CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Hey, anyone here in a similar situation? or any suggestions/ideas of what can be done to at least have the eligibility/background check to "in progress"?

AOR: Nov 18, 2022
MEP + Biometrics: Dec 05, 2022
No updates on GC Key after that.
New tracker:
  • Medical: Complete
  • Biometrics: Complete
  • Eligibility: Not started
  • Background Verification: Not started
Called IRCC on Feb 13 and March 1.
  • VO: Ottawa
  • Medical + Biometrics: Complete
  • Criminality: Complete
  • Eligibility & Background Check: Not started
I have seen some people from Dec/Jan get portal emails already
No, we have no control in order for it to change to "In Progress".

CEC2023

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
Hey, anyone here in a similar situation? or any suggestions/ideas of what can be done to at least have the eligibility/background check to "in progress"?

AOR: Nov 18, 2022
MEP + Biometrics: Dec 05, 2022
No updates on GC Key after that.
New tracker:
  • Medical: Complete
  • Biometrics: Complete
  • Eligibility: Not started
  • Background Verification: Not started
Called IRCC on Feb 13 and March 1.
  • VO: Ottawa
  • Medical + Biometrics: Complete
  • Criminality: Complete
  • Eligibility & Background Check: Not started
I have seen some people from Dec/Jan get portal emails already
Not started doesn't necessarily mean that they're not working on it. My eligibility was not started since AOR 17 and then suddenly became passed on Feb 20. The waiting game is continued, now security to be cleared...

Mar 9, 2023
Hey, How do we understand our Visa office? I also see some terminologies like "caught GU1 on this date, caught GU2 on this date" etc. and pardon my lack of knowledge but I'm finding it hard to understand how people are getting further info on their application.

My CEC application AOR: November 9, 2022
This is current status of my application in IRCC portal:

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - November 22, 2022:You passed the medical exam."

Tracker shows eligibility and background check not started.

It would be helpful if someone can guide to understand how to interpret and get VO/GU information

Reactions: novemberrain

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Hey, How do we understand our Visa office? I also see some terminologies like "caught GU1 on this date, caught GU2 on this date" etc. and pardon my lack of knowledge but I'm finding it hard to understand how people are getting further info on their application.

My CEC application AOR: November 9, 2022
This is current status of my application in IRCC portal:

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - November 22, 2022:You passed the medical exam."

Tracker shows eligibility and background check not started.

It would be helpful if someone can guide to understand how to interpret and get VO/GU information
I highly recommend you read through this thread or do some research for this to get more information. I find it interesting to learn more about processes this way hehe

To answer your question simply, you can only spot a Ghost Update if you check your CIC portal regularly and catch some changes on your account. For example, my account has always said "Submitted" but one fine day, it said: "Application Updated" (or something similar) but when I checked, nothing changed! That is considered a "Ghost Update". Ghost Updates are always good sign since it means that someone is working on our file in the background. Some people receive multiple GUs (2 or 3) during a period of time and finally, their application got approved. This period of time can be long, or short, no one knows.

For Visa Office (VO) whom our application is assigned to, the only way to know is to call IRCC or order GCMS note. With some VO, we see fast approval while with some others (like Vancouver or Kitchener), the applications seem to be stuck with them.

Reactions: Silverlining128

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC
That's new knowledge to me. The mine is Sidney Nova Scotia?
Has your medical always been in the state of "Reviewing" I swear I saw it as passed a week ago or something lol

We pretty much have the same timeline, but different VOs.

Same status for all parameters, except my criminality has been set to passed as well.

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
Has your medical always been in the state of "Reviewing" I swear I saw it as passed a week ago or something lol

We pretty much have the same timeline, but different VOs.

Same status for all parameters, except my criminality has been set to passed as well.
Yes. It is reviewing since the start. Well, before it was 'We do not need your medical. bla bla' and turned to 'We are reviewing'.
For Criminality, it was 'Passed' before and when I called IRCC, they said it is 'Not Started'. They said VOs usually put it to Not Started after Eligibility Passed to double check it for the Background Check phase.

durianwind

Feb 8, 2023
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-11-2022
Just finished the call with IRCC, I called at around 11:45 EST and got called back around 40 minutes later.

AOR: Nov 30

PVO: Ottawa
SVO: Sydney

ME + Bio: Done
Eligibility: Done
Info Sharing: Done
Criminality + Security: Not Started In Progress (?)

The agent let me know that everything seems to be in order, no specific requests/notes, and to keep holding on.

I'm not sure but she said "Criminality and Security remain to be done" - does it mean it's in progress or not started, anyone had the same experience can share what it means? In the moment I assumed it meant in progress but now thinking back I don't know if it meant "not started" lol

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Just finished the call with IRCC, I called at around 11:45 EST and got called back around 40 minutes later.

Criminality + Security: In Progress (?)

The agent let me know that nothing seems to be in order, no specific requests/notes, and to keep holding on.

I'm not sure but she said "Criminality and Security remain to be done" - does it mean it's in progress or not started, anyone had the same experience can share what it means? In the moment I assumed it meant in progress but now thinking back I don't know if it meant "not started" lol
Welcome sir, plenty of Sydney folks here. It is a dark and lonely SVO to have

morshipan

Mar 9, 2023
There's something weird going on with my application

AOR: Oct 25, 2022

Biometrics enrolment: Nov 23, 2022

Request asking IMM5406 to be filled out: Nov 11, 2022

Medical passed: Nov 14, 2022

Background check passed: Jan 30, 2023

Eligibility: No started

The weird thing is even though I gave my biometrics and I see the enrolment date/expiry date on my profile, it still says "biometrics in progress" on the tracker. I emailed IRCC and they replied saying they received my biometrics on Feb 26th but the tracker still shows the same.

Another weird thing is on the tracker, when I expand my eligibility, it says something along the lines of "We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class" Idk what the heck that means as I am not looking to sponsor a partner nor am I a child? The application is solely on my behalf. I am so confused by the wording and I am not sure if I should call them and ask them what is going on because I know they are probably busy and I haven't hit the 6th month mark yet... should I still call them?

In addition, my PGWP expires in august of this year. Should I be filing for a new work permit since there don't seem to be any updates on my PR?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks :)

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016

Criminality + Security: In Progress (?)

The agent let me know that everything seems to be in order, no specific requests/notes, and to keep holding on.

It means Not Started. What's your Background Check on your GCKey? Is it Your Application Is In Progress or We Are Processing?