolment date/expiry date on my profile, it still says "biometrics in progress" on the tracker. I emailed IRCC and they replied saying they received my biometrics on Feb 26th but the tracker still shows the same.

Another weird thing is on the tracker, when I expand my eligibility, it says something along the lines of "We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class" Idk what the heck that means as I am not looking to sponsor a partner nor am I a child? The application is solely on my behalf. I am so confused by the wording and I am not sure if I should call them and ask them what is going on because I know they are probably busy and I haven't hit the 6th month mark yet... should I still call them?

In addition, my PGWP expires in august of this year. Should I be filing for a new work permit since there don't seem to be any updates on my PR?

You definitely should think about applying for a work permit. I think BOWP is the correct one you need to apply for but ask around to confirm

Joy_Lil

Jan 25, 2023
I don't think you need to apply for a new PGWP. As far as I know, you are under an 'Implied Status'. Since you are waiting for a decision regarding your PR Application. Correct me if I'm wrong.
There's no implied status for PR applicants, you have to apply for a BOWP

durianwind

Feb 8, 2023
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-11-2022
It means Not Started. What's your Background Check on your GCKey? Is it Your Application Is In Progress or We Are Processing?
"Your application is in progress". Yeah I think it makes sense that it's "not started". Ever since Eligibility Passed on Feb 8, I've been waiting for some movements. I hope they finish BG check soon.

Joy_Lil

Jan 25, 2023

Hey, there are many people in the same situation (except for the biometrics situation). Eligibility not started and background checks completed around Jan 27-31.

The reason why you are seeing spouse, partner or child class is that this tracker was built only for sponroship applications in principle, and they didn't update this part.

morshipan

Mar 9, 2023
Hey, there are many people in the same situation (except for the biometrics situation). Eligibility not started and background checks completed around Jan 27-31.

The reason why you are seeing spouse, partner or child class is that this tracker was built only for sponroship applications in principle, and they didn't update this part.
That's helpful. Thank you!

Reactions: Joy_Lil

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
That's helpful. Thank you!
To add to that, I have that weird update too! Biometrics showes "In Progress" on the tracker. Don't worry. I heard they say that when everything is checked, biometrics will say completed.

My PGWP will expire in June. What I will do is to wait until May and will apply for the BOWP if I don't have my application approved by then. We are qualified for BOWP since we have AOR, don't need to apply for work permit extension. The BOWP is the work permit so we can work while waiting for our PR application's decision.

Reactions: morshipan

morshipan

Mar 9, 2023
To add to that, I have that weird update too! Biometrics showes "In Progress" on the tracker. Don't worry. I heard they say that when everything is checked, biometrics will say completed.

My PGWP will expire in June. What I will do is to wait until May and will apply for the BOWP if I don't have my application approved by then. We are qualified for BOWP since we have AOR, don't need to apply for work permit extension. The BOWP is the work permit so we can work while waiting for our PR application's decision.
Hey, this post reassured me so thanks so much! I think I will also wait till April and apply for my BOWP then.

I hope we hear good news soon :)

Mar 9, 2023
I am in similar boat. Additional complexity, my PGWP should have been till Jan 2024

I am in a similar boat. Additional complexity, my PGWP should have been till Jan 2024 but my previous passport's expiry date was till July 2023, so I was provided with the permit date valid till July 2023 & it has a note that 'Passport must be renewed to be eligible for work permit extension'. After PGWP, the TRV that I got stamped on my passport was also till July 2023. After passport renewal, I submitted the web form to inform IRCC about this change and received acknowledgement as well. But now, my confusion is even if I am eligible for BOWP, what about my visa? I read on CIC website that we can continue staying in Canada on valid worker status, but my be I will not be able to travel outside and come back after the visa expires. Or should I apply for a new visa as well while waiting for PR to be approved? It's so confusing :/

cec-candidate

Dec 22, 2022
Hi All, Sharing my full timeline here after closing this whole process:

CEC inland, with inland spouse dependant.
Primary VO: CIO - Sidney, Nova Scotia
Secondary VO: CPC - Ottawa
CRS: 517
ITA: Nov 9, 2022
e-APR: Nov 17, 2022
AOR: Nov 17, 2022
Biometrics Linked: Dec 2, 2022
GU 1: Dec 3, 2022 (No changes)
Medicals Passed: Jan 11, 2023
GU 2: Jan 26, 2023 (No changes)
GU3: Feb 2, 2023 (No Changes) |
Portal Email: Feb 3, 2023 from Calgary
Portal Credentials: Feb 6, 2023
eCOPR: Feb 14, 2023 from Calgary
PR Card Mailed: Feb 27, 2023
PR Card Received: March 3, 2023

Also ordered CBSA notes on Jan 27, 2023 and received them on Feb 24, 2023 (at that point the process had been approved).

Hoping the best for those still waiting

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC
Just received a GU and it seems like my Medicals went back to in progress from passed.

I originally submitted my old medicals from the temp public policy. Status was from Passed -> You don't need a medical exam -> We are reviewing your medical exam.

Any clues why that happened?

---

AOR: Nov 18
Bio/MEP: Dec 5
Eligibility: Passed
Medicals: IP (was passed dk why they're reviewing it again)
Criminality: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Security: Not Started

PVO - CPC Edmonton
SVO - Etobicoke
Just had another GU. No update, no re-medical request.

Reactions: BC_CEC_Aspirant

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018
"Your application is in progress". Yeah I think it makes sense that it's "not started". Ever since Eligibility Passed on Feb 8, I've been waiting for some movements. I hope they finish BG check soon.
When your Bg status changed to, your application is in progress from we are processing your bgcheck?

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
My details

AOR: 25th November 2022
Biometrics linked/Medical passed: 20th Dec
GU1 (for bio/medical): 21st Dec
GU2: 30th Jan

PVO(&SVO I guess): CPC Ottawa
Ordered CBSA GCMS notes on 28th Jan, got it on the 28th of Feb.
Info Sharing: In Progress
Criminality: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Eligibility: Passed
Due Date was 2nd of March, no update since last GU though

Tracker shows all complete, except for BG verification which shows 'Not Started'. Waiting for approval email, its been 104 days since AOR